RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Kings of the Road > Highway Trucks and Trailers

Highway Trucks and Trailers On road trucks and trailers single and twin axle trucks.

Old 04-14-2014, 08:52 PM

JAKEBRAKE is on a distinguished road
Default Re: "SLUMLORD" pic's...finally

WOW!! That truck is sharp, the paint job must have taken hours and from what I see for lights I'm guessing the tanker will be one big battery. LOL, great job!!
Old 04-14-2014, 09:15 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

glorydays24 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAKEBRAKE View Post
WOW!! That truck is sharp, the paint job must have taken hours and from what I see for lights I'm guessing the tanker will be one big battery. LOL, great job!!
Thank you JAKEBRAKE...And the trailer will have it's own battery...Can we say LED's? And if I can make it work, the truck will have two or three packs. I've got plans for lighting this bad boy up.

Thanx again, Big John

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

YOU WANTED THE BEST AND YOU GOT THE BEST THE HOTTEST BAND IN THE WORLD...KISS!!!!
Old 04-16-2014, 11:42 PM

Hockeydad is on a distinguished road

Are the fenders pretty sturdy or do they flex? I understand they are vacuum formed?

Bryan
Old 04-17-2014, 11:24 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeydad View Post
Are the fenders pretty sturdy or do they flex? I understand they are vacuum formed?

Bryan
Bryan the fenders do flex, but at the same time they are pretty sturdy also. And I think once they're mounted, that will make them more sturdy. And on the plus side, very little sanding is required.

Big John

YOU WANTED THE BEST AND YOU GOT THE BEST THE HOTTEST BAND IN THE WORLD...KISS!!!!
Old 04-17-2014, 11:34 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Well I wanted to show what I have been up to the last two days. I drilled holes for PMD's bullet lenses...I will be adding LED's in these. I also moved the ladder on the trailer to the front. I am trying to tie things together, so would anyone care to say why I'm using bullet lenses? Have a look.

Thanx for looking, Big John

Old 04-18-2014, 08:23 AM
Journeyman

flatdeck is an unknown quantity at this point

John you have done some great up grades to the Slumlord and it trailer.....

Wayne
Old 04-18-2014, 04:09 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

BRICKNICK is on a distinguished road

Hey big john what did you use for the valves ln the bottom of the tanker. O can't fond anytging that looks scale or correct and yours look nice.
Old 04-18-2014, 05:57 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by flatdeck View Post
John you have done some great up grades to the Slumlord and it trailer.....

Thanx buddy, I'm getting there.
Wayne
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRICKNICK View Post
Hey big john what did you use for the valves ln the bottom of the tanker. O can't fond anytging that looks scale or correct and yours look nice.
OK BRICKNICK just remember...you asked. The long chrome pieces are the stock damper sleeves from the Tamiya Lunchbox. Now I had a lot of spare parts from 1/25 scale truck-trailers and I found the inserts for the rear wheels for Revell of Germany's Stepp's tow truck. I trimmed the outside of the inserts to the same diameter as the damper tubes. For the valves I used spacers for the trailer dampers, screwed them in place with washers on top. And bingo, the valves were done. I was told a long time ago just look around the house and you would be surprised what we can find to work with. Happy hunting and thank you for the compliment.

Big John

Old 04-19-2014, 06:12 AM
Green Horn

toniolillo is on a distinguished road

I like very much the paint job
Old 04-19-2014, 04:38 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by toniolillo View Post
I like very much the paint job
Thanx buddy

Big John

Old 06-12-2014, 08:31 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Well guys and gals I got some very interesting news today, and it's upsetting when you think you have a friend, and all they did was lie to you. I talked with Ryno about the "SLUMLORD" and he informed me he did not paint these bodies. If he did, his name would've been on them. But I wasn't all that surprised knowing what I do now about the person I bought the bodies from. I feel like an absolute fool for believing this guy. All I can say is it's still a cool paint job. I just wish Ryno was the one who painted this. You know the old saying, "fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me". It won't happen again.

Big John

Old 05-29-2016, 12:10 AM

Lost_ Frequency is on a distinguished road

Wow this is a sick truck sorry for digging up an old post but I can't resist
Old 05-29-2016, 12:45 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost_ Frequency View Post
Wow this is a sick truck sorry for digging up an old post but I can't resist
Thanks Thomas! Don't worry about digging this up...I am considering selling the combo.

Old 05-29-2016, 01:24 AM

Man I wish I had the money to even make an offer lol would you trade for my whole rc collection from 20 years of being in the hobby but I do get to keep my rig that's the only one I'm keeping lol I'm just kidding but this thing is worth every dime you ask for it, it's a true piece of artwork! !
Old 05-29-2016, 11:05 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost_ Frequency View Post
Man I wish I had the money to even make an offer lol would you trade for my whole rc collection from 20 years of being in the hobby but I do get to keep my rig that's the only one I'm keeping lol I'm just kidding but this thing is worth every dime you ask for it, it's a true piece of artwork! !
LOL!!! When I had it in the living room, anybody who seen it would always take a second look, and a lot would ask about it.

Big John

Old 05-31-2016, 01:06 AM

I bet they would, that would look great with the LED's that I'm using under my truck