RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment

Construction Equipment If it digs, pushes, hauls dirt "off road" post it here.

Old 01-04-2012, 02:08 PM
Fabrication and design , super moderator

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Mack M75SX

Quote:
Originally Posted by steamer View Post
Evel Knievel at his finest. That truck looks like she'll jump for the Grand Canyon. Got the screw drive working good now steve, lots of power. That load of coal will just about fill the fire box of my big steamer. Your having too much fun!!!!!
Rob
yea plenty of power I'm still useng hydros I just went with the lift design on my IH4600 1:1 dump . no room for a screw drive with these rears . I also have 1 rear locked , so I might not need to redesign my walking beams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Giants View Post
I see what you mean about trying to keep the tires beaded.

The Beast is performing with stellor power, looking forward to slobbering over it next wkend.

Are you using a FM or 2.4 radio?
Joe , I'm using a DX8 ,I have all my models on it for now till I get more radios . I'm thinking of a DX10 for the 385 and kobelco blade runner . I may glue the tires after I paint or find /cast like tom did more scale looking 1's . These are too wide to begin with . I'm using a 645MG servo for steering , I think it's about all it can handle loaded . I think It's drawing all it can thus interrupting the motor ,IDK Now to get this loader running

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-04-2012, 06:17 PM
Craftsman

modelman is on a distinguished road

Truck looks really good steve-I like the way it bounces when loaded. Kinda like the real ones. Do you need me to make you some tires that will stay on the rims? Nice job.
Old 01-04-2012, 08:27 PM
Craftsman

Snochaser will become famous soon enoughSnochaser will become famous soon enough

Awesome, Awesome, Awesome!! You can see the torque, bout' does a wheelie. Great job Steve! What does it weigh as it stands now, how much do you thing the load weighed? I wanna try it, can I have a turn?

Ben
R.I.P. FGD

Work Hard, Play Hard!
Never Forget- 343
Old 01-04-2012, 10:32 PM
Journeyman

sparkycuda is on a distinguished road

Steve, you hit a home run with this bad-boy! It is large, but seems like plenty of power with the two motors, and acts like a real one - carries plenty of payload. It will look so much different when painted.

Want to see it first-hand sometime.

Ken
Old 01-05-2012, 09:00 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Tamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura aboutTamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura aboutTamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura about

Nice job steve that is a monster with tons of power to boot.. Can't wait to see it all finished in paint..

HI.. My name is Paul.. And.. I.. Have a Cabover Addiction.

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11 "LET IT EAT"
Like Us on Facebook "Corn Field Mafia"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-07-2012, 10:41 AM
It's a dry 115 degrees.

SonoranWraith is on a distinguished road

That looks just awesome. Slower would be more scale probably but sometimes its nice to be a little fast to get around. You need some solid tires for sure with those impressive loads!
Old 01-07-2012, 11:17 AM

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by modelman View Post
Truck looks really good steve-I like the way it bounces when loaded. Kinda like the real ones. Do you need me to make you some tires that will stay on the rims? Nice job.
thanks Tom , the tire should be narrower ( 1" wide ) to be within scale . But they work . I thought about glueing them after I get it painted (long way off yet ) I like the bounce too , it reminds me of the real 1's I use to watch waiting to get loaded at the quarry I seen them running in . those where m45's single axle . I think they scrapped them by now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snochaser View Post
Awesome, Awesome, Awesome!! You can see the torque, bout' does a wheelie. Great job Steve! What does it weigh as it stands now, how much do you thing the load weighed? I wanna try it, can I have a turn?

Ben
Ben , I put my 55# daughter in it last night and pulled her around like nothing . That was about all the 645mg steering servo could handle .

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkycuda View Post
Steve, you hit a home run with this bad-boy! It is large, but seems like plenty of power with the two motors, and acts like a real one - carries plenty of payload. It will look so much different when painted.

Want to see it first-hand sometime.

Ken
come to cabin fever next week end

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamiya Cowboy View Post
Nice job steve that is a monster with tons of power to boot.. Can't wait to see it all finished in paint..
thanks Paul , I wonder if we could have a different class in the truck pulls

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonoranWraith View Post
That looks just awesome. Slower would be more scale probably but sometimes its nice to be a little fast to get around. You need some solid tires for sure with those impressive loads!
thanks Matt , I can slow it down with the radio , I just got to be smother on the stick .

