RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment > Construction Companies & Worksites

Old 12-21-2014, 05:08 PM

headers is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Great Dane excavating co.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
Thank you!! Hey who's cat articulated dump truck do you have? I see it in the background on your kat thread. I would love to get or build one of them!!

While I wait on my wife's Christmas present from premacon to be delivered I decided to try and make new drive wheel inserts for the dumptruck. Hey if the wife doesn't like her Xmas present from premacon I'm not going to send it back or have her exchange it, I'll use it!!! Done that before too!. (Yea I don't know why she says she loves me ? ) anyway, I want the front wheels to be a touch wider stance, like maybe 1/8 or 3/16 wider each side. The axle I have is just a touch narrower than stock tamiya.

It's mine Cooper I got both the 740 and 966
Old 12-21-2014, 05:40 PM
Apprentice

jack van is on a distinguished road

lol i think if your still married to the plaintiff after that personal presant she gave you a great presant by not getting a divorce lol
Old 12-21-2014, 05:42 PM
Apprentice

jack van is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I'll get some pics on the progress of the underside of hood. It's 1/4" thick shell. And I "thought" having it in print would be irrefutable proof of my sincerity. Yea, that went over like a lead balloon!!! Reminds me of an earlier years present, she (from now on referred to as plaintiff ) was quoted as requesting a more personal present. Tires, dog food, soap were not cutting it anymore. So I "thought " real hard and decided I would appease her (the plaintiff ) and get a more personal gift. Well I "the defendant" settled on a gift that would surly be more thoughtful and personal.
She "plaintiff " was excited when she saw the large gift wrapped superbly in shiny classy wrapping paper. Cut and folded as professionally gift wrapped. Excited and curious the plaintiff quickly and with great excitement sat down and started unwrapping what seamed to be a well thought of present for a deservingly loving wife as she was/is. But much to my surprise as the plaintiff opened the present and reviled a whole carton of toilet paper was when I the defendant began the actions of the accuser. Now after the initial confrontation had subsided between plaintiff and defendant (myself) I still could not think of a more "personal" present than toilet paper!! I even got the most fluffy kind I could find!! Now that's the irony of being a good listener and not thinking of yourself!!!
see my last message
Old 12-21-2014, 06:07 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Cooper is on a distinguished road

Lol!!

I ment to ask who manufactured it? Or did you make both from scratch?
Old 12-21-2014, 08:59 PM

headers is on a distinguished road

They are from wedico
Old 12-23-2014, 02:27 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Got something done!! I almost forgot that some parts are easier to make than others,,, I printed the new wheel hubs. I haven't cleaned them up yet but I made a few with different widths to choose from.

I know it's not much but they are a bit more offset.

And got some Mario feed,,,

Some scrap aluminum handrail pieces I can use and the power supply I hope I can use. It's a transformer for low voltage lighting, outputs 12volts.
Old 12-23-2014, 02:56 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

RCP57 is on a distinguished road

Hey what the... Did you come here last night and steal those hand rail pieces? I better go check because I had the exact looking pieces behind my shop yesterday...lol The best hoarders think alike hey?haha!

I like the hubs! Thanks for 3D printing them. Now I wish I had my own printer even more! Jerk!

I see you changed out the front tires too. Did you have trouble with the first set coming off the rims? I have a set of those and they are poop as far as I'm concerned. They look great but don't fit the bead!
Old 12-23-2014, 03:09 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCP57 View Post
Hey what the... Did you come here last night and steal those hand rail pieces? I better go check because I had the exact looking pieces behind my shop yesterday...lol The best hoarders think alike hey?haha!

I like the hubs! Thanks for 3D printing them. Now I wish I had my own printer even more! Jerk!

I see you changed out the front tires too. Did you have trouble with the first set coming off the rims? I have a set of those and they are poop as far as I'm concerned. They look great but don't fit the bead!
I warned you ahead of time , and time and time again that I was going to stop by when your not home!! Better check out back

Lol!! Sometimes I look at some parts that need made or fixing and cringe at how to machine them or how to set up the parts for machining. Then I realize how easy it is to design them on the computer and in a few min (45 min) have them in hand without cleaning up chips!! Love it!! And am realizing not everything needs to be made of metal. The abs is pretty strong stuff, same as Lego blocks.

And yea tires are the perfect look but just not cutting it for work. Even with the foam which is pretty soft stuff I had some issues of rolling. Plus the added width reduced my turning radius by hitting sooner on leaf springs. It's not that much but a little bit helps. I don't like how the tires on now look like those spare doughnut tires compared to the wides but function wins over fashion for me. I even got bead lock wheels but they were even more narrow than the steel wheels I have on now. Ugg, oh well my collection of spare parts grows
Old 12-23-2014, 05:16 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Supermario is on a distinguished road

No...No....No!!!

