RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment

Construction Equipment If it digs, pushes, hauls dirt "off road" post it here.

Old 10-29-2011, 06:18 PM
Fabrication and design , super moderator

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Mack M75SX

while I had it apart to bolt up and make my bushings I snapped some better pics of the back piece ( I think ) when the power finally died and couldn't do any more

tamiya supper single with the wedico pete behind

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 10-29-2011, 09:55 PM

dirtpusher9 has a spectacular aura aboutdirtpusher9 has a spectacular aura about

Man Steve, you are stamping out some nice work. Still ready to see the pans done.
Old 10-30-2011, 04:34 AM

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtpusher9 View Post
Man Steve, you are stamping out some nice work. Still ready to see the pans done.
thanks Joe , The pans , I know I needed some time to rethink some things on it . I'll be back at them soon as I finish this mack .

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 10-30-2011, 07:17 PM

OK with the power still out I did some maintenace on the 9370 , STX and continued on the mack with what I could do , wire and thanks too a little verble help from OO on the esc she now moves via the radio now of course , night fall came to quick for a decent vid Soooooooo onother short crappy 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHn-J...er_profilepage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1mGT...er_profilepage

Old 10-30-2011, 11:24 PM
Journeyman

RCLogger will become famous soon enough

That truck will be a real dirt mover, what are you going to build to load that MONSTER !

greg
Old 10-31-2011, 06:06 PM

Greg ,I have a couple things planned

I did some more today and got a vid outside before dark steering is not hooked up yet , and having the center drive shaft slipping I need to redrill the set screws so I can put the hpi screw pins in . I can lock the diffs if needed .

http://youtu.be/B9lopqTIl7s

Old 11-01-2011, 03:10 PM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation

If you feel the open diffs aren't adequate, then try adding Shoo Goo to the differential, it works pretty good for limited slip without skidding much in a turn.

My KH 6x4 has the last axle locked, sometimes I peel the front tires with a load on. Freddy's red GL 6x4, I added Shoo Goo just to the last diff & it gets around as good as the KH.
Old 11-01-2011, 06:59 PM

Joe , I'm going to get the box on and fix the drive shaft sliping and see how it goes with a load on it . it's front heavy empty till you put 40-50 lbs in the box . I don't want it skiding on a ramp with a load of coal . the tires work good as duels but I think I'll need stiffer foam in the front . not only that I got a deformed bead that would never hold any bb's I don't have the walking beams right so I'm not getting good oscilation . I'm going to re make them in steel the right way with a little more detail to them

Old 11-05-2011, 10:04 PM

I took a few min. to tinker a little on the mack turns out I needed to shim the pinions . got the steering hooked up and ran a couple batteries through it . Empty , it did well , then I put about 50# of wet dirt in it and tried the hill the dang slipper clutch on the trany gotta go and It could use a litte mor reduction ( planetaries maybe Hmmm , I might attack that after Jan. cabin fever show ) here's a few pics of the body hing and top cylinder boss .

Old 11-06-2011, 09:32 PM

no vid again but It just ran its 1st coal job tonight 20 loads for 2/3 of a 55gal drum . worked well , no clutch slipping this time just a lousy formed front tire that kept coming off good thing I had a spare It still came off with the body totaly heaped ( 1.5 grain shovel full ) so I cut back to 1 . now to get it dumping on it's own . I need a loader now too

Old 11-06-2011, 11:36 PM
BANNED

Do you get a refund for that bad tire?

Difficult to shoot video when you're having too much fun, eh?
Old 11-07-2011, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Giants View Post
Do you get a refund for that bad tire?

Difficult to shoot video when you're having too much fun, eh?
I don't know Joe I could use it for another project and I'll just make bead locks for them . Yea , I'm working on a 990G or 988G monoboom since I have an extra set of wheels now to load it . Its in the cad design process now . The assembly might go quicker then doing it the way I did before .

Old 11-07-2011, 07:40 AM
Master A-Modeler

sneaky-pete is on a distinguished road

Wow Steve,this is going to be bad @ss when your done!
Old 11-13-2011, 08:08 PM

thanks Troy , I finaly got the bumper on started in on the detail Steps/railing I need a part out of some .625 plate and it fit into the scrap area of what I had that some boom pieces where to be made from . So I nested them altogether

990 boom

thanks for looking

Old 11-13-2011, 09:31 PM
Journeyman

RCLogger will become famous soon enough

Looks like a Cat 988 next ?

greg
Old 11-19-2011, 04:05 PM

tried to hual /unload my coal again but not worth the vid the dang thing is just too fast . I'm thinking 4 motors in the rear axles they're big enough . any how nuff cryin this is the idea behind the truck and loader
back my pickup to my bench and bridge to the upper section of the basement to unload my coal . some pics

looking in at the hopper for the furnace(55gal oil drum)

at my bench the unloading dock

I guess I'm just venting a little O by the way , any one wanna race this thing

Old 11-20-2011, 08:24 PM
Green Horn

JensR is on a distinguished road

Great setup for the haul road!
Although, as your resident health&safety expert, I urge you to install rails to prevent your beaut from plunging to death

About the speed: Can't you squeeze in a reduction gear box?
Your axles are sweet, wouldn't tear them apart.
Also, while my grader runs on wheel motors, a shaft drive is more realistic for most machines.

Good luck either way!
Old 11-20-2011, 10:03 PM
BANNED

I wouldn't discard your axle setup either Steve. What's the total ratio of your axles? To go with a motor at each wheel in this trk you'd "have to" power the front axle too or the rear tandem drives would push you straight!

I've been using this wdc twin motor setup for more then ten yrs with great success and add on the 4:1 Carson (pmd rip off) behind a Tamiya 3spd & it's a slow moving stump puller. This setup is so slow in my trks that I rarely use 1st gear. I think your tires are less than twice the diameter of mine?

pmd bought out wdc's remaining supply of twin motor cases, so you're stuck at buying it at his ripp off price! Will the twin motor from Tmaxx, is it? fit the the Tamiya some how? The wdc is not a direct bolt on either, but an adapter is not difficult to make. I'm pretty Willy has some of these Carson 4:1's at a fraction of the price & Willy fabbed up some aluminum cases too like the originals. I use the original case (plastic) in my 6x4 trks & mount the 4:1 directly to the trans. You've seen a pic before, haven't you?

I'd try that out before doing anything drastic! 1st gear should give you the precision driving you want loaded & 2nd or 3rd to haul azz back to your reserve pile.

I think the back of your pickup will be too small for your 990 to maneuver, you'll need a track hoe instead.
Old 11-20-2011, 10:25 PM

" I think the back of your pickup will be too small for your 990 to maneuver, you'll need a track hoe instead. "

Joe , Thats on the drawing board too I'm going to keep the rears , too much time and sweat went into them . I had a slipping pinion in the fwd axle only cause some dummy put the shims on the wrong side . I have to set my esc with the radio and maybe tweek it a little . The problem is no smooth opperation . the biggest PITA is the front tires rolling off the rims loaded (40 -50 Lbs tare weight ) . I going to try filling a set with silicone to see if that helps . Then I got to get these cylinders made .

Old 11-20-2011, 10:34 PM
BANNED

Silicone is mezzy!!! Try BB's to stiffen up the front tires.

Joe