RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment > Construction Companies & Worksites

Old 12-26-2014, 10:21 PM
Wannabe

thebigo is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Great Dane excavating co.

Perfect form Coop!! there's 12 inches of snow on my track now or I'd be roostin it!!
Old 12-27-2014, 12:17 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

RCP57 is on a distinguished road

I know how to get you riding but still foil Mario's plan! I "might" have a few hoped up Honda 50's kicking around and the track for riding them is right in front of my house. This way we can all ride and I can keep tabs on Mario...lol
Old 12-27-2014, 02:42 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

doodlebug is on a distinguished road

Hey Cooper, use that drill, to help you figure out conveyor rpm.
Cheers, Neil.
Old 12-27-2014, 11:14 AM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation

Great work on the rollers RW, now set printer replay to "100". (Seriously)

What's the width of the middle roller?

I intend to go with 12v gearhead motors @75-100rpm. 12v deep cycle battery, take it anywhere.

Joe
Old 12-27-2014, 12:57 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Cooper is on a distinguished road

Thanks, that's the rpm I was thinking too. Yea, I realize I need rollers, rollers, rollers!!! I don't want a vibrating conveyor!! What I have in mind for power is to have everything running on 12v dc. Out back I have several 110v dc outlets that I could plug into while at home. By operating off 12v dc I will be able to have that option also if I set up somewhere remote. I haven't yet checked if my low voltage transformers work but pretty sure they do. Going to set up something with banana plugs, so connecting to transformer or battery will be simple. Now the hard part is if I want to build a swing assembly to dump material in seperate piles. And to have an elevation mechanism.
Old 12-27-2014, 12:59 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Giants View Post

I intend to go with 12v gearhead motors @75-100rpm. 12v deep cycle battery, take it anywhere.
Oh, middle rollers are 1.85" and ends are 1.2". Belt is like 3-7/8" wide by 4-1/2' long.
Old 12-27-2014, 01:12 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

RCP57 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Giants View Post

Yes, I'm pretty sure Coop could be busy making some of them, there rollers for us non 3d printer having people...and making some money to buy the wife that new dog come spring...
Old 12-27-2014, 02:59 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikem View Post
Is the rest of him on the other side of the wall ? With a squirrel running around on his back and a dog checking his identity ? Happy new Year Mike
That got me a good chuckle mike!!!
Old 12-27-2014, 03:15 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCP57 View Post
Yes, I'm pretty sure Coop could be busy making some of them, there rollers for us non 3d printer having people...and making some money to buy the wife that new dog come spring...
Humm,,, ill trade you, a couple rollers for uhhh,,, one of them converted dozers!!! Yea, that should be good!!!

You want some? Might take a while to print. One roller bracket takes 44 min to print, then cutting some 1/8" shafts, and about 2min on the rollers. The rollers are made from 3/4" acetal, I didn't print them. Had a couple feet of acetal/delrin laying around. Speaking of have to get more, I purchased those off eBay, like $5 a foot of 3/4" stock. I looked at McMaster and other supply places and almost half price. So now knowing I need more I might try and find an even cheeper material. Mario gave me an idea of using wood with a cheep Teflon sleeve. Always looking for a cheeper alternative way. Because I now have to think of feeding another mouth!!! Lol!!! I owe ya reg for hooking me up with the awesome dump bed!!

Had some time today so me and the psycho, totally defendant on the wife, slobbering on all my stuff, wouldn't leave me alone, pooping in my sandbox, Great Dane played in the pit. I tried to take some video but my "helper " kept knocking over the tripod. And got the big cat out. For some reason one of the tilt servos quit working. Pretty good servo, hitec, it was working fine for a demo when the I laws were here but stopped as soon as I got to pit. I hope I didn't mess something up with radio when I was setting up dump truck steering. Oh well something else to fix. I have to relearn the mixes for titandigs anyway.
Old 12-27-2014, 03:25 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Thinking of you joe, today was pretty warm, 40 degrees and sunny so I had to take advantage of it. And ground isn't frozen. What kind of weather you have? When does ground warm up in your location? Farthest north I've been is Montreal or north of Vancouver , whistler.
Old 12-27-2014, 03:41 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

http://youtu.be/w20XKVuQqFQ

She might be over weight, it's pretty wet material, no problem with lifting!! I'm very happy with it reg!!
Old 12-27-2014, 07:20 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Half way there with rollers
Old 12-27-2014, 11:19 PM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation

Snow on the ground since early November, temps vary from -30 to +8C, December has been quite mild. Last couple Springs have been quite late, last wk of April - 1st week of May before the snow is done for the season.

Joe
Old 12-28-2014, 11:23 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Supermario is on a distinguished road

I'm drooling RW ! Those 3D printers are amazing and also unfair to those of us without one.
That's going to be one beautiful conveyor. Nice work so far.
I agree about trying to keep projects like this cheap and simple. That's half the fun trying to use what's around you. I also like trying to keep the weight down. If I have to carry this stuff up from the basement a lot, I don't want it weighing a ton!
Old 12-28-2014, 01:51 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCP57 View Post
Uhh,, I'll think about it ,,, lol!!

A good comeback!!
Old 12-28-2014, 07:44 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

I decided to use some flat top bracing in between rollers. If belt droops any it will slide on metal flats. Well that's the plan. I don't know what kind of finish was on the perforated angle metal I am using. I sanded areas to be welded and still it did not want to arc well. Left a white soot like it has a zinc or galvanized coating. It appears to be just metal but was a pain to weld. It's turning into a fugly project, far from good but good from a far!!! I got the material from the scrapyard, and not always knowing what it is I guess. Not to mention I'm not that knowledgeable of welding.
Old 12-28-2014, 07:46 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermario View Post
I'm drooling RW ! Those 3D printers are amazing and also unfair to those of us without one.
That's going to be one beautiful conveyor. Nice work so far.
I agree about trying to keep projects like this cheap and simple. That's half the fun trying to use what's around you. I also like trying to keep the weight down. If I have to carry this stuff up from the basement a lot, I don't want it weighing a ton!
Haha,,, I'll try to make it up to you. Hopefully tomorrow I will get a chance to get to post office and mail you up a late Christmas present.
Old 12-28-2014, 08:21 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

doodlebug is on a distinguished road

Hey Cooper, surface prep! you can wire wheel or preferably a sanding disc, and take the coating off to bare metal. Just don't breath the cadmium fumes, they are toxic!
Cheers, Neil.
Old 12-28-2014, 08:23 PM
Out of control

fhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud of

Your two main rails appeared to be galvanized which will explain the white looking residue and while welding the gas it puts off will contaminate your shielding gas from the welder. I am assuming you using a MIG welder and you would have to remove almost all of the coating and possibly acid wash the parts to get the most of it out but if it is good galvanizing you won’t get it all out.

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11
Old 12-28-2014, 08:49 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Thanks guys, yes I guess prep would have , or should have been a first step instead of last step;(. I do have somewhat of a ventilation system, at least gets gas/fumes to the outside. Garage door opened a crack with window open with fan. Cold air rolls in from outside and warm air gets pushed out through top window. In wintertime it works pretty well. I figured with the white residue it was galvanized. I use to seeing galvanized stuff looking ruff and silverish. Again my ignorance will be my teacher for next time .