Here's the plan Ralph. We both go visit Reg at the same time. You ride motorcross bikes with him while I load up the goods!

we split the goods like this..... you get the kenworth and trailer but ill take the hoe , skidder and the 955K.... that still leaves him with a few toys atleast...
Hmmm, I almost forgot about the old Euclid! I sure could use that in the pit! lol

Man! that treadmill material is looking real good! not too thick but real strong. Does it stretch much?

Last edited by Supermario; 12-23-2014 at 05:18 PM.
Old 12-23-2014, 06:59 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermario View Post
No...No....No!!!

Here's the plan Ralph. We both go visit Reg at the same time. You ride motorcross bikes with him while I load up the goods!

we split the goods like this..... you get the kenworth and trailer but ill take the hoe , skidder and the 955K.... that still leaves him with a few toys atleast...
Hmmm, I almost forgot about the old Euclid! I sure could use that in the pit! lol

Man! that treadmill material is looking real good! not too thick but real strong. Does it stretch much?
Now that sound like a plan (but I want the dozers too). The treadmill belt, I don't know how much use it had but seems good yet. As far a stretching, none. I cut one strip 3-7/8 wide. Could get three more strips. I really only need one more. The belt has like a felt/Kevlar backing. Mario if you want I'll ship you up a 4" belt.
Old 12-23-2014, 08:36 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

It sounds like you guys have this all figured out....I think I know how to botch Mario's side of the plan though...He just needs to get a look at my 2015 calender and he will forget why he was there.... Come to think of it, all three of us might forget why we are there.
Old 12-23-2014, 10:14 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

From the great philosopher David lee Roth " girls girls girls " that calendar?
Old 12-23-2014, 10:54 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
From the great philosopher David lee Roth " girls girls girls " that calendar?
I think that's Motley Crue but yes!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-23-2014, 11:57 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Lol!! I can't even get that right!!!! Guess it's proof that I never read and only look at the pics!!!!! .
Old 12-24-2014, 12:43 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

doodlebug is on a distinguished road

Yah, but "He's just a gigolo"!
Cheers, Neil.
Old 12-24-2014, 01:03 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Lol!! I can't even get that right!!!! Guess it's proof that I never read and only look at the pics!!!!! .
It's OK. You were just thinking of his remake of Californian Girls....I know that's the first thing that pops into my head when I hear anything about David Lee Roth!lol
Old 12-26-2014, 03:08 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Here ya go reg some more thought about 3d parts!! So far the only thing I think I have to buy or bought will be the angle iron, didn't have enough for the length. And motor. Speaking of motor , what speed should a conveyor be running at? 100rpm? 75? Everything I have runs like 1200 and up. I don't know if I should go the gear head reduction motor or chain/belt reduction drive. So give me some idea of what target speed I should be looking into. I don't know (yet) if I'm going the rc rout or going to a dial hard wired. Probably going to be shore powered so it may be hand dial for speed increase/decrease. I'm planning on moving about 2yards of cracker dust/ screenings to level under a 14 by 40 deck. Will be the perfect job for the rc stuff. And am planning on making two of these conveyors. Maybe 3, still have to get to post office yet Mario . Xmas presents lol!!

And trying to keep it simple, the rollers are loose on shafts that just slide together. The middle shaft cannot come out when the side roller shafts/rollers are installed. I don't know how long things will hold up but acetal rollers on steel shafts should hold up pretty long. At least for a good bit of my use. If rollers rub on sides of housing I could always throw in some thin bushing/washers, the plastic kind.
Old 12-26-2014, 09:51 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Well I thought after Christmas I would have a peaceful, eat lots of leftovers, uneventful , uninterrupted , casual, couple days to myself. My wife has gone to her grams house about hour away till Sunday, leaving me to myself. So far I have made three trips to folks house, once to drop off a generic pair of nut crackers my dad wanted! , only to find out he remembered he gave me them years ago and the ones he had were not as good!! Yea, he wasn't even eating shelled nuts!!! The dogs will not stop harassing me as wife is not here to coddle them!!! Had one work call, and I keep running into design issues with the conveyor!!

I originally thought 8 sets of rollers would be good but once visualizing it I realize I need twice as many.

And twice as many holes to tap!!
Old 12-26-2014, 10:01 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Here reg, some old pics of amateur days. It's working towards Mario's plan, I'll go ridding with you while Mario fills up the box van!!!

Lol!! They were the days!!!

And just for some of the animals lovers, Mr john D. Deer, he is a bit creepy, he resides in our bathroom, always looks down on you when you are looking up at him!!!

Old 12-26-2014, 10:15 PM
Journeyman

Mikem is on a distinguished road

Is the rest of him on the other side of the wall ? With a squirrel running around on his back and a dog checking his identity ? Happy new Year Mike