RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment

Construction Equipment If it digs, pushes, hauls dirt "off road" post it here.

Old 02-02-2015, 09:19 AM

Ulrich is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Liebherr R956 made by Premacon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJi4Vb9puN4

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 02-02-2015, 09:28 AM

chris deacon is on a distinguished road

Slightly off topic. What is that you digging in the 1st post? Looks like some plastic. What and where do you get it from?
Thanks Chris
Old 02-02-2015, 09:50 AM

Hi Chris,
you´re right.

http://www.ttm-shop.de/index.php/kat...kg_beutel.html

Not cheap and definately no challenge for hydraulic models, but approved by the "international dear wife association" for playing inside...

bye
Ulrich

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 02-02-2015, 11:01 AM

chris deacon is on a distinguished road

LOL. cheers buddy.
Old 02-13-2015, 01:49 PM

Hi Joe,
still owe you the answer to your question,

Bye
Ulrich

Old 02-13-2015, 11:48 PM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation

Yes you do...
Thanx Ulrich, good to know.

Joe
Old 02-26-2015, 12:44 AM
Green Horn

rc13 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulrich View Post
Hi Chris,
you´re right.

http://www.ttm-shop.de/index.php/kat...kg_beutel.html

Not cheap and definately no challenge for hydraulic models, but approved by the "international dear wife association" for playing inside...

bye
Ulrich
Hello, that is pretty funny about the approval for the "international dear wife association". Well, that is what I am looking for also.
I too was curious about this black plastic material that you have in some of your pics and videos. In the past I have also seen that some people have used the black shredded rubber.
The plastic material seams like it would be too light in weight to work with? Do you think it works well? Do you have any problems with the plastic causing issues with your tracked machines?
Even though I just cant get over a hump to have dirt in my basement, the dirt would still be awesome for when it is muddy outside or snowy. This plastic appears to be the next best thing.
I appreciate any info.
Thanks,
Eddie
Old 02-26-2015, 10:20 AM

Hi Eddy,
I´m glad my wife didn´t read that. You should have seen her look when I was heading for the playground in the attic with two bins of dirt back then. But as you write, you might have seen that too already...

We´ve got a spot in the garden where my son and I can dig when the weather is fine. The other times box in the attic is the next best thing.

The plastic is definately lighter than normal dirt. If you compare it to the "orginal" it´s like dry sand. The lightness shows when openig the bucket, it slips to each side, not easy to control over the truck. You can see this on real excavators loading typical dry sand. The buckets are shaped differently to handle that problem.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gp757lSVzZI about a min in

The same problem is with driving on it. As you cannot do that on dry sand in real life, you won´t be able to climb that pile shown on the pics. Neither the Wheeloader L576, nore the Tracked-Loader LR634 will do that. They just sink, pushing the material away.

Last weekend I emptied three batteries on the LR634 as it got a new driveline. The chain itself has no problem with the small plastic lying around, as mentioned not beeing able climb a bigger pile. The Tyres of the trucks fill with the small parts and have to bee cleaned before a "real ride"

Hope that helps a litte.
bye
Ulrich

Old 02-27-2015, 12:27 AM
Green Horn

rc13 is on a distinguished road

Hi again. Yes that info helps. I have a small wooded structure built in my basement for me and the kids to load trucks and things in the winter. I am contemplating on what to put in it. So I will probably get a small amount of the plastic to test it.

I too have a nice set up in the backyard for digging. Real bummer when it is muddy from a rain storm or frozen in the winter. My vario excavators can dig some hard dirt, but not that hard stuff in the frozen winter...
I would like to cover it with a roof structure someday. That would also help to keep a lot of sun off in the middle of the summer.

That Danish Construction channel is great. I have watched many videos from their channel.

Thanks,
Eddie