RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Kings of the Road > Highway Trucks and Trailers > Truck News

Truck News New kits & accessories offered in the world wide marketplace

Old 02-11-2018, 07:37 PM
Green Horn

DieselKid is on a distinguished road
Default Re: New Tamiya Mercedes Arocs 3348

Looks pretty cool. I know everyone is always bummed to see another Euro rig, but the actuator kit is interesting, and even the dump box has some potential to look like something on this side of the pond with some modifications.....actually doesn't look too far off from what a lot of ag/grain boxes look like over here already......just add some extensions/side boards.

What catches my eye almost more than anything is the drive tires.....the tread almost looks similar to the Fulda Crossforce from Carson, but shallower, I like it!

-Alex
Old 02-22-2018, 08:47 AM

jjackso5 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: New Tamiya Mercedes Arocs 3348

All, this kit is listed on the Tower Hobbies website for "pre-order" with availability in mid-March according to the limited information on the site/listing. Pricing looks affordable as well for the basic kit. Though I'd like to know what the lift kit pricing will be and what MFU this will require/use. I would tend to believe that more than one of the alternate control/sound systems could be fitted to this as well.

There wasn't any information about the "lift kit" though, but I'm sure that will follow in a few days. That kit might be useful for conversions as well.

This kit combination certainly could make conversions more obtainable for more people, possible easier builds, as the engineering is done for you perhaps, just a thought. That means more dump trucks, probably more people getting into the hobby, but that's just my thoughts.

Who's gonna order one to write the review for Tower?

Have a great day,

Jim