RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment

Construction Equipment If it digs, pushes, hauls dirt "off road" post it here.

Old 12-31-2010, 08:43 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Tamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura aboutTamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura aboutTamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: dresser TD40B dozer

Steve this sure is coming along sure looks like a big dozer cant wait to see it up close..

HI.. My name is Paul.. And.. I.. Have a Cabover Addiction.

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11 "LET IT EAT"
Like Us on Facebook "Corn Field Mafia"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 12-31-2010, 08:49 AM
Fabrication and design , super moderator

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by doodlebug View Post
Hey Steve, 2 speed motor's will make it operate just like the full size version, with planetary steering. I had a chance to sit in the TD 40 that was at ConExpo/ConAg 2 year's ago, Big! My neighbor has a TD 25B, I get to push the dumpsite with it once in a while. 82,000 lbs of enjoyment. I just joined the forum, and am learning alot from all of you! Later, Neil#? aka doodlebug.

welcome Neil I would love to just get to see 1 in person myself (some day ) I finally got to see a d11 next to a 785 haul truck that thing is big . I got to get on a td-They put on a little demo show where customers could come and try the various equipment . Well I kinda ticked some old timers off there being that I could not drive legally but could operate as good as them I'll be going the 2 2 speed motor route once I get a hold of another . I have since put my equipment on the shelf for now till I get more parts and get my hydros working + I got some trucks to finnish 1 I really want to get going now with all thats been going on

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmilnik View Post
nice work looks good
thank you

IHSteve

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 12-31-2010, 08:51 AM

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough

thanks Paul , It'll be awhile

Old 12-31-2010, 12:27 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

doodlebug is on a distinguished road

Hey Steve, I had a brain cramp last night. I forgot that the drill's shift, like riding lawn mower's, so back to the drawing board for 2 speed steering!
Later, Neil#2 aka doodlebug.
Old 09-23-2011, 10:20 PM

Wow this has been awhile as much dust on the thread as the dozer I'm putting my highway trucks on hold for awhile to get some machines (Yes the scrapers too ) running now that I got the ability to machine more of the parts I need . Soo , today getting mtrls for customers , I fond my drivetrain . As you all know I was going to use 1 motor with a diff and brakes to steer , Well I gave that up to KISS . I got 2 .375 cordless rightangle impact wrenches ( good price I think ) Now just to get some help somewhere with production

Old 09-24-2011, 08:19 AM
Dozer Builder

td9clyde will become famous soon enoughtd9clyde will become famous soon enough

hey those will work great lol kinda like my drill motors and grinder heads lol but all in one can't wait to see pics and a video
Old 01-28-2012, 10:50 PM

me nether Henry Getting to see Joe's D9 at cabin fever got me raiding scrap piles for mtrl to get this running I've got my track frames and tracks figured out and mostly cut out while doing other stuff . I just put my expensive employee on it He just needs some supervision at times Playing with some settings on my crapy cam , I took some shots to see if I did any better

outer piece cut out of a cummins 903 cover plate

caught 1 of the employee cutting the matching inner piece

2nd inner piece

I did a vid of me multi tasking but It'll take for ever to up load . I don't think many will want to watch a mill and lathe work for 25 min

Old 01-29-2012, 11:27 AM

bigTdozer is on a distinguished road

Yay! About time ya get to this and the pans I been Wantin for a year or so now i will be gettin back on my 2 other projects soon we need pics! Lol
Old 01-29-2012, 11:45 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

SmallHaul will become famous soon enoughSmallHaul will become famous soon enough

The dozer is looking good Steve.

Nice and heavy!

"No load is too Small"
Old 01-29-2012, 01:07 PM

yea I know Big T If I had my final drive gears I'd be cuttin the housings along with the counter weight for the 990 . I got a 50# piece of 1" plate on the mill now . I'll have to put it back on later

thanks Scott . hey bring that loader up here lets see how it does in the chip pan

Old 01-29-2012, 01:25 PM

bigTdozer is on a distinguished road

I will have to drag mine off the office today sometime and get to pondering ti get motors in it then its just hydraulic parts to finish and paint and tires lol
Old 04-23-2012, 05:36 PM

had these parts drawn and ready for cuttin for a couple months Well after seeing Ari's excavator tracks , I just had to mill a few pieces in aluminum just to see if all will werk according to plan So far so good with a few lil tweeks before I load a piece of .25" plate in the mill push green button and go to bed ( well , not that easy ) In steel , it werks out to be about 84hrs to get a complete set of tracks For those that are wondering why the big hole on 1 side of the like , it gets a bushing . I'm making these like a real set . I just need to make a scale track press oh and a tapping head for the mill

thanks for looking

Old 04-23-2012, 06:14 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

9W Monighan will become famous soon enough9W Monighan will become famous soon enough

