RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment

Construction Equipment If it digs, pushes, hauls dirt "off road" post it here.

Old 11-09-2013, 10:18 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Cooper is on a distinguished road
Default Future plans and help

Hey guys, I'm new here, I have been looking at almost all the posts and wow some real skill in making these "toys". I am not new to rc as I am into boats, currently have one of my top builds, a 41" twin catamaran that is clocked at 107mph. Takes some effort to get there. But I have been a long fan of construction equipment and in the last year I have purchased a lathe and two mills. So I am looking to start building some of my childhood dreams. I would like to build a d11. After looking at all the dozer builds I am not sure if any of you would be willing to help me with my cause. I know great effort and planning has gone into all of these builds. Do any of you have or should I ask , willing to share a copy of your build plans? I would be willing to purchase. As I'm a rather simple man and don't ask for much advise, usually just figure it out myself. But this is not going to be a winter build as my boats are, I imagine this will take a year or so and the metal production is not as forgiving as carbon fiber and epoxy. So if any some what detailed plans of a d11 or high sprocket dozer builder is willing to share a copy I would be extremely great full and willing to make it worth while. And again, wow guys this is just amazing and now I finally have the tools to so myself, just need some plans
Old 11-09-2013, 11:20 PM
Journeyman

tracksntreadslou is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Future plans and help

Hi Cooper and welcome to the forum ..You wont find much for detailed plans ..Most of us will go to the the manufactures website and find the specs on the model you are after download or print those off ..These are pretty basic drawings that can be brought to your local copy shop and blown up to the size you need ..some folks will also buy the shop manuals for some of the more detailed parts breakdown ..It also helps to purchase a 1/50 scale model as well watch for them on ebay ..Post tons of pics ...lol..
Old 11-10-2013, 09:03 AM

aussietruckerguy is on a distinguished road

for the D11, there is always the bruner D11 just released. i know its 1:16 but really looks the part. i haves picked one up and it looks great. For me its new years project after the small dozer and scania's are done.
Old 11-10-2013, 02:24 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Yea I just looked at toysrus locally and they have some. Of the 1/16 dozers. I might go there tomorrow and purchase. I figure that will be sufficient for my first attempt at replication of a working model. Maybe even use the superstructure parts somehow? So what scale would most of the dozers be? I'm assuming 1/14 scale to be equal to most of the rigs like tamiya sells. I should be good to go with electronics knowledge but one thing I'm not sure of will be drivetrain. I see use of wiper motors? I'm assuming low rpm and high torque will be requirements. So any advise there would be appreciated. I would like to have the drive parts before I start building so room and design can be incorporated.
Old 11-10-2013, 03:43 PM
Journeyman

steamer will become famous soon enoughsteamer will become famous soon enough

If you want to get some good tips and ideas, start at this page and read on. RC Logger has built two Cats and they look and work fantastic! Enjoy.
Rob

http://rctruckandconstruction.com/sh...hp?t=71&page=3
Old 11-13-2013, 12:14 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

This is a link to one of my boat builds. Shows a little bit of my ability. Once I get enough information and grasp on components I will put up a build. For now I don't know where to get motors? Right angle drives? I know low rpm , like 20-25. But I don't know where to get them. And should I aim for 12 volts? I have lots of lipos. And esc (speed controllers) I plan on using a turnigy9 radio. So if some of you could help me in sourcing motors drives I would be that much closer to start a build.

http://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...asim-saw-build
Old 11-13-2013, 02:09 PM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation

I can't see any of your pics unless I join that forum... which is why uploading pics to free photo hosting site is a much better way to go to participate on forums.

But here's Cooper's youtube page showing his boat on the water.

https://www.youtube.com/user/rwford73/videos

Joe
Old 11-13-2013, 07:42 PM
Green Horn

dmess62 is on a distinguished road

Hey cooper a good friend of mine runs those gas boats. He actually is a professional painter air brusher. I ll try and get a link to some of his stuff and msg it too ya. Good luck with the dozer build

Dave
Old 11-13-2013, 11:02 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Hippies airbrush alley? From pro painter ? If so that stuff is sick!! Pure works of art!!! All my boats are electric. The SAW (straight-a-way) boat I have runs twins, together they push out about 13,000 watts and pull about 400 amps. Yea it drains 10,000mah batts in about four minuets runtime. This forum seems like a good fit for me, seems like you all are good very welcoming and I appreciate that
Old 11-14-2013, 11:49 AM
Green Horn

dmess62 is on a distinguished road

Yup hippies airbrush alley. I've had the chance to watch him work a few times he's badazz

Dave
Old 11-16-2013, 10:06 PM

motocrawler is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
Yea I just looked at toysrus locally and they have some. Of the 1/16 dozers. I might go there tomorrow and purchase. I figure that will be sufficient for my first attempt at replication of a working model. Maybe even use the superstructure parts somehow? So what scale would most of the dozers be? I'm assuming 1/14 scale to be equal to most of the rigs like tamiya sells. I should be good to go with electronics knowledge but one thing I'm not sure of will be drivetrain. I see use of wiper motors? I'm assuming low rpm and high torque will be requirements. So any advise there would be appreciated. I would like to have the drive parts before I start building so room and design can be incorporated.
For geared motors check out Pololu and robot marketplace. I typically run a direct drive via a hub to the wheels. However, I have just recently started using Traxxas bevel gears to make geared right angle drives and they work great and not to mention lots of cheap parts at the hobby shops.
Old 01-03-2014, 09:22 AM

ptebbe is on a distinguished road

Maxon also makes great gearmotors (A-max line.) Not always easy to find in USA but I often find on ebay.
PT