RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's General Discussion. > Welcome New Members

Welcome New Members A place to introduce yourself to the membership.

Old 03-31-2015, 08:01 AM

alaskan is on a distinguished road
Default Hello from Alaska

Hello everyone,

I'm new to this aspect of RC I've been running RC cars and trucks since the late 80s I really want to build something like a Bulldozer or a loader I don't know where to start I have access to almost all forms of welders and rough fab tools no CNC or the like so I would be grateful for any info to get me pointed in the right direction

Thanks Mike
Old 03-31-2015, 04:35 PM
Journeyman

sparkycuda is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Hello from Alaska

Mike, welcome to the forum. The builders on here have a wide variety of tools they work with - from basic hand tools all the way to CNC & 3D printers. Regardless of what level of tools used, they are still able to create awesome vehicles & equipment. Don't be bashful about jumping right in.

Ken
Old 03-31-2015, 05:47 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Supermario is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Hello from Alaska

I'd like to try a scratch build myself. I think a dozer is a better choice for starters due to the less complex system. Drives and blade that's it, compared to boom, bucket, steer, drive systems. All the geometry and linkage in a loader compared to , a blade.
My plan is to figure out how heavy it's going to be, how strong a drive motor will I need and what to use for tracks, pads and rollers. I figure, buy the motors and undercarriage first and build a structure according to them rather than build something and then search for motors and undercarriage to fit what you built?

I've played with converting toys to rc and hate all the searching for things strong enough and small enough to fit in limited space. I want to avoid that for once!