RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment > Construction Companies & Worksites

Old 04-17-2014, 02:19 AM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation
Default Re: Hauling Dirt out of my basement (present day)

Avel, they are quick disconnects, though I don't know what brand specifically. I told Frank (Fumotec) that I wanted some & this is what he sent. The fitting that connects the hose, a screw on compression.

"machine builder extraordinaire !!!" ...ahhh not really, I struggle & fumble through it & eventually get it working... but thanx for comment Bo.

Cheers Dean.

Thanx Lee. With this monster JD hoe I have now, there's not enough left here to keep it busy for much longer... so I work at it in moderation with about tenth the time per week/month than I did 5yrs ago. I should be able to drag it out another 3 yrs or so before I have to figure out a new project to do.

I learned about a new electrical device today
http://www.servonaut.de/shop/product...onaut-mfr.html

It turns out that Frank had sent one with the 490 for slew motor control, so I was able to rob it from there to get the steering pot to work on the B4206 steering actuator... took a bit of time to figure out how to program it correctly & wire it up with no English instructions, but Frank took the time to do some translating for me.

The way I had it wired in previous pics was the steering motor connected directly to an esc, which meant I would have to be extremely careful not to hold left or right on the tx stick too long b/c there be no stopping the powerful motor & damage would happen... definitely nobody but me would ever be able to run this model having it this way!

So now with this MFR device & it programmed to servo electronic, wherever I hold the stick on the tx, the gearhead motor will turn the steering gear/lever arm to that position & stop. It works exactly like a servo.

I've never had a small servo apart before to modify for 360 rotation.... so I would assume this is the enlarged version of a regular servo.

Jumper on A, B - turn pot screw all the way right so green light blinks 4x for Servo Electronic. Pull jumper before turning off power to finish setting & it will hold there.

All the left way is 1 blink, about 11 o'clock is 2 blinks & 1 o'clock is 3 blinks.

Lead from potential meter pot is plugged into C,D,E on MFR

Anyways, I had to gut everything out of the nose to get the steering actuator out & release the set screws on steering gear incase I had a run away on initial start-up... now I put it all back together & re-organize the electronics to put them somewhere else rather than between the moving parts of pump & steering actuator.

Joe
Old 04-17-2014, 10:21 PM
Green Horn

Dieselchopper is on a distinguished road

Looks good!!
Old 04-17-2014, 11:52 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

doodlebug is on a distinguished road

Hey Joe, that's a neat product! Glad to see progress on the scraper tractor.
Cheer's, Neil.
Old 04-18-2014, 10:52 AM

mog is on a distinguished road

very nice work on the new toy joe. glad to see your still working hard and getting lost done. my big toys have bean keeping my time used up got a new but still old 922 loader to help build a shop this year. but i still got ideas floating around up there.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 04-20-2014, 08:16 PM
BANNED

A howling wind outside today & about 10C, but that didn't stop me from having some fun out in my workshop flat topping the 1st of two piles of dirt in the back.

I didn't do much grade work on the backside of the pile, but gravity will help the B4206 climb down it.

I got a 20 min vid uploading right now showing what the lil Stahl dozer did the last couple hrs... now I'm going back out to shiver some more to put the B4206 to work, till it gets too dark & really cold.

Joe
Old 04-20-2014, 10:58 PM
BANNED

Well it got dark, and I broke the swivel hitch on the pan, gotta make another a lil more beefy... running the tractor/pan was a lot trickier than I imagined.. although it helped it a lot when I turned the throttle EPA down to 50%.

Here's the dozer vid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzS1ExzNars

Joe
Old 04-21-2014, 02:11 AM
BANNED

And here's the B4206's 1st day on the job with the pan in tow...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wh4vP9JK6Yk

Tomorrow I'm bringing the JD850 out here with the adt & I might change the quick connects on the 10th scale pan to pull behind the 4206... it has a monster box that's better than double the one above...I'll try filling it with the 4206, but will mostly load with it the 850 for fast turn arounds.

Joe
Old 04-21-2014, 03:32 AM
Green Horn

buzzy16 is on a distinguished road

it's amazing seeing all your machines working, everytime I look through this thread makes me want to win the lotto more and more haha
Old 04-21-2014, 04:34 AM

Trackerman is on a distinguished road

Joe,
Amazing scraper, really looks good at work.

Cheers

Paul
Old 04-21-2014, 06:50 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Bo Wallen is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: Hauling Dirt out of my basement (present day)

Hey Joe The B4206's 1st day on the job Is a Grand Success ;o) Hope you got a fur coat on.
Old 04-21-2014, 12:15 PM
BANNED

I hear ya about the lotto Buzzy, if I won then I could enjoy the sunny warm days of summer with these, instead of just cooped up inside with them during the cold winter.

Thanx Paul & Bo, the 4206 worked every bit as good I was hoping it would, but I see a few things I need to change to make it work better yet... plus all the lil details to finish the model.

What a beautiful morning here, still just above 10C, but no wind & brite sunshine made it perfect.

I reminded myself just what an extremely tight fit this 850 is to get through the window...

I had to dig a hole just to get the boom low enough to clear the opening

With just mm's to clear the exhaust stack, I put the bucket back on to keep the hoe level till I was completely outside!

