RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment > Construction General Discussion

Construction General Discussion General questions

Old 02-07-2018, 07:41 PM
Apprentice

TheBennyB is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Rc4wd 870k wheel loader unboxing and review.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenny View Post
One thing I did with mine was protect the clear line from the tank. As it enters the body section it was rubbing on somewhat of a rough edge. A little file work and a rubber slip over boot, all good. Next will be bushings for the tilt pins.
Nice catch, mine's rubbing on the one side as well. Will get a file in there and give it some room.
Old 02-07-2018, 09:47 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Northern Farmer is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBennyB View Post
Nice catch, mine's rubbing on the one side as well. Will get a file in there and give it some room.
So far how you liking the loader ?
Old 02-07-2018, 10:48 PM
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Farmer View Post
So far how you liking the loader ?
Just arrived this afternoon. Only had it on the bench to change out battery connector, change some channels on the RX to my liking and start the one over on screws, fittings, and such. Drove it for functions test after changing channels and first impressions are great. 2nd gear is wicked fast, probably spend most time in 1st and locked diff 1st gears. She's a heavy girl, more than the 4200 by a bit, more in the lines of the Eagle dozer. Pump motor is noticeably louder than the dozer or 4200 even at 8% endpoint. So far I'm happy! Nice detailing and arrived without a scratch. May get in the dirt this weekend or next at the latest. Still frozen here though. Have the light kit to install at some point.

Last edited by TheBennyB; 02-07-2018 at 10:51 PM.
Old 02-08-2018, 01:17 AM
Apprentice

liftmys10 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Just arrived this afternoon. Only had it on the bench to change out battery connector, change some channels on the RX to my liking and start the one over on screws, fittings, and such. Drove it for functions test after changing channels and first impressions are great. 2nd gear is wicked fast, probably spend most time in 1st and locked diff 1st gears. She's a heavy girl, more than the 4200 by a bit, more in the lines of the Eagle dozer. Pump motor is noticeably louder than the dozer or 4200 even at 8% endpoint. So far I'm happy! Nice detailing and arrived without a scratch. May get in the dirt this weekend or next at the latest. Still frozen here though. Have the light kit to install at some point.
Congrats! Gotta make some videos. What hydraulic fluid are you using? If I recall I have 5% or 6% endpoint on the pump. What was it set by default?
Old 02-10-2018, 01:22 PM
Apprentice

I'm using the oil from RC4WD so far so good in my other machines. Right now I have mine at 8%. 6% seemed a bit slow for me. I think out of the box it was set at 60%! Good thing I checked before starting it up. Anyone have experience putting the light unit it? Know Frank has a vid or 2 but looking more for actual operation of changing the functions. If they are all cycled via the one switch, multiple inputs, etc? Also mine seems to be reversed cause i get backup lights and reverse beep sound when I get forward. I see 2 dip switches on the unit and was wondering if that could reverse anything. Rather not have to reverse the channel and reverse motor wiring but not that big a deal.
Old 02-10-2018, 04:09 PM
Apprentice

Quote:
Also mine seems to be reversed cause i get backup lights and reverse beep sound when I get forward. I see 2 dip switches on the unit and was wondering if that could reverse anything. Rather not have to reverse the channel and reverse motor wiring but not that big a deal.
I had a similar experience when I installed the beier sound card. The backup beep was going on when I traveled forward. So I ended up reversing the motor wiring and changed the rev/norm setting on the radio for the esc. Problem solved.
Old 02-13-2018, 10:52 PM
Apprentice

The RC4WD light kit has 2 dip switches. For giggles I switched both and it reversed the throttle setting just for the lights and reverse beep. Pretty cool that I didn't have to rewire the motor.
Old 02-14-2018, 04:49 AM

ditchdigger is on a distinguished road

Quote:
The RC4WD light kit has 2 dip switches. For giggles I switched both and it reversed the throttle setting just for the lights and reverse beep. Pretty cool that I didn't have to rewire the motor.
Those who are knowledgeable are the ones that learn by experience.
Old 02-14-2018, 01:48 PM
Green Horn

