RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment

Construction Equipment If it digs, pushes, hauls dirt "off road" post it here.

Old 09-08-2010, 04:52 PM
Craftsman

Snochaser will become famous soon enoughSnochaser will become famous soon enough
Default Snochaser's Construction Co. Builds

Not sure what happened to my other post I believe I started here but..... I have made a little progress

I think I'm gonna get some cylinders from Clippard, since I have not seen or heard from the others as I find time I'll get a little farther. Ben

Last edited by Snochaser; 09-08-2010 at 04:54 PM.
Old 09-08-2010, 05:13 PM
Fabrication and design , super moderator

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: CAT 535C Grapple Skidder

great job Ben , who are the others that you have not herd from ? Clipperd seems to be great to work with . I'm just trying to make up my mind who to trust to get a pump from . Or bite the bullet and build it myself

IHSteve

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 09-08-2010, 05:55 PM
Craftsman

Snochaser will become famous soon enoughSnochaser will become famous soon enough

PMD has had problems getting anything and everything I have wanted. No problems with Clippard.
Old 09-08-2010, 06:30 PM
Fabrication and design , super moderator

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snochaser View Post
PMD has had problems getting anything and everything I have wanted. No problems with Clippard.
which means they have no pumps in stock either

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 09-08-2010, 09:08 PM
Journeyman

RCLogger will become famous soon enough

Coming along nice Ben

Did you use a servo setup for the steering ? Electric steering and drive would work well as you would only need the pump for the boom and grapple. Get better run time if the pump isn't running all the time..

greg
Old 09-08-2010, 10:31 PM

Blender is on a distinguished road

Looks great. This is one of my favorite projects.
Old 09-09-2010, 12:22 AM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation

Actually Greg, if you put the pump on an esc and use the dual rates that are on most radios, you can mix each valve function with the pump. The more you move the proportional ch of the valve, the more the valve opens & the faster the pump electric motor runs. Proportional ch centered (neutral), valve closed & electric pump motor is off! Pretty slick way of setting up a hydra system for max run times. I learned that trick from Ole & the norwegian gang.

My Volvo adt is on an esc, Sabertooth 2x10, mix feature turned off. One esc runs the pump, the other runs the six wheel motors... though I haven't figured out the dual rates function on the cheap radio I'm using, i use the ratchet left stick to control pump speed. The hyd pump is probably 1/3 speed while driving straight & maybe 2/3's to turn quick in the corners.

Great work on the skidder Ben, it's taking shape nicely. :thumbs up:

I looked for your thread too, but I can't seem to find it either.

Last edited by Lil Giants; 09-09-2010 at 02:11 PM.
Old 09-09-2010, 01:34 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Espeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura about

These are the kind of builds I like seeing. It's interesting to see what a guy can pull off without a huge machine shop, and many times the results are great! Like this build. It's coming along really nice. I'm looking forward to seeing the progress continue! I'm curious to know what kind of tools are in your arsenal!
Old 09-09-2010, 04:36 PM
Craftsman

IHbuilder- no he's been out of pumps for I believe 4 months now!!1

Greg- I did use a servo for the steering works well good torque, can't figure out how to run the servo off the "big" battery only off the pack with the radio

Blender- thanks I am really pumped up about it!

LilGiants- you are way above my head on the dual rates and mixing stuff. I do have a Sabertooth in it and a new digital 7ch radio, but no experiance in what your are talking about. Thanks for the compliments.

Espeefan- the bulk of what I have used for this is: bandsaw, tablesaw, mitersaw, woodlathe (to make the wheels), wood vise, metal vise, dremel and a torch.

I wish I had a mill, break and metal lathe though not to mention a bunch more tools. I do woodworking as a hobby and a side business- I am a firefighter/paramedic as my fulltime job.
Old 09-09-2010, 08:05 PM

dirtpusher9 has a spectacular aura aboutdirtpusher9 has a spectacular aura about

Glad to see some progress Ben. Your doing some fine metal work there.
Old 09-11-2010, 07:18 PM
Craftsman

Do any of you know of a continuous swivel I can use for the grapple so I can spin it 360 and not have an issue with hydraulic lines twisting?

Thanks Ben
Old 09-12-2010, 12:10 AM
Green Horn

DieselKid is on a distinguished road

Have been following this build as a 'lurker' you might say for quite some time now, and was disappointed I didn't get to see it in person at Indy.

I couldn't help but chime in....

Phenomal fabricaton of an awesome machine.

And those Mashers are a perfect tire choice, spot on for the ag/industrial look! Our drivers haul quite a few loads out of Titan Tire in Bryan, OH and many times they sit in the shop while the trailers are being serviced....loaded with a mix of ag, forestry, and industrial tires and by far these tires you have from Pro-Line are the closest to any I've seen!

Nice work so far all around Ben, looking forward to more!

-Alex
Old 09-12-2010, 10:00 AM
Craftsman

Thanks Alex. I spoke with your Dad for a short while in Indy, he said you were working and would be there after I left, would have like to have meet you.

I got real lucky on those tires, they are discontinued and found them at a LHS that has been around for many many years. Guess I should look for more, they would work for several builds I'd like to do.

Ben
Old 09-12-2010, 10:43 AM
Green Horn

Thorsteenster is on a distinguished road

If you're looking for another set of Masher's let me know. I have a set that came on some wheels I bought and nobody wants em, can't give em away. Hate to toss em because they're in great/almost new shape. Shoot me a PM if you want them.
Old 09-12-2010, 11:05 AM
Dozer Builder

td9clyde will become famous soon enoughtd9clyde will become famous soon enough

nice progress on the skidder very nice work keep it up and you'll be dragging logs in no time
Old 09-16-2010, 08:52 PM
Craftsman

a little progress... either I will get lucky and figure out how I can get a mini linear actuator or hyd. cylinder to work or it just won't have powered rotation

video

video

I am open for ideas. Thanks for looking. Ben
Old 09-17-2010, 10:32 AM
Journeyman

RCLogger will become famous soon enough

I was thinking about your swivel issue on the grapple. I had the same problem on may CAT 345 log loader. What I ended up doing is just building a grapple that opens as wide as possible and is free to swivel on its own. When there is no logs in the grapple I have mine set up so that it goes straight again, there are times when you have to hook one side of the grapple on a log and then move ahead a little to swing the grapple to get it over the log but not often.

greg
Old 09-17-2010, 02:22 PM

mog is on a distinguished road

wow that's alot nicer than the grapple i got made up. you shere do some fine work
Old 09-17-2010, 02:49 PM
Craftsman

Solder one side, now gotta do another..

Greg- I figured that would probably be the route I would end up taking (though it bums me out)...so free spinning grapple it'll probably be.

Mog- I am sure you are doing a fine job. I haven't seen any posts from you..am I missing them....where's the pics of what your buildin'??

Ben
Old 09-17-2010, 03:01 PM
Green Horn

Thorsteenster is on a distinguished road

What are you using for the drivetrain, looks like you might have GRU/motors at each wheel?

Nice brass work!