Off to do my Spring work

It took about an hour to go about 40m of travel, but what a relief that I didn't have to carry that big b***h up the stairs! The wooden ramps sure were creaking & sagging all the way up the wall.

Joe
Old 04-21-2014, 02:07 PM
Craftsman

modelman is on a distinguished road

More great videos joe-I noticed you had some heat going in the work area. That should help. That small dozer seems to do a good job. The ground looked really soft so I guess it was tricky to keep from getting stuck but it was moving the dirt well. The pan looked good too. I am assuming that the dozer is to slow pulling the pan. Traction seemed to be a problem for the wheel machine but you made it work. I guess you have a few months of work (or fun) moving all that dirt but you should have a great shop when you are finished. Nice job!!
Old 04-21-2014, 06:41 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Stuff is on a distinguished road

that pan tractor works awesome! keep her up!
Subscribe!!
My Facebook -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 04-22-2014, 12:05 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

doodlebug is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Giants View Post
And here's the B4206's 1st day on the job with the pan in tow...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wh4vP9JK6Yk

Tomorrow I'm bringing the JD850 out here with the adt & I might change the quick connects on the 10th scale pan to pull behind the 4206... it has a monster box that's better than double the one above...I'll try filling it with the 4206, but will mostly load with it the 850 for fast turn arounds.
Hey Joe, I forgot that I was trained on Clark 290M and Cat 830MB scraper tractors, http://classicdozers.files.wordpress...a_edited-1.jpg
http://www.heavyequipmentforums.com/...013-Cat-830-MB See post #1
Glad to see you're having fun in the new shop!
Cheers, Neil.
Old 04-22-2014, 12:56 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Espeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura about

The Bell 4206 is a cool machine. Looks like it needs some help pulling the scraper though. You should hire someone to run the dozer and give it a push from the rear.
Old 04-22-2014, 02:45 PM
Green Horn

FlyingBeagle is on a distinguished road

That is so cool, I would love to come run a push dozer for you, but Im not sure I could afford the gas for the daily commute to work.

Just a thought, If you are going to load the scraper with the excavator, why not pull both scrapers in tandem and split the hydraulics between the two. now that would really move some earth in a hurry.
Old 04-24-2014, 12:42 AM
BANNED

Tom, the dirt was a bit too moist & being the sub soil clay that came from my basement, very sticky & compacts quickly! I dumped those two piles in there late last fall with my small Massey FEL. That dirt is soaked up from 17inches of rainfall last summer/fall. The other pile is wetter yet, I think some snow had blown in melted into it during the winter.

The problem with using the dozer to pull a pan is you have to be so careful how sharp you turn at any given time, not to roll dirt into the links & bind them up. This subsoil clay packs in like cement. Even Joe's dozer, he had trouble with rock & clay in the track links at Cabin Fever in 2012 & had to take the tracks off to clean them a couple of times.

In the Flat Topping video, a few different times dirt fell from the cut wall with the right track too close getting dirt into track tensioner & links... now I gotta take that side apart & clean it to get it functioning properly again.

The weather has been crappy again today, must have got an inch overnight cause it sure was a soggy mess to get around today... so I spent the better part of the day out in the shop hauling dirt to the outer edges, sealing off the daylight & the cold draft! Both piles have less than half the dirt they did just a few days ago. The 850, the adt, the WA500 have been busy!

Thanx for the photos Neil, some kool iron to drool at... lucky you to have had the experience of running them.

Nathan, we will make that video if the fellas from the east side ever make it over or I get there next Fall for the model engineering show. I don't see it possible that I could operate two models at the same time, even with I changed the throttle back to no spring center... I don't think I want to make the dozer to push full throttle, over amp the motors & burn 'em up.. or the back of the scraper sliding up the dozer blade from pushing too hard.. or... gotta have two operators to do it right without a wreck!

FB, I could certainly T each function together & make it work, but rough guess, it would be better than 18 feet of tubing & six T's, which I don't have.

I just weighed that 10th scale pan, it's 44lbs! Add a heaping load of dirt?

I just gotta change the fittings on the 10scale pan to match the 4206, maybe tomorrow I'll see if the 4206 has enough weight within itself to pull that pan loaded,.. it's a wheeled drawbar pull, so there's no drawbar weight added to the 4206.

Joe
Old 04-24-2014, 11:49 PM
BANNED

So I tried to pull the 10th scale pan with the 4206 today... on the cement, no problem. But in the dirt it struggled to pull it empty! The tires on the pan are made from, I think it was delrin, it didn't want to roll in the soft ground. Loaded up, 4206 couldn't budge it... I had to push with my foot & push quite hard to get it to move.

Only the 10th scale dozer will ever pull that massive pan.

Joe
Old 04-25-2014, 12:23 AM

hvy 1ton is on a distinguished road

You need one of these for the Bell. http://www.bultequipment.com/PDF/Tit...-Wheel-Pan.pdf

Doubles need minimum of 4 circuits and 2 sequencing valves. The sequencing valve allows the apron and ejector to run off the same circuit. Otherwise both pans will try to load at the same time.
Old 04-25-2014, 01:06 AM
BANNED

KOOL!!! thanx for the posting the link hvy1ton, I got it bookmarked for future consideration of a project to do.

I have been pondering for some time about changing the hitch on the current pan I have to something like this, wondering how it might change the Bell's traction abilities to load the pan better and/or easier than a drawbar pull?

Joe