Those picture show up better here than the ones you text me. You may want to open the center slots up some to clear dirt easier.
Ya goin for a set of SALT tracks?
Hmm 00-90 plugs on the pins.
Old 04-23-2012, 06:37 PM

"Ya goin for a set of SALT tracks?"

thou shall not jest I have entertained the thought of it But , do we need a dozer next April or not ? Yea open them up a little add a slight taper at the bottom of the rail . Oh another week of nighttime editing I gotta try what Pugs suggested in my 990 thread .

Old 04-23-2012, 07:33 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

doodlebug is on a distinguished road

Hey Steve, in the video's, shot's of the LiuGong DresstaTD40E http://www.worldhighways.co/event-ne...video-preview/ http://www.worldhighways.co/event-ne...t-live-monday/ Kinda surpizing that Dresser turned in to Dressta, and now chinese owned. basically the same machine that I sat in 4 year's ago, **** of a view from the seat!
Cheer's, Neil.
Old 04-24-2012, 04:18 AM
Dozer Builder

td9clyde will become famous soon enoughtd9clyde will become famous soon enough

now thats whatr i call a set of tracks!!!!!!! atleast someone is making them like the real thing i have been pondering on how to make those and the sprocket is awsome!!!!!!! takes alot of time to build but it will be worth it when your done for the detail factor keep up the great work
Old 04-24-2012, 08:01 AM
Craftsman

modelman is on a distinguished road

Nice work steve-I'm guessing you have more ideas running thru that head of yours than you will ever get built. But that's great-Do it while you can!!
Old 04-24-2012, 09:17 AM
Green Horn

Vanisle is on a distinguished road

Those tracks look fantastic. Too bad they take so long to make.
Old 04-24-2012, 09:47 AM
Journeyman

sparkycuda is on a distinguished road

Hey, Steve! Sprockets are top-notch. First ones' I've seen with proper tip configuration. Pads and rails looking great - did pads start life as a flat or T-bar? Keep up the good work!

Ken
Old 04-25-2012, 03:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doodlebug View Post
Hey Steve, in the video's, shot's of the LiuGong DresstaTD40E http://www.worldhighways.co/event-ne...video-preview/ http://www.worldhighways.co/event-ne...t-live-monday/ Kinda surpizing that Dresser turned in to Dressta, and now chinese owned. basically the same machine that I sat in 4 year's ago, **** of a view from the seat!
Cheer's, Neil.
It's a shame komatsu took them over completely back in the early 90's then went to drestta then the chi's got them none of our Dressers/IH 's have cummins in them (D/DT239) .

Quote:
Originally Posted by td9clyde View Post
now thats whatr i call a set of tracks!!!!!!! atleast someone is making them like the real thing i have been pondering on how to make those and the sprocket is awsome!!!!!!! takes alot of time to build but it will be worth it when your done for the detail factor keep up the great work
thanks Henry there are others doing a gret job , we all werk with what we have available to us . detail is great , but function is more important 1st . I've pondered back and forth on welding t-bar to offset links or milling them . well my eyes are getting worse and I got the vmc for production work ,so why not use it for my stuff to .

Quote:
Originally Posted by modelman View Post
Nice work steve-I'm guessing you have more ideas running thru that head of yours than you will ever get built. But that's great-Do it while you can!!
thanks Tom , yes I do but I'm trying to get done what I have started so I can enjoy them before the day comes I don't wake up .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanisle View Post
Those tracks look fantastic. Too bad they take so long to make.
thanks Reg , yea I know and I got others planed

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkycuda View Post
Hey, Steve! Sprockets are top-notch. First ones' I've seen with proper tip configuration. Pads and rails looking great - did pads start life as a flat or T-bar? Keep up the good work!

Ken
thanks Ken , I kind of went off the track pitch and the dia of the spocket on the sales broshure , The tip config is very important to the functon of the tracks , too much u they stick too little they slip too square or pointy of a tip they catch . ever watch a worn out sprocket go from pointy tips to slipping in 8 Hrs

well I rethunk doing all at once tieing up the mill for days I'm just going to run a few at a time when the mill is at idle . got a loader to finish and others stuff