RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment

Construction Equipment If it digs, pushes, hauls dirt "off road" post it here.

Old 12-01-2016, 06:57 AM
Apprentice

D8R is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Hayes HD Dump Truck - Take II

http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/...psglkhmn66.jpg

Those clamps, are they used when welding? Where can I find those, never seen something like that before.
Dan
Old 12-01-2016, 08:36 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

RCP57 is on a distinguished road

Yes Dan, they are called Cleco clamps. They work well and are fairly cheap. Just don't get them too hot.
Old 03-25-2017, 10:58 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

I've had this one on the bench over the last few days as I try to get a little progress made on several different projects. A few weekends ago I spent a day and a half making a scissor lift for the bed using a P16 actuator. It worked OK up to about 8# but struggled to do more so I tossed it aside. I have been trying to avoid using a screwdrive in this thing but I finally gave in and went with what I know. Unlike any other I've built over the last 3+ years, this one is in the truck chassis. It has roughly 18# of lead acid batteries in the back and dumps it with ease. I wanted to keep the dummy lift cylinders and prop rod as symmetrical as possible when the bed was up in an effort to draw less attention to the prop rod itself. Some careful "eyeball" measuring of the prop rod length took care of that.lol The truck will be yellow so I'll have to decide what color looks the least noticeable on the prop rod(yellow or black). I'm happy to have this step done as it was the last major hurdle to get over. I will wire up and mount some limit switches, then I can get on with the final details and have this ready for paint when the weather warms up!

Dump test video... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvS2CI2OUDM

Reg
Old 08-06-2017, 09:59 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

It's been a few months again but it's time to finish this up so I've been putting in some hours over the last few days. Most of the major building was finished when I last left off but there were a lot of details to add. I have a lot to do yet but the last three days have been productive for making tiny "one off" parts.

I started out by making some roof lights. I needed Arrow 39's for this truck and as far as I know they are not available so some hand filing was needed after some basic machining... I also turned a horn in the lathe while I was at it.

Next up was to cut the amber plexi for the side makers and machine a tow pin for the front bumper...

Added mirrors and trimmed the exhaust tip.

Then I made up a shovel and mounted it to the bed along with the axe I made months ago.

Finally I moved to the rear where I added a tow pin, brake booster pods and a pair of Russ's tail light bezels. Oh, and mudflaps too!

There are still a few little things to do but I hope to have it ready for paint this coming week...