RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment

Construction Equipment If it digs, pushes, hauls dirt "off road" post it here.

Old 11-20-2011, 10:45 PM
I'd rather be truckin'

Brian in PA will become famous soon enoughBrian in PA will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Mack M75SX

You have too much fun Steve!

Brian
Old 11-21-2011, 01:34 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Espeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura about

That's a nice 1 ton dually you have there, Steve. I like the direction your Mack is headed too. I have to echo what the others said. Keep the axles. They are really nice. I'd suggest you just find yourself one big and brawny gearmotor to use as the transmission. We could calculate a good ratio for you, based on tire size, motor selection, and the voltage you want to run. As long as we know the motor's RPM per volt, or Kv rating, and an idea of how fast you want this thing to go.
Old 11-21-2011, 09:57 PM
Fabrication and design , super moderator

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Giants View Post
Silicone is mezzy!!! Try BB's to stiffen up the front tires.
I'll have bb's all over the floor unlees I glue the bead . As soon as I turn loaded I roll the 1 tire right of . they look like they have 20psi of air in a tire that should have 100psi of air I got another plan , expasion joint for concrete slabs .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian in PA View Post
You have too much fun Steve!

Brian
isn't that the name of the game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espeefan View Post
That's a nice 1 ton dually you have there, Steve. I like the direction your Mack is headed too. I have to echo what the others said. Keep the axles. They are really nice. I'd suggest you just find yourself one big and brawny gearmotor to use as the transmission. We could calculate a good ratio for you, based on tire size, motor selection, and the voltage you want to run. As long as we know the motor's RPM per volt, or Kv rating, and an idea of how fast you want this thing to go.
thanks Nate , she's a work horse (bone stock) I got my speed issue taken care of . when I ran it the 1st time hauling 20 loads of coal it worked OK but I had a delay between fwd and rev . so I reprogramed the esc ( castle) to eliminate the delay . Also when I hooked it back up I desided to put the trotle on the throtle stick like evreyone else ( I know ) not realizing you have to reset the radio with the esc when you change parameters on the esc . now the bone head that put the shims in wrong on the fwd rear also did so on the rear rear so I'm getting there

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 12-18-2011, 10:32 PM

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough

couple weeks ago I tore the rears apart and re shimed them . I had to press a stel stop in the axle bore do to a change in direction since I machined the axle cassings I'm useing HPI savage ring and pinion assembly that has the shaft cups for the pin and ball shafts for independant suspension . well I machined the ID bore to keep them on not thinking the OD of the cups being close to the OD of the bearing . well I made my own axle shafts and eliminated the cups . So when I shimed up the diff and ran it a little the copper shims started working into the bore Now she'll pull like H@!! you can't put enough on it to stop it . Tonight I took a little time and mounted the oil tank and pump whille my wife helped pack up some orders to go in the mail tomorrow I also started on the cylinders a couple weeks ago . I did fix the front tire issue just added the foams from the distorted tires I have

thanks for lookin

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 12-19-2011, 01:05 AM
Journeyman

steamer will become famous soon enoughsteamer will become famous soon enough

Steve, Just think, a week today there's going to be a bunch of people layed off at the North Pole. Might be cheap labour to help you catch up with your projects.
Rob
Old 12-19-2011, 07:17 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

doodlebug is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Giants View Post
Silicone is mezzy!!! Try BB's to stiffen up the front tires.
It's not fun until you scratch your head, and find out there's silicone on your finger
LOL, Cheer's, Neil.
Old 12-19-2011, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steamer View Post
Steve, Just think, a week today there's going to be a bunch of people layed off at the North Pole. Might be cheap labour to help you catch up with your projects.
Rob
so , THAT'S where my help went

Old 12-20-2011, 10:01 AM
Wannabe

Snowman is on a distinguished road

My word what a BEAST!! Not seen anything like it before in the scale world. Nice detail with the mack logo on the hubs.

My Peterbilt build thread:
Old 12-21-2011, 10:40 AM

dsm4g63punk is on a distinguished road

I dont think anyone could imagine this turning out any better than it did! Its a scale masterpiece!
Old 01-01-2012, 10:27 PM

thanks , Nick , DSM

well I diverged from scale a little once again my attempt to a telescopic cylinder failed (for now ) So some quick engineering and design , I'm making up a different set up to get er going with what I have laying around . still milling the rest of the parts . Yesterday built my battery box and tidied up the wiring in the evening .

thaks for looking

Old 01-02-2012, 07:00 AM
Apprentice

D8R is on a distinguished road

Love those wheels aasseblies, those spoket front wheels and rear covesr with loggo, wow, wow!!
Dan
Old 01-02-2012, 08:11 AM

bigTdozer is on a distinguished road

Or the pans be runniNice job Steve I think you have the trucks down to a science.....can't wait to see this Mack up and running so when are we gonna get to see the td40 b up and workin?
Old 01-02-2012, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D8R View Post
Love those wheels aasseblies, those spoket front wheels and rear covesr with loggo, wow, wow!!
Dan
thanks Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigTdozer View Post
Or the pans be runniNice job Steve I think you have the trucks down to a science.....can't wait to see this Mack up and running so when are we gonna get to see the td40 b up and workin?
thanks , I get tied up running parts for the semi trucks any more or sometimes a small excavating job comes up . the plan is to get this running then in order ( could change) 990 loader , td40b , pan/s or 385cl cat with a mass boom .

I let the mill run all night and since all I had was a .125 em after my 4mm em took a dump , woke up with the rest of my parts done now to fit the cylinders I have laying around .

Old 01-02-2012, 09:55 AM
Green Horn

cabrover is on a distinguished road

Looking good Steve, cant wait to see this project take shape,and be dumping in March?
Old 01-02-2012, 10:02 AM

bigTdozer is on a distinguished road

Sorry I got that message messed up a lil dang phone
Old 01-04-2012, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabrover View Post
Looking good Steve, cant wait to see this project take shape,and be dumping in March?
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigTdozer View Post
Sorry I got that message messed up a lil dang phone
no prob big T

thanks Tim I think it'll be dumping before march

Had everything together except the right cylinders the 1's I have are nose mount so while programing last night I had a brain storm and woke this morn to the mack dumping piles of stone in the shop OK OK here's a vid the truck is a little jerky when steering with a load I'm thinking I need to put in an external bec .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPzRN...ature=youtu.be

Old 01-04-2012, 11:00 AM
I'd rather be truckin'

Brian in PA will become famous soon enoughBrian in PA will become famous soon enough

Works nice Steve! It sure has some speed behind it too!

Better make sure you tighten the lug nuts on that left rear wheel!
Old 01-04-2012, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian in PA View Post
Works nice Steve! It sure has some speed behind it too!

Better make sure you tighten the lug nuts on that left rear wheel!
the tire rolled off

Old 01-04-2012, 01:08 PM
Journeyman

steamer will become famous soon enoughsteamer will become famous soon enough

Evel Knievel at his finest. That truck looks like she'll jump for the Grand Canyon. Got the screw drive working good now steve, lots of power. That load of coal will just about fill the fire box of my big steamer. Your having too much fun!!!!!
Rob
Old 01-04-2012, 01:13 PM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation

I see what you mean about trying to keep the tires beaded.

The Beast is performing with stellor power, looking forward to slobbering over it next wkend.

Are you using a FM or 2.4 radio?

Joe