RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's General Discussion. > Get it out of your system! HERE!

Get it out of your system! HERE! You have a gripe,bone to pick, Tamiya vs Wedico or just have to let it out! THIS IS THE ONLY PLACE TO DO IT!

Old 04-10-2016, 10:58 AM
Out of control

fhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud of
Unhappy Buy/Sell/Trade

Why is it every time someone posts a thread looking for an item the first response they get is to go to eBay or where to buy it new? They know where to buy it new that is why they are looking for the item hoping someone has one they bought, traded for, or just ended up with that they would be willing to sell, trade, or make a deal on. I grew up going to swap meets which was a great way to build things without spending a fortunes and I had hoped our B/S/T section would be that way but most of the time I just don’t see it like that.

I thought this forum was about a group of members out to help each other learn and build. Along with that goes helping each other out when we can. There are members on here that I have met and became friends with that I consider closer to me than some of my blood family members. So just like high school little groups form and most don’t want to step outside the group to help.

One of my first truck shows I went to, I came home with enough parts to build a new all-wheel drive truck and it was all done buy trading part I didn’t need for parts I did and sometimes it took two or three trades to get what I needed. I just don’t see this kind of attitude with the majority of the members these days.

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11
Old 04-10-2016, 03:54 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Claus is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Buy/Sell/Trade

Simple, easy, quicker, I would say most time it comes down to that. I have donated spare parts to people on the forum and sold parts through word of mouth and bought from members but sometimes when you are building a project you don't have the patience to find a deal among friends, you need a part or parts so you can move on to the next thing.

I have bought a lot of parts custom made by forum members, many times you can't get better parts than the guys on here build.
Old 04-11-2016, 03:55 PM
Wannabe

up9018 is on a distinguished road

Well, I believe about 50% of the time the responder truly thinks they are helping out the O/P. Maybe they don't understand how the B/S/T forum was designed to work, or they truly think the O/P needs help finding the part anywhere.

The other 50% of the time it is the same smartass that will tell somebody "Google is your Friend" instead of just helping out. Those people just troll looking for somewhere to act superior to someone else. Really pisses me off because they wouldn't tell you the same face to face. That has become the problem with the internet these days.

Even though I haven't acquired or sold anything using it, I like the B/S/T forum. People just need to use it as intended.
Old 04-12-2016, 08:48 AM
Journeyman

kaptain Jack is on a distinguished road

Well said, Travis. I have posted WANTED several times and always had people come through, yesterday bought three FIRGELLIS from a member who replied to my posting.
Old 04-12-2016, 10:57 PM
Out of control

fhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by up9018 View Post
Well, I believe about 50% of the time the responder truly thinks they are helping out the O/P. Maybe they don't understand how the B/S/T forum was designed to work, or they truly think the O/P needs help finding the part anywhere.

The other 50% of the time it is the same smartass that will tell somebody "Google is your Friend" instead of just helping out. Those people just troll looking for somewhere to act superior to someone else. Really pisses me off because they wouldn't tell you the same face to face. That has become the problem with the internet these days.

Even though I haven't acquired or sold anything using it, I like the B/S/T forum. People just need to use it as intended.
Well said thanks for you opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptain Jack View Post
Well said, Travis. I have posted WANTED several times and always had people come through, yesterday bought three FIRGELLIS from a member who replied to my posting.

Good deal I am glade it worked out for you.

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11