RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment

Construction Equipment If it digs, pushes, hauls dirt "off road" post it here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-01-2016, 08:20 PM

RexRacer19 is on a distinguished road
Default 3D Printed CAT 963K Track Loader w/Raspberry Pi Control

This is my first construction equipment build. It is inspired by JDH429's awesome D10 3D printed build, SteinHDan's Raspberry Pi controlled projects, and my interest in track loaders in general.

I decided to go with the newest CAT 963K loader for this project. I have not seen any RC versions up to this point. The scale will be 1:14.

I am using Solidworks to do all of the 3D modeling for this project. A 2-view image was used to create a scale reference in the software. The image is scaled to the overall height of the 963K and then most dimensions, outlines, angles etc., can be pulled from that to create parts. It has worked really well so far.

So far most of my time has been spent creating the solid models. I have the undercarriage mostly done, along with the tracks. The main frame/tub of the loader is still in basic form with a lot of the detail still needing to be added. The bucket and loader arm assembly is nearly done, with only a few details left to add. Here are some screenshots of the CAD work so far:

Progress has been a little slow in the last couple of weeks because of work, but hopefully I can get back on it and make some headway again soon.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.