RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Clubs/Groups and Events > Central Plains Mini Truckers Club

Old 12-25-2013, 02:20 PM
Green Horn

heavy_duty is on a distinguished road
Default Possible Spring Show in Monticello, Il

Hey guys.I have this hair brain idea to do a show in Indy this spring around late April or 1st week of May. I chose metro Indy because it's not fair for you guys to drive to st.louis all the time.I will ask Travis and a few other Indiana guys for possible sites to host it at.I want this show to be a 2 day show full of fun and trucking with a purpose. I am open to All suggestions and ideas.This is Our club.Let me know what you all think, and let's get it done.Turtle man out.

Ed
Old 01-02-2014, 11:01 PM
Journeyman

pigeonfarmboy is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Possible spring Indy show.

I'll support whatever and wherever we decide to go. It's the same distance for me either way.

I thought about hosting an event here at our model flight field. The hotel is 1 minute from the site and we would have locked access to our hangar. I will bring up the idea at our next meeting. There's a large concrete pad for trucks and an open area to dig. (We would just have to fill in the holes at the end of the weekend.) There are many picnic tables with access to power. Bringing tables into the hangar would also be an option. (And a great place to hide from rain if it were to happen.)

http://www.elifield.com/history.html
Just to the left of the hangar is where I imagine our dedicated area would be. Pending discussion with the other members of course. There's also an rc off-road track at the facility.

Last edited by pigeonfarmboy; 01-02-2014 at 11:03 PM.
Old 01-03-2014, 10:20 AM
Journeyman

woodhog is on a distinguished road

I also will support a spring meet ,the East coast is too far to drive for a 3\4 of a day to play . Can bring most of my stuff and maybe some new projects.
Old 01-03-2014, 10:30 AM
Craftsman

Snochaser will become famous soon enoughSnochaser will become famous soon enough

I'm in!!!
R.I.P. FGD

Work Hard, Play Hard!
Never Forget- 343
Old 01-03-2014, 05:51 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

9W Monighan will become famous soon enough9W Monighan will become famous soon enough

Aren't you forgetting there is already a three day show in April.
http://www.cabinfeverexpo.com/
Old 01-04-2014, 12:00 AM
Green Horn

YoungGunz is on a distinguished road

East coast is too far for me too, and I want to play for a couple days if I'm going to come. Indy and St Louis are about equal for me, I would certainly try to make it if the date was set. Dirt is always more fun in my opinion and we can build something that way. I think making an overpass or similar structure could be a fun goal to set out toward. Hauling with a purpose is much more satisfying.
Old 01-04-2014, 06:48 AM
Fabrication and design , super moderator

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodhog View Post
I also will support a spring meet ,the East coast is too far to drive for a 3\4 of a day to play . Can bring most of my stuff and maybe some new projects.
Cabin Fever expo is min 2 days of running time
This sounds great , not sure I can make it being close to CFE date

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-04-2014, 10:40 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Stuff is on a distinguished road

regardless for us guys in saskatchewan its a half hour difference driving to either. It's been a dream of ours to go there for quite a few years. just timing..
Subscribe!!
My Facebook -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-05-2014, 11:52 AM
Green Horn

Dieselchopper is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuff View Post
regardless for us guys in saskatchewan its a half hour difference driving to either. It's been a dream of ours to go there for quite a few years. just timing..
So true, I need several months planning time to make any distant show as it involves booking time off work. As a manager where I work it can be a bit harder to plan. Still gona try to make the normal timed Indy this year.
Old 01-12-2014, 07:09 PM

CrewCab59 is on a distinguished road

Would the spring Indy meet replace the fall Indy or both?
Old 01-12-2014, 08:18 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Tamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura aboutTamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura aboutTamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrewCab59 View Post
Would the spring Indy meet replace the fall Indy or both?
No there will be both shows if this happened... The big show would still be in AUG this would just be another show for guys to go to.

HI.. My name is Paul.. And.. I.. Have a Cabover Addiction.

