RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Tech section. > Truck Building Tech

Truck Building Tech Covers mechanical and electrical components for truck modeling

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-18-2012, 06:00 PM
I'd rather be truckin'

Brian in PA will become famous soon enoughBrian in PA will become famous soon enough
Default 5 stage hydraulic clyinders

I'm going to throw something out there for you all to think about. With the lack of choices that we have, in hydraulics, it has been limited to the length of dump trailer that we can build. The wedico is too short with its 3 stages, and the scale art with its 4 stages is still too short for a scale trailer with a good dump angle. there is just no one else reliable to step up to the challenge in building a longer dump cylinder. Well a couple of us have been very frustrated and someone has finally stepped up and done something about it. Ed (heavy duty) has contacted Scale Art with this problem, and they agreed to make us a 5 stage cylinder. The extended length will be 24 inched long! the price will be about 665.00 each ,if we order 5, if we order 10 the price will jump down to 610.00 each. Now I already have 6 spoken for with a 7th pretty sure. Is anyone else interested in something like this? I know that this seems pricey, but Scale Art makes a product second to none. I also comes with a lifetime warranty, if any thing goes wrong it will be fixed free of charge! Please let me, or Ed know and if we get enough orders the price may come down some more. They are very eager to build this for us. Thanks!

Brian