RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Kings of the Road > Highway Trucks and Trailers

Highway Trucks and Trailers On road trucks and trailers single and twin axle trucks.

Old 03-12-2012, 11:17 AM
CEO of bend over motors."WE DRIVE IT HOME!"

spudd has a spectacular aura aboutspudd has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Classy Shak

Mike that thing just gets better looking all the time!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RIP FREDDYGEARDRIVE
Old 03-12-2012, 12:20 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

TRUCKMAKER is on a distinguished road

Dreamweaver try this link, if the first three items don't work for you keep searching the site and I beleive they have 3 other sites. Just google Du-bro. I understand what you want and you should be able to find it on this site.
http://shop.dubro.com/products/categ...161.5186.0.0.0

I buillt a lot of RC planes.

Last edited by TRUCKMAKER; 03-12-2012 at 12:21 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 03-12-2012, 12:26 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

TRUCKMAKER is on a distinguished road

By the way Dreamweaver thanks for rattling the brain now I know how I'm going to set up my 5th wheel latch and lift axle control!!

Thanks again,
Kent
Old 03-12-2012, 10:00 PM
Weaver Of Dreams

Dreamweaver will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian in PA View Post
Looks good Mike! the tank straps are off the hook!!
Thanks Brian. I got the other straps the other day just have not been home to finish them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cossett View Post
Mike here is a couple of quick pic's till I can get her opened up , but the push rod has two Z on ether end one has a ball join going thought the turn table base plate to the locking arm and then the other end with a z on it goes thought a servo horn ( note the push rod runs under the cross member/s not through them), the micro servo is running parallel to the chassis with a adaptor plate I made to suit the location of the mount.. (I have my servo under the sleeper to keep the back nice and clean)

Thanks Tracy.. I was driving along today and just out of the blue the idea came to me. I will be doing something similar. I figured what I could do is make something similar to the bell crank they make for the steering on the scania's. I can make it out of brass and solder the outer tube into the fifth wheel mount then it would just be a little push rod from the bell crank to the jaws. Move the ball on the jaws from the stock location to where the spring mounts. Then run a push rod from the under side of the bell crank forward to the servo shaft sticking down through the sleeper floor.

Think that will work?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mike "DREAMWEAVER" Johnson

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11

Rims and Tanks by ihbuilder / Grill and Visor by Brian in PA / Mirrors, Front and Rear Bumper, Back of Cab Lights, and Steering Arms by tc1cat / Fenders by Stylin n Profilin / Frame Rails by The Late Freddy Gear Drive
Old 03-21-2012, 08:24 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Espeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura about

Mike, I had to drag this back up! I hadn't been keeping up with your latest updates, but the truck is looking super fantastic! The grille is perfect. I love the Pete oval style material you have behind it, and in the air cleaners. I was going to do some trading with Steve, for a set of his air breathers. The whole truck is awesome. Think you're going to sand off the ribs on the hood and put some new ones on to fix the off center problem? Also, I don't know if I missed it, but I was wondering what you've got going with the brass rod, running along the sleeper, ahem, I mean shack floor? Looks like a servo actuating rod for the 5th wheel release, or something?

Last edited by Espeefan; 03-21-2012 at 11:38 PM. Reason: Just for fun.
Old 03-21-2012, 08:43 PM
Weaver Of Dreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espeefan View Post
Mike, I had to drag this back up! I hadn't been keeping up with your latest updates, but the truck is looking super fantastic! The grille is perfect. I love the Pete oval style material you have behind it, and in the air cleaners. Mind if I ask where you found that material? I was just curious. I was going to do some trading with Steve, for a set of his air breathers. The whole truck is awesome. Think you're going to sand off the ribs on the hood and put some new ones on to fix the off center problem?
Thanks Nate. I have not made up my mind on fixing the center section yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espeefan View Post
Also, I don't know if I missed it, but I was wondering what you've got going with the brass rod, running along the sleeper, ahem, I mean shack floor? Looks like a servo actuating rod for the 5th wheel release, or something?
Do you mean the rod in this picture.

If so. This is the release levers for the sleeper so that I can get into the electronics. If you look in the picture below you will see the rod where it comes out the back of the sleeper. You pull on that and it moves four dogs that hold the sleeper shell on for access.

