RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's General Discussion. > General Discussion

General Discussion A place to post off topic discussions.

Old 05-14-2016, 11:01 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

RCP57 is on a distinguished road
Default Blackwell Axles

Does anyone know who actually makes the Blackwell axles for RC4WD? I would like to buy a pair of rears but they just seem over priced from RC4WD when compared to other axles and I never see them for sale used.

Thanks!
Old 05-15-2016, 02:35 AM

Location: Mostly a little world of my own but otherwise in the Bolton area in the North West of England
Serviceguyuk is on a distinguished road
Cool Re: Blackwell Axles

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCP57 View Post
Does anyone know who actually makes the Blackwell axles for RC4WD? I would like to buy a pair of rears but they just seem over priced from RC4WD when compared to other axles and I never see them for sale used.

Thanks!
Hi,

My research has found that Blackwell products seem to be actually manufactured by RC4WD

This is a clip from https://translate.google.co.uk/trans...D1&prev=search

Hope this helps (and all the links work)

Mike
Old 05-15-2016, 09:37 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Default Re: Blackwell Axles

Thanks for that Mike. I have looked many times and have never seen them for sale "new" anywhere but from RC4WD so I guess they are it. It seems the semi axles we use are often branded with different badging(or none at all) and sold at many different online stores but are actually made by one outfit in China. I was hoping to find a way to buy them closer to the source and be able to save a few bucks. I don't know for sure that they will work for what I want so spending what will be very close to $600CAD on two axles is not a risk I want to take.

Reg
Old 05-15-2016, 03:23 PM

justin is on a distinguished road

$600. That's loose change for u reg lol
Old 05-15-2016, 07:10 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by justin View Post
$600. That's loose change for u reg lol
Um, no. Quite the opposite actually.

Hey do you have the same address as before Justin? Been meaning to send you something.
Old 05-15-2016, 09:37 PM

justin is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Um, no. Quite the opposite actually.

Hey do you have the same address as before Justin? Been meaning to send you something.
Yea mate wat u got for me
Old 05-16-2016, 03:05 AM

Location: Mostly a little world of my own but otherwise in the Bolton area in the North West of England

Quote:
Thanks for that Mike. I have looked many times and have never seen them for sale "new" anywhere but from RC4WD so I guess they are it. It seems the semi axles we use are often branded with different badging(or none at all) and sold at many different online stores but are actually made by one outfit in China. I was hoping to find a way to buy them closer to the source and be able to save a few bucks. I don't know for sure that they will work for what I want so spending what will be very close to $600CAD on two axles is not a risk I want to take.

Reg
Hi Reg & pleased to meet you so to speak.

I think we try the same things i.e. try to find the manufacturer. Always shop around as often you do find the same thing at a lower cost. I do think you're right though, there's a couple of Chinese guys in Xaimen or shanghai working 14 hours a day 7 days a week making all this stuff for everyone

Seriously though you're right again, so much money for a couple of axles. It doesn't matter who you are that is serious money for what might be an experiment. Having said that when I look at the quoted specification there's a whole load of work goes into these. Over sixty parts, 13 bearings, removable covers, powder coated in place of anodization, hardened steel and so on. Working on typical 50% gross margin and excluding shipping costs it seems like the cost price of these is likely to be around £25.00 British which isn't at all costly when you consider the amount of work that goes into them at probably quite low volume of production.

Truth is you're probably closer to the manufacturer where you are on the island than any of us !

As I'd never seen these before you're peaked my interest and if you let me know which ones you're interested in (with a part number) then I'll do my best to scour the interweb and find the best price I can for you (new and or used). If I find anything I'll PM you to save just running this thread on and on.

Just trying to help

Mike
Old 05-16-2016, 03:26 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Hey Mike.

Part of the reason I want to know who makes them is because I really only want to buy this. (picture taken from the net)

I know it is unlikely to have that happen but I would like to make my own axle housings anyway for a more scale look so only having the "pumpkin" would awesome. Of course if I could find a pair of complete straight axles for a reasonable price that would work. I don't want to pay $180US each plus shipping, duty and exchange only to throw away half of the parts. I'm not in a panic though so we'll see what comes up.
Old 05-17-2016, 10:41 AM
Apprentice

trucker n is on a distinguished road

hey reg I put an add up on rccrawler.com for some a guy replied saying he has 3 axles waiting for a reply on price if your interested
Old 05-17-2016, 12:09 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by trucker n View Post
hey reg I put an add up on rccrawler.com for some a guy replied saying he has 3 axles waiting for a reply on price if your interested
Oh OK. Thanks Neil. Keep me posted. Anyone need a King dump box or two so that I can free up some cash?lol
Old 05-20-2016, 05:31 AM

Thumbs down Re: Blackwell Axles

Quote:
Hey Mike.

Part of the reason I want to know who makes them is because I really only want to buy this. (picture taken from the net)

I know it is unlikely to have that happen but I would like to make my own axle housings anyway for a more scale look so only having the "pumpkin" would awesome. Of course if I could find a pair of complete straight axles for a reasonable price that would work. I don't want to pay $180US each plus shipping, duty and exchange only to throw away half of the parts. I'm not in a panic though so we'll see what comes up.
Hi Reg,

It looks like you might have a line on the elusive Blackwells. Fingers crossed for you.

My investigations have drawn a complete blank I'm afraid. I've checked crawler websites, forums, eBay sites from all over the world and can't find them anywhere except at the familiar 179.00 USD. Funnily enough they seem to be 179 GBP, CHF & Euro as well as being the same price at today's exchange rate from Korea, China and Japan

It seems like a global conspiracy to me

Anyway, best of luck and I hope you find some. Sorry I couldn't be more help but like I said earlier the whole thing has peaked my interest so I'll keep looking anyway.

Mike