RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment

Construction Equipment If it digs, pushes, hauls dirt "off road" post it here.

Old 04-14-2014, 07:02 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Cooper is on a distinguished road
Default Re: First build ,cat D11

Oh and I used some grommets from my favorite (if u need a tool cheep to work a few times) store , harbor freight. Cut them in half , they will make great trim pieces from metal to part.
Old 04-16-2014, 11:49 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

First coat on the steel parts. Have to get some more self etching primer for the alum stuff. I'm going to try and get the painting stuff out of the way before I hook all the hydraulics up. I'm pretty confident I have all the hoses and wiring routed so no more machineing should be necessary. Just hone and polish cylinders and the wiring. But it's always the little things that take the longest. Like I found out from test running that I need a tad bit more clearance for the wheels.
Old 04-18-2014, 06:21 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Primed and first coat on.
Old 04-18-2014, 07:34 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Espeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura about

Cooper, your parts looks great all painted up. I was wondering what you are going to do for cab windows. Your first run video is great. The D11 does seem a little slow, but maybe you could bump the battery voltage up a bit and pick up some more speed. I don't think I'd worry about it to much, unless a little extra speed for reversing after a pushing a full blade forward and going back to do it again might be helpful.
Old 04-18-2014, 09:10 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Thanks, for the windows I'm going to use vinyl. I have a vinyl cutter so clean lines and any shape is no problem. Only problem is the color. If I keep the cab yellow then black windows. But I like the two tone cats, yellow with black cab and top of hood. If I go that way possibly grey?? I don't know how that will look. Haven't got that far yet but will have to look and see what color I have. Would hate to order a whole roll for just six inches. I do have a masking vinyl that is a little transparent and grey. That may work. I'll post some ideas as I go.
Old 04-19-2014, 04:51 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Old 04-19-2014, 04:56 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Question, it's pretty oblivious to me but just wanted to be sure. On the cylinders, for the hose fittings to properly seal should I machine a flat spot where the threads are? I'm thinking with the plastic sealing ring on the fittings they will need to have a clean flat surface to seal properly. Correct? I'm onto finishing up with the hydraulics and clarifying all those little details that seem to drag on a build.
Old 04-19-2014, 05:26 PM
Fabrication and design , super moderator

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
Question, it's pretty oblivious to me but just wanted to be sure. On the cylinders, for the hose fittings to properly seal should I machine a flat spot where the threads are? I'm thinking with the plastic sealing ring on the fittings they will need to have a clean flat surface to seal properly. Correct? I'm onto finishing up with the hydraulics and clarifying all those little details that seem to drag on a build.
yes, then put a lil thread sealant on the threads and you should be good .

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 04-19-2014, 06:58 PM
Journeyman

Lmackattack is on a distinguished road

Looks great...I think you have a perfect scale speed. Can't wait to see how it looks with the new paint
Old 04-19-2014, 07:05 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

I did put a wrench to these, very light on the torque. Figured I didn't want to chance stripping and if they leak then I can tighten them easily.

These fitting are the ones in question. Beings how the cylinders are round I am thinking I need to have a flat mating surface for the elbow plastic sealing ring. I never messed with these small fittings and still not sure on sealing. My thoughts of having 120-140 psi pressure in the system I should have flat and as insurance some sort of sealing putty/paste. Like I said I ain't got a clue .

Thanks mackattack, I was just thinking a tad bit faster for duplicate passes for reversing speeds. But I'm happy with it and sounds like it from you guys that it's about right.
Old 04-19-2014, 07:10 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

And I still do have some lazyness in me . I'm using the bolts that were painted and replacing with unpainted ones where they can't be seen. Save me from having to paint the heads of bolts in another step . Eager to get her dirty!!!!
Old 04-19-2014, 07:11 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Forgot the pic
Old 04-19-2014, 08:29 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

RCP57 is on a distinguished road

Looks great! Like IH said, just machine a small flat for the washer and you're good to go! I haven't needed to use sealant on the threads but that may not be a bad idea as well.
Old 04-20-2014, 09:51 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

JAMMER is on a distinguished road

Cooper I see you had some teflon tape to seal with, do not use that for the hydraulics if it get in there it will gum them up. Ed
Old 04-20-2014, 03:29 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Espeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura about

Looking good, Cooper! The paint looks great under natural lighting. It must be pretty durable too. The hex head screws have no signs of chipping anywhere, unless you painted them after they were threaded in place?
Old 04-20-2014, 09:38 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Some parts I tried to paint as much together as possible. The paint is a couple days old but still not fully cured. I have been using dry powder graphite on parts that touch as a lubricant and to help keep the paint intact until fully cured. So if it looks dirty on the track parts that's just graphite powder.

And assembly is slow as some things need to be adjusted for the layer of paint. I tried to make certain areas loose tolerances as I've herd people say after paint the parts don't fit. I have to finish up the hydralic parts and paint them. Still waiting on radio. As I really don't want to do all that programming just to redo it when radio comes in.
Old 04-21-2014, 10:37 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

JAMMER is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: First build ,cat D11

Cooper you are coming along nicely no sense in rushing things now and making a mistake you have created a excellent model. Ed
Old 04-21-2014, 10:50 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Yes and thanks. Oil filter is one of the little things I need to get yet. I am remaking the hose fitting piece for the top of the blade lift cylinders so both black hoses come downward from top. It's still a bit before I get oil in the tank. All those little things,,,, it's like death from a thousand paper cuts!!!
Old 04-23-2014, 06:34 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

I got another order from premacon. I was wondering why it was taking so long. I recieved an order from them that I placed after this one. By the looks of it I think it got stuffed in the wheel well next to that little boy!! I know it's not premacons problem but I only got one container of oil (paid for two). That's in the trash somewhere I'm sure.

Does anyone know what kind of oil they use? Pretty thin I just don't know what weight oil it is, that I could buy locally.
Old 04-24-2014, 01:22 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Claus is on a distinguished road

What a thing of beauty! Paint really makes it come to life.