Rims and Tanks by ihbuilder / Grill and Visor by Brian in PA / Mirrors, Front and Rear Bumper, Back of Cab Lights, and Steering Arms by tc1cat / Fenders by Stylin n Profilin / Frame Rails by The Late Freddy Gear Drive
Old 03-21-2012, 11:40 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Espeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura about

Cool, Mike. I understand the linkage now. Genius.
Old 03-31-2012, 08:12 AM
Dairyland trucker's right hand man.

dabears is on a distinguished road

WOW this build is Fantastic!!! Ill be interested in learning how you wire up all the lights!!! Your building skills are top notch!!! Whats your turn radius going to be on it? I love the way you make a release for the sleeper (i mean mini condo) what size brass rods are those? I cant wait to see this thing with some color on it!
Old 03-31-2012, 08:48 PM
Weaver Of Dreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears View Post
WOW this build is Fantastic!!! Ill be interested in learning how you wire up all the lights!!! Your building skills are top notch!!! Whats your turn radius going to be on it? I love the way you make a release for the sleeper (i mean mini condo) what size brass rods are those? I cant wait to see this thing with some color on it!
Thanks.

Lights will be in series of five. I don't know but it's HUGE. the rod is .072

Old 03-31-2012, 09:14 PM

Mrfish55 is on a distinguished road

Wow and I thought I was going overboard with details on mine, have you given any thought to fiber optic for all the lights? Might be easier than installing that many LEDs
Old 04-01-2012, 08:19 PM
Weaver Of Dreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrfish55 View Post
Wow and I thought I was going overboad with details on mine, have you given any thought to fiber optic for all the lights? Might be easier than installing that many LEDs

Yes I have, to get the size light I need the fiber would have to be to big to big to bend in the space provided. and second I would not get the light pattern because the light would go straight out.

I have used fiber extensively for the head lights on my trains and I was able to put a slight bevel on the smaller fiber which helped a little but not much.

I am after the look of a 3" glass watermelon lens which I can easily achieve with the LED's.

Old 04-06-2012, 02:55 PM
Green Horn

Dairyland Trucker is an unknown quantity at this point

Can't wait till move in day that bunk is bigger than my first house LOL!!!!!
Old 05-02-2012, 12:24 PM
Apprentice

SWAGGER is on a distinguished road

So Dreamweaver, how is the most epic build of all time coming on?
Old 05-02-2012, 09:47 PM
Weaver Of Dreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWAGGER View Post
So Dreamweaver, how is the most epic build of all time coming on?

SLOW... it's spring time which equals "NO TIME"

Old 05-03-2012, 06:48 AM

DuelTruckDriver is on a distinguished road

Mike, just like SWAGGER said this is truly an epic build! My hats off to you for making all the working pieces on this build. Man all the many many hours of fab. work has really paid off it looks amazing. >Marty<
Old 05-04-2012, 02:19 AM
Weaver Of Dreams

Got an email from Lynn (tc1cat) today. He got the steering servo in the motor and its on it way....

COOL, CAN'T WAIT

Old 05-04-2012, 10:42 AM
Apprentice

SWAGGER is on a distinguished road

Ah sweet, I have heard of this, but yet to see it. So sitting here patiently......ahem....yeah right....I can't wait to see this!!
Old 05-06-2012, 03:51 PM

KW_W900L is on a distinguished road

hey dreamweaver, after looking at the center hood strip, my Dad was looking at the truck too(he thought it was amazing) he suggested that you could put a stainless strip like you could get at peterbilt to cover the current one. anyways the truck looks like its coming along well and it just keeps getting better and better! hope to see updates in the near future
Old 05-09-2012, 01:48 AM
Weaver Of Dreams

Well got to drop by the house tonight for a quick shower and found that I had a package waiting for me from Lynn.

So here ya go.. One C-15 with the steering servo inside.

Did not have any time to do anything but take pictures.

Old 05-09-2012, 09:51 AM
Dairyland trucker's right hand man.

dabears is on a distinguished road

Wow that is cool! I'm assuming it's a mini servo? What are the demensions of the motor?