RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment > Construction Companies & Worksites

Old 11-16-2016, 01:25 PM
Green Horn

Hofabooz is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Great Dane excavating co.

Looking great cannot wait to see the beast go back together its going to look amazing.

Mark

Over the Pond in the UK

Member of Ribble Valley Radio Controlled Truck Club

my weather station
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 11-16-2016, 08:27 PM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation

One thing to note is what hyd hose are you using... if it's what Premacon supplied you with, then it's burst pressure is well in excess of 500psi. From anyone else that might be a softer more flexible rubber hose, 250psi is right at or just below burst pressure.

I've used the plastic push connects in metric sizes at 20bar no problems.

Joe
Old 11-16-2016, 08:40 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Cooper is on a distinguished road

I forget exactly what but the stuff I have is 350 or 400 psi? Been in use on the excavator for some time and I'm running close to 300 (I forget exactly maybe 275) , but no issues. Couldn't wait for premacon long delivery and $ so found some stateside . The first time learning with hydraulics I did get about 25' (cheep) of stuff that would form a nice bubble as I was looking at it thinking boy that is weird,,, then pop!! Oil everywhere!! That stuff is still sitting around here somewhere!?!??

I did end up using a number size smaller on my seals of the third stage. They were leaking pretty bad. May have grabbed the wrong ones to start with,, at leas I hope so . Not much room for error and all my tollarances have been pretty much trial and error. Hopefully I don't have to build new cylinders. If I do I'll know what I'm doing this time around. As there is always things to change improve on!!

Forget if I mentioned this in thread before but I do have dust seals on the taper bearings used in the front wheels. Hub cap protects them on outside. Thanks to walmart, got the bearings from them, in automotive department, trailer wheel bearings
Old 11-21-2016, 11:13 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Guess I wasn't really paying much attention to details, I installed this toggle switch for an on/off from battery. I didn't look at the amp rateing of switch and cooked it!! Also found out that my gearing change is too much for the esc/motor to handle. Thought I cooked the esc but it is still working. Went back to original gearing but esc still runs hot. But I do have a much bigger sensor based esc that I'm swapping out to see if that will run cooler. When we were at the last show the truck took off instantly on its own and that may have had something to do with esc malfunctioning. Glad it wasn't pointed at anyone's trucks, it ran into a cardboard box against wall!!!

Also dismantled lift cylinders for inspection and found some scratches on cylinders. Dropped a size on the orings for second stage and re polished. Put back together and left side kept leaking. Right side was good so at least I was doing something correct . After cycling them a few times the leak stopped and they are working rather well. No excessive oil on cylinders and nothing leaking out!!

Today,,,, working on computer stuff, today I'm am the I.T. Guy,, even brought my best computer tools. Hammer, saw, and pliers!! Naaa, I went into the junk pile and am trying to find a fan that will act as a cooling fan behind grill.
Old 11-21-2016, 12:07 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

TRUCKMAKER is on a distinguished road

You know that computer repair job would go a lot quicker if you used a gas wrench!
Old 11-21-2016, 01:18 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

JAMMER is on a distinguished road

No not a gas wrench just needs a bigger hammer I find that I can fix anything with my 4 pound hammer. Ed
Old 11-21-2016, 01:30 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Bo Wallen is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb Re: Great Dane excavating co.

Excellent tool choice ! You could add TNT for a more speedy result ;o)
Old 11-21-2016, 01:40 PM
Green Horn

Hofabooz is on a distinguished road

Hi Cooper

For It repairs I always fine the Hammer a good option and as Jammer said 4 pound is good if all else fails threaten it with the industrial shredder I have done that a few times at work and it usualy prompt the misbehaving IT kit to buck its ideas up.
We use the shredder for end of life kit and for security reasons it turns it all into metal confetie which is then recycled amazing piece of kit.
However know where near as much for as RC please keep posting this excellent build

thanks

Mark

Over the Pond in the UK

Member of Ribble Valley Radio Controlled Truck Club

my weather station
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 11-21-2016, 06:21 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Found the perfect fan, it was the one inside the power source from the computer. And I got done messing with different esc. The original one I was using was Novak crusher, good for rock crawlers. It was getting pretty hot, don't think it would hold up to much abuse and I don't know what Amp rating is but it can't be much.

Just so happens I had this one laying around , and it works with novac sensored motors. Just tested it on bench and all good, next is to stuff it in the belly of the beast. I figured if I'm showing the build might as well go through the growing pains of working on the electronics as well. I may lengthen the on/off switch and just use that for a kill button. Going to be adding other remote switches for lights etc,,
Old 11-23-2016, 10:54 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

http://youtu.be/g51LGmL6_To

A video showing the cylinder working, no drips, working flawlessly. I have another video but for so reason it keeps failing to upload?? Once it does I'll post that one also.
Old 11-23-2016, 11:20 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

bigford is an unknown quantity at this point

Because you live in east bumble f**** nowhere
Old 11-23-2016, 11:43 PM
Apprentice

DADSGARAGE is on a distinguished road

Wow...excellent job on those cylinders!! In fact excellent job on the whole build!! The amount of time and work you put into this truck is finally paying off, seeing it finished and painted must be a great feeling of accomplishment, definitely a build to be proud of !!!
KP
Old 11-24-2016, 01:30 AM
Journeyman

tracksntreadslou is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: Great Dane excavating co.

I salute you RW..Knocked this out of the park ...At this point I would never tackle the cylinders you made ..very cool...nice work
Old 11-24-2016, 10:13 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

https://youtu.be/cCrjxO2g000

And another quick video keeping with the Great Dane construction company business model of never harming animals. Just displacing them!!
Old 11-24-2016, 10:43 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

bigford is an unknown quantity at this point

LOL that poor cat puts up with a lot of **** from you
Old 11-24-2016, 11:07 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

JAMMER is on a distinguished road

Cooper those cylinders look great. They work nice ans smooth going up and down. Ed
Old 11-24-2016, 02:01 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

TRUCKMAKER is on a distinguished road

Nice video RW, the wife and daughter both liked it, I figured it was about the cats but both made comments about the truck, been around me too long I guess. They said don't dump the cat before you ever got to that point lol. I really like the speeds both hydraulic and drive speed!
Old 11-24-2016, 07:31 PM
Wannabe

Efroeh is on a distinguished road

Hey cooper what kind of batteries and what size are they that you run in your truck and d11?
Old 11-24-2016, 08:53 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efroeh View Post
Hey cooper what kind of batteries and what size are they that you run in your truck and d11?
3s 8400 mah turnigy (hobbyking) but they discontinued them!! They were replacements for traxxss stadium trucks. Only need high quality batteries when you are near limits of amp discharge capibilities of battery. I.e. I use dinogy batteries in my boat, 10s (two 5s wired inseries) 5000mah per side, twin motors. This boat pulls 400 amps per side but deplets batteries in less than 3 min run times. But any more time and things melt. I pay good $ from r those batteries because I need to, on all the trucks and stuff I'm not anywhere near stressing even the cheapest of batteries. Just depends on quality. There are only about 6 battery manufacturers but a lot of companies rebrand and sell as theirs. Use to know what factories were selling whose batteries but it is really hard to figure me that info anymore, companies don't want to share trade secrets.
Old 11-24-2016, 09:00 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Working in decals, cut some of them too big so while I wait on more cutting I'll post a pic