RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment

Construction Equipment If it digs, pushes, hauls dirt "off road" post it here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-04-2012, 01:44 AM
Green Horn

Jared is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 1/16 Bucyrus Erie 22B-III

Thanks rustybucket. I for some reason I've always been fascinated with the old cable machines. I run modern excavators but I find the old stuff more interesting.

Thanks Papy. That's the story everywhere. I know of some guys that had a 15 or 22B. Notice my use of the word "had". A few years ago when scrap prices were really high, they fired it up, walked it on the lowboy and hauled it to the scrapyard. If I had known about it at the time, I might have offered them scrap value for it. I don't know what I would have done with it, but I hate to see good stuff like that thrown away.

Breaking news: Instead of a 22B, this has evolved into a 25B. Part of the reason is that the 25 is basically a beefed-up 22 and has a 1-yard rating instead of 3/4 and all I have to do is make 8 hook rollers instead of 6. But the main reason for doing it is so I can put a bigger bucket on it. I spent a bunch of time with the drawings Steve and Dan sent along with some old sales brochures and spec sheets I ordered and did a bunch more tweaking and adjusting of my drawings and here is the latest iteration, but not necessarily the last.
I'd change the thread title if I knew how (hint hint).

Hoping tomorrow to get out in the garage and make chips.