I finish up a few things and loaded her up for a move to it's 1st job next sat. to see how she'll hold up . See if I can burn the ums pump motor up (not really want to )

Old 01-07-2012, 11:39 AM

Gregg is on a distinguished road

Man, I love the Mack M series trucks. Some of the coolest Prime Movers I have ever seen are Mack M's. Jusy massive trucks.
Old 01-07-2012, 01:05 PM
Wannabe

Snowman is on a distinguished road

Looks cool getting hauled by your IH heavy hauler, killer combo!

My Peterbilt build thread:
Old 01-07-2012, 04:49 PM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation

What?! no video of it being hauled around?

Joe
Old 01-07-2012, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Giants View Post
What?! no video of it being hauled around?
I have 1 but it's hard on the eyes to see and it's dark again

Old 01-08-2012, 12:55 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Espeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura about

Dang Steve, you really need to buy a better camera! I know it cuts into your funds for tooling, but how are we ever going to fully appreciate the craftsmanship?
Old 01-26-2012, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espeefan View Post
Dang Steve, you really need to buy a better camera! I know it cuts into your funds for tooling, but how are we ever going to fully appreciate the craftsmanship?
I know Nate actually not , something else takes those funds and will for another 2 years I still got obligations to fullfill from when income was steady till '08' hit . It worked the best on sunday at cabin fever after I put in an external bec and started gluing the tires . I had to consentrate on feathering the throtle to keep the spinouts down . I meet a guy at the show who took the pic of the real 1 in the mack history book and knew of some of the smaller mseries in my area . He told me the M75's didn't like to steer just like the model . Someday , I'll be running out to NJ to see the real 1 in mack history book .

Old 01-26-2012, 08:54 PM
Green Horn

JensR is on a distinguished road

Awesome truck and great combo!

For the camera, you can put it onto a bean bag (which you can make yourself) or just something that is stable and a bit off the ground, like a few books or aluminium blocks , this prevents camera shake.
If you then use the self timer, it will be even sharper.
Also, for close shots, using the macro mode might be necessary to get sharp shots.
Old 01-31-2012, 07:50 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

9W Monighan will become famous soon enough9W Monighan will become famous soon enough

Here is a few history shots from where Stevie's M75 evolved.

Mack LVX

Model 1938 FC Chain drive
Old 01-31-2012, 08:30 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

RCP57 is on a distinguished road

By the looks of the Mack cab I would say that Euclid copied them as close as they could. It's like they had the same mother but different fathers.Haha.
Old 01-31-2012, 08:42 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

doodlebug is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCP57 View Post
By the looks of the Mack cab I would say that Euclid copied them as close as they could. It's like they had the same mother but different fathers.Haha.
They must had the same Milkman

Thank's for sharing Steve!

Cheer's, Neil.
Old 01-31-2012, 09:28 PM

thanks Steve , I'm trying to picture in my head where that pit is I heard the name of the co. somewhere . if you get on 209 from port carbon Pottsville head to Tamoqua Its like your driving through a trench . sometimes you can see some small drags working on the banks . all you see is the boom maybe a glimer of red/orange in the trees I've did some home excavations in those hills . 18% grade roads is the norm I'm wandering who really made the frames for those trucks . My dad worked for a co in 60's/70's (before I came in this messed up world ) that dug some of the fondation work at mack for the machines to make the rear axles on those trucks .I'm going to have to make a short trip to the mack histiric center someday , you up to it Scott ?

Old 02-25-2012, 04:15 PM

Maintenance day today then the barge came in with a load of coal that needed unloading Altough it was just a little barge (250 ton ) I changed the motors to 65t lathe motors , what a difference still got some kick in her in 2nd but 1st is a nice speed for workin in a crowded area . I had some probs up loading to y tube so I up loaded to PB for now when uploading to y-tube finally worked the batts died in the cam

coming out of the docks

dumping in the stock yard

starting to get a little wear in the body now

I'll get the vids on y-tube later tonight

I gotta learn how to edit vids now

Old 02-26-2012, 10:27 AM

Y-tube links

http://youtu.be/MvonJWxAPtU

http://youtu.be/vhS6QvMzXyQ