RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment

Construction Equipment If it digs, pushes, hauls dirt "off road" post it here.

Old 03-06-2011, 12:35 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

doodlebug is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Mack M75SX

Hey Lynn, I've had good luck with this program opening .dwg files. Case in point you have to have it for the Western Star body builder download's (zipped).
Yer welcome, Neil#2 aka doodlebug
Old 03-06-2011, 01:36 PM
Journeyman

tracksntreadslou is on a distinguished road

Coming along very nicely ..Im pretty amazed at how fast you build these things steve..and with all the other work you have lined up its good see your making time to do your own stuff.
Hey steve what are your plans for diffs for this brute?..Looking threw my spare parts box i came accross some tamiya Mammoth/juggernaut diffs that look very hefty..they are top drive and with a little mods i think you could make one with a rear output as well..
Old 03-06-2011, 04:28 PM
Fabrication and design , super moderator

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough

Lou , I'm actually going to make my own drives using HPI savage internals . I got the spools and pinions and I just ordered my bearings . I got to the point ( finally ) to work on others parts to a certain time then I work on my stuff . I just need another lathe now I spend a lot of time resetting or I put my lathe work on hold till I get a break between set ups .

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 03-06-2011, 04:36 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

9W Monighan will become famous soon enough9W Monighan will become famous soon enough

Get more chucks for the lathe and a Aloris toolpost. Then you can switch out a chuck without disturbing a setup and leave a special tool in a holder.
Old 03-06-2011, 05:49 PM
Apprentice

kerst is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihbuilder View Post
Lou , I'm actually going to make my own drives using HPI savage internals . I got the spools and pinions and I just ordered my bearings . I got to the point ( finally ) to work on others parts to a certain time then I work on my stuff . I just need another lathe now I spend a lot of time resetting or I put my lathe work on hold till I get a break between set ups .
Sounds very interesting!
Got some pictures of the parts?

Kerst
Old 03-06-2011, 08:27 PM

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerst View Post
Sounds very interesting!
Got some pictures of the parts?

Kerst
Kerst , I'm Making mostly Wheels right now and air cleaners and fuel tanks . I have pics in IHB in the vender section .

Steve , I have a tool post not the aloris brand I begged for that a long time ago when I was in my dads shop . as for chucks I would have a bunch but , I can't get the right thread for the adapter plate . I need to get 1 made for my 3 jaw

I was just ready to make my back hangers for the front springs , I need another .25 " end mill I don't think I'm getting HSS any more Well I did get some more done front springs and center webbing for the rear . I'm hopping to start on axle housing this coming wknd ,wife has plans on sat

OH Scott , I put the trans in last night I put the gears I had from travis' ( bigger bull gear and smaller pinions ) motors run great

IHSteve

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 03-10-2011, 10:24 PM

No I did not stop I got some nice end mills yesterday and spent last night and tonight making the front axle and rear spring hangers for the front .
I also got some aluminum flux for welding aluminum with the torch and it works real well . So looks like I'll be making the cab in aluminum works just like brazing
I hope you can see these

spring hanger

the axle

thanks for looking
Steve

Last edited by ihbuilder; 03-10-2011 at 10:26 PM.
Old 03-11-2011, 07:22 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Tamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura aboutTamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura aboutTamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura about

WOW Steve this thing is going to be a monster..keep up the great work..

HI.. My name is Paul.. And.. I.. Have a Cabover Addiction.

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11 "LET IT EAT"
Like Us on Facebook "Corn Field Mafia"

Old 03-11-2011, 08:24 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

SmallHaul will become famous soon enoughSmallHaul will become famous soon enough

Quote:

OH Scott , I put the trans in last night I put the gears I had from travis' ( bigger bull gear and smaller pinions ) motors run great

IHSteve
That trans should motivate it well. That is one beefy machine!

"No load is too Small"
Old 03-11-2011, 10:19 AM
Super Moderator

tc1cat is on a distinguished road

Boy you learn fast! Great looking work! I stopped getting HS tooling quite awhile ago. Carbide is more expensive but lasts much longer, so it's a fair trade off. My shop time has dropped to about 0 after knee surgery. And to top it all off, I think my Sherline mill is in need of new gibs. Really not bad after 20+ years of use and a new bed.

Lynn
Old 03-11-2011, 11:43 AM

Papy is on a distinguished road
Talking Re: Mack M75SX

Quote:
.....the axle

thanks for looking
Steve
OK, you will say I'm a "rivets counter", but the M75 had a tubular front axle ! So I propose you to send this one to me (will fit perfectly for the LRVSW) and make a new one with the correct design
Old 03-11-2011, 12:00 PM

I know ,Papy I sometimes throw my own twist to things the body is off a lil to I think I got the rear taper to long . I was going to do the tubular axle but I just felt like milling an I beam front . I may do another but as a tractor but thats a lil while yet . I think I got enough going for now

IHSteve

Old 03-21-2011, 10:54 PM

With hubs drying waiting to be put together to finnish this order finally I stole some time on the lathe and turned out 1 rear housing

and dabbled a little bit here and there on some of the cab

thanks for looking
IHSteve

Old 03-22-2011, 01:33 AM
Journeyman

tracksntreadslou is on a distinguished road

Looking Really good steve..Making good progress..Those diffs are looking like they will be bullit proof.
Old 03-22-2011, 09:10 AM
Dozer Builder

td9clyde will become famous soon enoughtd9clyde will become famous soon enough

nice work that mack is gonna be huge when it is all done
Old 03-22-2011, 10:51 AM
Apprentice

kerst is on a distinguished road

I like the way you made the axles! very nice work!

Kerst
Old 03-22-2011, 12:01 PM
Journeyman

steamer will become famous soon enoughsteamer will become famous soon enough

Steve. Great gob on the axle. How do you plan to hold the joint together, setscrews or bolts. She's going to be heavy duty, that's for sure
Rob
Old 03-22-2011, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracksntreadslou View Post
Looking Really good steve..Making good progress..Those diffs are looking like they will be bullit proof.
Quote:
Originally Posted by td9clyde View Post
nice work that mack is gonna be huge when it is all done
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerst View Post
I like the way you made the axles! very nice work!

Kerst
Quote:
Originally Posted by steamer View Post
Steve. Great gob on the axle. How do you plan to hold the joint together, setscrews or bolts. She's going to be heavy duty, that's for sure
Rob

thanks guys

Rob , I'll be using 3mm bolts which I still have to mill bolt areas on the flang once they're bolted together then chuck them back up perpendicular and bore for the pinions that'll be a fun setup

Steve

Old 03-22-2011, 12:22 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Espeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura about

Awesome work, Steve. I am looking forward to seeing the updates, as they come, which is usually what I reply to all of your posts! You have a lot great project builds going at once. I can't believe you get as much done as you do. If I even tried to do what you do, it would take me a lifetime, probably.
Old 03-22-2011, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espeefan View Post
Awesome work, Steve. I am looking forward to seeing the updates, as they come, which is usually what I reply to all of your posts! You have a lot great project builds going at once. I can't believe you get as much done as you do. If I even tried to do what you do, it would take me a lifetime, probably.
I don't know Nate , the new/old cnc mill has me occupied right now to get it going . Oh thank you