RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Tech section. > Electronics tech

Electronics tech Anything to do with the electronics in a model. Lights, Radio, ESC, Servo, Basic electrical.

Old 01-21-2016, 08:08 PM

jrterriors is on a distinguished road
Smile Tamiya box trailer side marker led kit ?

Hello, I've been stalking this Web sight for awhile but not sure if I'm looking in the right place. My knowledge of l.e.d Radio control lighting is very little , but my question is I'm looking to complete my standard box Tamiya trailer for Mfc-01 Cascadia tractor, looking for side marker leds in kit form or information to turn trailer light kit 4 brake lights and two white backups into what I need. I'm looking to at least 9 red in the top of trailer and 6 amber in lower sides . I have the kit for the automatic jack stands under the trailer would those have enough power for these l.e.d.s to function properly .Thanks for any help appreciated.
Old 01-28-2016, 08:27 PM
Snowman3725

Default Re: Tamiya box trailer side marker led kit ?

I don't believe there is a specific kit to accomplish what you need. If you want to sacrifice your trailer brake and reverse lights, then your new lights will only work when braking or reversing. It is best to use an output with constant voltage I.e running light to power then all the time. For the lighting you will need to buy multiple LEDs and wire them in a series loop to sufficiently power them. Not sure what voltage the power legs output, I recommend checking them with a voltmeter. There is a sticky in the electronic tech part of this forum entitled all about LEDs. I highly recommend you read it, as I learned quite a bit myself reading it.

Tags
leds for trailer, tamiya trailer