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11 "LET IT EAT"
Like Us on Facebook "Corn Field Mafia"

Old 02-07-2014, 06:14 PM
Journeyman

Submitted the idea of a construction meet at the field. Everyone was quite excited to see this happen.

April 26-27 or June 14-15 are two weekends that would be open for us to use the facility. There is a huge concrete pad for the trucks to drive and I'm open to suggestions if you guys would want me to have some dirt or sand hauled in to make a pit area for the equipment.

Cool thing about this place is if it were to rain, we can move inside and still be able to play. Also if you're a model airplane enthusiast, bring your plane(s). This is one of the nicest fields in the US.

Again there is a large Best Western less than a mile from the facility and many places to eat. (We have a nice grill at the field so I'd be happy to cook up some burgers/brats/dogs for lunch both days)

I would ask for an entry fee to be donated to the club for the use of this space. I suppose the amount would depend on how many people could come. If we get enough entries I could also try to get Horizon involved to maybe put together some goodies for prizes or maybe gift certificates.

Another thing I would really like to do is put together a Radio Seminar with one of our Spektrum guys. Possibly make videos of this that would bring traffic to RCT&C. I see too many guys in our hobby get frustrated when setting up radio systems and I'd love to simplify this for them. I think a battery seminar could greatly benefit all of us as well. I'd be happy to arrange both if there's enough interest.

Whatcha think?
Old 02-07-2014, 07:22 PM
Craftsman

Snochaser will become famous soon enoughSnochaser will become famous soon enough

I'd prefer the June date.....more build time....better chance of it being dryer also.
R.I.P. FGD

Work Hard, Play Hard!
Never Forget- 343
Old 02-07-2014, 07:32 PM
Journeyman

woodhog is on a distinguished road

It all sounds good to me Also love the idea of a radio and battery seminar,I just have had little experience setting up my charger to charge and discharge nihm packs and trying to program that way too fancy charger
Old 02-07-2014, 07:43 PM
Journeyman

I prefer the June date also. Better chance of nicer weather.

Ideally I'm hoping many of our club guys can attend and can help anyone out with any questions. The seminars would have a Q&A section too. I would compile some questions on here that people could ask that can't attend.

Also FYI this location is 2.5 hours Northeast of St. Louis so it would shave some time off many people's drives.
Old 02-07-2014, 09:32 PM
Out of control

fhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud of

I would be in. Good idea Nate and thanks for putting this kind of effort into a show.

Travis

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11
Old 02-07-2014, 09:36 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Tamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura aboutTamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura aboutTamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura about

Nate... What town and state I would be interested since it might be closer not sure on the June date we have semi truck shows almost every weekend but there is one we dont so it may work..Oh and is there any camp grounds close?

HI.. My name is Paul.. And.. I.. Have a Cabover Addiction.

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11 "LET IT EAT"
Like Us on Facebook "Corn Field Mafia"

Old 02-07-2014, 09:51 PM
Green Horn

ekim is on a distinguished road

Any idea how far this would be from Puxico Mo... Will travel from Idaho around that time frame to visit family......

Michael (ekim)
Old 02-07-2014, 11:40 PM
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamiya Cowboy View Post
Nate... What town and state I would be interested since it might be closer not sure on the June date we have semi truck shows almost every weekend but there is one we dont so it may work..Oh and is there any camp grounds close?
It's located in Monticello Illinois, 20 miles Southwest of Champaign-Urbana.

I believe the closest RV-Style campground with hookups would be Clinton Lake about 30 minutes drive. We have had air guys in the past use the field for parking their rv/trailer and that's something I can definitely check on, but there's no hookups for power/septic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekim View Post
Any idea how far this would be from Puxico Mo... Will travel from Idaho around that time frame to visit family......

Michael (ekim)
Looks like just under 5 hours.
Old 02-08-2014, 12:23 AM
Backyard enginier

Izzy will become famous soon enoughIzzy will become famous soon enough

I'm in ...... sounds terrific!

hey nate - are there time restrictions? what about us guys who like to drive hard all night??