RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment

Construction Equipment If it digs, pushes, hauls dirt "off road" post it here.

Old 03-03-2011, 01:47 AM

Papy is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Mack M75SX

For those interested, you can dowload a good version for free on the stripmine equipment file forum....
Old 03-03-2011, 07:30 AM
Fabrication and design , super moderator

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough

thanks every one

Lou , that guys a joke he puts pics of the whole pub. on the bay , anyone could just copy it . I down loaded it for nothing right off the i - net .

Papy , I thought it might be there too , who do you go by on there ? I haven' t been on in awhile . As I get further along I'll have to post this over there .

I got my rear parts yesterday , now just some time on my lathe hopefully next wknd.

IHSteve

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 03-03-2011, 07:58 AM

Thumbs up Re: Mack M75SX

Steve, you are right about this !
All this business on the bay around these old brochures or specs sheets is simply crazy: 4 pages leaflets "offered" for 20, 30, 50$ or even more .....and if you read the small lines all down the description, you finally see it's not an original document but a simple copy !!!!

Now, back to the real things : I like the way your model turns, and I am amazed how fast you work.....I started an LRSVW one year ago and I haven't done more than you by the time !!!!

Will you use real hydraulics for the hoist or will you manage a mechanical system ?
Old 03-03-2011, 11:08 AM
Apprentice

kerst is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papy View Post
Steve, you are right about this !
All this business on the bay around these old brochures or specs sheets is simply crazy: 4 pages leaflets "offered" for 20, 30, 50$ or even more .....and if you read the small lines all down the description, you finally see it's not an original document but a simple copy !!!!

Now, back to the real things : I like the way your model turns, and I am amazed how fast you work.....I started an LRSVW one year ago and I haven't done more than you by the time !!!!

Will you use real hydraulics for the hoist or will you manage a mechanical system ?
Do you have drawings or other info about the LRSVW?
I think that is an amazing truck.

Kerst
Old 03-03-2011, 11:45 AM

I got virtually no documents about the LRVSW.....photos and some infos from the net. Made drawings by myself

I wouldn't want to go off-topic too much here, so PM me if you want the links to what I found
Old 03-03-2011, 12:25 PM

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough

Papy , you can put the links here , I'm actually interested in them to I like to keep as real as I can hydraulics

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 03-03-2011, 05:44 PM

OK. Here we go

some pictures + 2 pdf files with dimensions and various infos

3 artist drawings from original ads

winter 2007 issue of the bulldog magazine : read article from page 18 (you can probably goooogle the american version with imperial measurements....)

2 pictures

an article with some pictures

1/50 model

From all this, I could make my own scale drawings. They are probably not 100% accurate, but I think I captured the look of the truck not so bad. I may try to upload them here, but:
- they were only intended to give me some indications for the building, so they are not "industrial" drawings
- I still have to figure out how to convert them to a format that can be seen by everybody (made them on AutoCAD)
- all dimensions are in millimeters and the scale is not 1/14.5 but 1/14.285714.....

Ooops ! I forgot 2 things :
- thank you for the invitation in your topic
- good choice for the hydraulics will you use existing products or make them yourself ?

Last edited by Papy; 03-03-2011 at 05:49 PM.
Old 03-03-2011, 06:58 PM
Apprentice

kerst is on a distinguished road

Thanks a lot!

Kerst
Old 03-03-2011, 07:32 PM

Papy , no problem in your links is the pic for the M series I was looking for ( frame and suspension ) I got the right size chunk of aluminum to mill for the frame piece I'll be making the cylinders the pump , I'll see how the UMS pump works . If it does not have the nards , then I'll put mine in it .

IHSteve

Old 03-03-2011, 10:02 PM
The Man The Myth The Ledgen RUSS OF DA LOUD!

russisloud is on a distinguished road

holly big truck batman!

Old 03-03-2011, 11:01 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

doodlebug is on a distinguished road

Hey papy, is this any help for converting your files? Had to down load this to see some files on the Western Star website. Later, Neil#2 aka doodlebug.

http://www.3ds.com/products/draftsig...-cad-software/
Old 03-04-2011, 12:20 AM
Green Horn

Vanisle is on a distinguished road

Wow, great project. You're a machine.
Old 03-04-2011, 01:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihbuilder View Post
Papy , no problem in your links is the pic for the M series I was looking for ( frame and suspension ) I got the right size chunk of aluminum to mill for the frame piece I'll be making the cylinders the pump , I'll see how the UMS pump works . If it does not have the nards , then I'll put mine in it .

IHSteve
He, he !!!! I like the rugged I-shape frame and the walking beam type rear suspension

I have previously made drawings of the M45SX. Basically the same shape as the M75....if this helps, you can have them.

For the hydraulics, at 1250 psi the pressure of the original Heil hoist system is very low compared to modern systems. In model form, this pressure could probably be reached by one of these fuel pumps for RC cars, just using a stronger motor or even with a windshield washer pump.

By the way, the pump of the Wedico #294 kit is nearly exactly set at the correct pressure (6 bars = 85 psi --> 85 psi x 14.5 = 1232 psi).

Another possibility : topsflo pumps. Not tested though.........

Last edited by Papy; 03-04-2011 at 01:48 AM.
Old 03-04-2011, 01:43 AM

Thumbs up Re: Mack M75SX

Quote:
Originally Posted by doodlebug View Post
Hey papy, is this any help for converting your files? Had to down load this to see some files on the Western Star website. Later, Neil#2 aka doodlebug.

http://www.3ds.com/products/draftsig...-cad-software/
Well, I already use a CAD software, but this one could be used by other people to open my files. Good find ! Thanks
Old 03-04-2011, 10:42 AM
Craftsman

modelman is on a distinguished road

Ihbuilder-I've been watching this build with great interest. That must be a big truck to hold that shovel full of coal.
Old 03-04-2011, 07:24 PM
Journeyman

Bigrigger is on a distinguished road

Looking good Steve! Keep it coming! Awesome Mack!
Old 03-04-2011, 08:42 PM
Weaver Of Dreams

Dreamweaver will become famous soon enough

I think truth be known, the reason Steve is building this truck is so he has something to haul off the shavings from making all those rims.

Mike "DREAMWEAVER" Johnson

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11

Rims and Tanks by ihbuilder / Grill and Visor by Brian in PA / Mirrors, Front and Rear Bumper, Back of Cab Lights, and Steering Arms by tc1cat / Fenders by Stylin n Profilin / Frame Rails by The Late Freddy Gear Drive
Old 03-04-2011, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamweaver View Post
I think truth be known, the reason Steve is building this truck is so he has something to haul off the shavings from making all those rims.
NO , thats what scrappy is for but I'll need to build some more and get some guys w/their tractors in the shop . this it to make unloading coal fun . My wife just said , " you didn't make it big enough " so when I build her 1 , look out this is a 75 ton truck , she going to get a 300 ton truck

Old 03-05-2011, 12:47 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

doodlebug is on a distinguished road

Hey Steve, Bring it on!

Later, Neil#2 aka doodlebug
Old 03-05-2011, 09:01 AM
Super Moderator

tc1cat is on a distinguished road

Doodlebug, Thanks for the link to the CAD programs. I have been looking for one to use with my CNC mill. Program looks easy to use plus has excellent instructions.

Steve very nice loking build.

Lynn