RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment

Construction Equipment If it digs, pushes, hauls dirt "off road" post it here.

Old 07-03-2014, 02:00 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

egronvold is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Another Tigercat...

Very realistic picturels

Construction site on Facebook:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Pictures on Instagram:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 07-03-2014, 09:38 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

RCP57 is on a distinguished road

Thank you very much guys. I still have some details and paint to add on the skidder but I must say that I am happy to see it fully functional. I think a smaller hydraulic pump would be a nice addition as I have the speed dialed down a lot on this one. I also need to invest in a better battery. The 5aH lead acid doesn't run for long before it dies and it's added weight really isn't necessary on this machine. I added foams to the tires yesterday and that seemed to stop the crumpling on the rears.

Does anyone have any experience using the complete pump setup from RC4WD? I think it is around $225 for the pump and motor but I have no idea how much oil it moves. I need a fair amount of volume for this, just not as much as I have now..

Reg
Old 07-04-2014, 12:03 AM

nopgc is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCP57 View Post
Dung Fluid? It's definately not a Jung but it might work....

!
I like your pump. How did you do it?
Old 07-04-2014, 10:29 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

I didn't make the pump itself. My father in-law machined the inner case on a cnc mill to fit some internal gears that I had and then I machined the outside down as much as I could to decrease the size. The gears are from a motorcycle oil pump and are more designed for volume than pressure but it still pumps 25bar with ease. I'm not sure how long the aluminum case will last. It was our intention to try this pump and if it worked, make the cases from brass or steel. I have another case just like this one and a few sets of gears so I can make one more if this one wears quickly. My current drive setup is the original from my excavator and spins the pump way too fast for this machine. Pump speed is close to 6000rpm if I don't dial it back and the pump makes a lot of volume. I need to get a lower KV motor because the speed control gets hot running at a reduced speed all the time. Either that or get a smaller pump, hence my question about the RC4WD pump and motor.

Reg
Old 07-05-2014, 07:39 PM

Old Guy is on a distinguished road

Glad to see you have your model working, as always a work of art. The hydraulic valve working with just minor leaks is what I've been waiting for, now its my turn to copy your build and build my own for the l2350 I have under way.

Thanks Earl
Old 07-05-2014, 07:45 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Yes the valve seems to work OK with no leaks now that I used some loctite between the halves. I could have machined grooves for O rings around each valve and that would have been better but I was lazy.

Any chance you will be taking the ferry ride over to the island next weekend to attend the Atique truck show with us Earl?

Lets see some pictures of your build!

Reg
Old 07-14-2014, 01:31 AM
Apprentice

DADSGARAGE is on a distinguished road

Another great build!!! Watched the vids earlier today....NICE.....
You need better foam in the tires if you're going to always haul those big logs around...LOL...again nice job man well done!!!
KP
Old 07-17-2014, 05:20 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Thanks KP. It needs some work but I'm happy to finally see it fully functional. I put some foam in since the videos and there's no more flattened out tires now!lol
Old 11-10-2014, 08:29 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

I have been waiting for some motors to be in stock at the Robot Shop for months. They are supplied by Servocity and I could have bought them there but for some reason their shipping to Canada is really expensive. Anyway, a while back I made an order from RS and they had 1 in stock. I need 2 motors but I thought 1 was better than none so I bought it to try. Here are the results of changing the motor....http://youtu.be/LtbxUR9raN0... I guess I will order another but I'm not sure how useful it will be. Maybe I should glue the rear tires first...
Old 11-10-2014, 10:53 PM
Apprentice

jack van is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCP57 View Post
I've been somewhat reluctant to post this build because it has already been done by others(greatly I might add) and I kinda feel like I'm being a copy cat but I like the machine so here it goes... 1/10th again... Tigercat 630D...

Two brand new griders were destroyed for this build...RIP
Just because it has been done before is not important granted i have built only 1 model a king hauler which everyone has built more than once i still like to see other builds because everyone may show different parts of a build and maybe a different way to do something and the biggest plus is i just love to see talented people doing something they love that is awsome
Old 12-06-2014, 01:43 AM
Snowman3725

No such thing as a copy cat. Each machine is hand built and unique to each builder. Big fan of Tigercats, wish they got more recognition
Old 12-07-2014, 12:06 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Thanks guys. This build was a real challenge for me. Not in the sense that the pieces were too hard to make but I just struggled to stay working on it. I lost interest in it many times because I was too lazy (and afraid) to make the cylinders. Once I actually put my fear aside it was fine and I'm so happy that it is finally functional! It still needs some tweaking for sure but I don't think there are too many 1/10 hydraulic grapple skidders out there so that makes it unique.