RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Tech section. > Electronics tech

Electronics tech Anything to do with the electronics in a model. Lights, Radio, ESC, Servo, Basic electrical.

Old 04-24-2016, 05:47 AM

buff69 is on a distinguished road
Default Brushless system

hi all has any one put a brushless system in there truck especially with a Beire sound and light system I bought a Carson poison and ESC along with my MB Actros 6x4 from Astec models but I like the sound of the smooth low speed ( is the Carson the same???) Allen from Astec said brushless is ok as long as there is no interverance so I would like to know if any one has this system running all ok in there truck if so which motor/ESC have you got if you have the Carson can you tell me how the low speed is please I'm only going to run my truck indoors so hence the need for low speed until I fined a club meeting near me ( I'm in Essex so does any one know of a club please) many many thanks all really appreciate your help Lee
Old 04-24-2016, 07:34 AM
Wannabe

Stuart is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Brushless system

Hi Lee,

I've used a brushless motor and esc with the beier usm-rc2 with no problems at all.
But for slow speed running at home and at shows I would recommend the servonaut geared motor and S22 esc, not cheap but excellent, I have that setup in my Actros 8x4 SLT Actros SLT

Stu
Old 04-25-2016, 04:49 PM

buff69 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Brushless system

Hi Stuart I'm following your SLT build it looks great, I'm thinking of doing my 6x4 Actros into a SLT might not be true to life but I think it would look good I've been told about the servonaut motor and I may just go down that road what speed do they go top end I'm told there very quiet so excellent cheers Stu Lee