Cat966c is on a distinguished road

Would it be too much to ask for you to post a pic of the drive shaft and how it connects to the axles (if there’s any vertical angles in it)?
Old 02-15-2018, 08:49 PM
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat966c View Post
Would it be too much to ask for you to post a pic of the drive shaft and how it connects to the axles (if there’s any vertical angles in it)?
I'll get some pics this weekend, but it's horizontal.
Old 02-16-2018, 02:24 PM
Apprentice

jack van is on a distinguished road

so i have a question about hydro steering on the cylincer for the maachine on left side back of cylinder hose goes on fitting and there is a brass ring to hold it together well the pressure of the pump pushes hose of as soon as i turn is there a trick to this i do not know of lol.oh on my radio the factory settingwas at 100% on all in theend points excep ch 5 wich was 100% and 15% and ch 2 was 95% and 120% and ch 7 80% and 80% lol
Old 02-16-2018, 02:25 PM
Apprentice

i put my hydro pump ch 5 at 10% on both now hope that stop pushing line off
Old 02-16-2018, 03:35 PM
Green Horn

Cat966c is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I'll get some pics this weekend, but it's horizontal.
Cool, thanks man. What do you all mean about the pump and it going too hard? I thought the esc controlled that? Or do I need to control the speed through a switch on the transmitter and how do I do that if so?

Last edited by Cat966c; 02-16-2018 at 03:39 PM.
Old 02-16-2018, 04:57 PM
Wannabe

Rimrock is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack van View Post
so i have a question about hydro steering on the cylincer for the maachine on left side back of cylinder hose goes on fitting and there is a brass ring to hold it together well the pressure of the pump pushes hose of as soon as i turn is there a trick to this i do not know of lol.oh on my radio the factory settingwas at 100% on all in theend points excep ch 5 wich was 100% and 15% and ch 2 was 95% and 120% and ch 7 80% and 80% lol
Sometimes helps to cut off a bit of the hose, say 1/8" lenght, press it back on the fitting, hope for a tighter fit. Otherwise, some kind of clue maybe)
Old 02-16-2018, 05:14 PM
Apprentice

Remember that lowering the pump speed does not necessarily lower the pressure. In order to lower the pressure, you need to unscrew the pressure relief valve very slightly. Unfortunately the 870k does not come with a pressure gauge. So what I did was held the bucket down and try to lift my hand. Again keep in mind you'll be digging dirt and it does not weigh 70lbs (max lifting power) so lower the pressure relief valve to a point where you think that's plenty to carve into a dirt pile. Hope this makes sense. This will also prevent hoses from blowing off the nipples, lowers hydro temperature and wear. We aren't in a competition for heavy lifting. I actually lowered mine so much that it struggles sometimes when I'm trying to pull out a boulder. It makes it look and feel real. Just another tip, try to avoid extending and retracting the cylinders to the maximum travel. That way the pressure does not hit the hoses.

Last edited by liftmys10; 02-16-2018 at 05:37 PM.
Old 02-17-2018, 11:54 AM
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by liftmys10 View Post
Remember that lowering the pump speed does not necessarily lower the pressure. In order to lower the pressure, you need to unscrew the pressure relief valve very slightly. Unfortunately the 870k does not come with a pressure gauge. So what I did was held the bucket down and try to lift my hand. Again keep in mind you'll be digging dirt and it does not weigh 70lbs (max lifting power) so lower the pressure relief valve to a point where you think that's plenty to carve into a dirt pile. Hope this makes sense. This will also prevent hoses from blowing off the nipples, lowers hydro temperature and wear. We aren't in a competition for heavy lifting. I actually lowered mine so much that it struggles sometimes when I'm trying to pull out a boulder. It makes it look and feel real. Just another tip, try to avoid extending and retracting the cylinders to the maximum travel. That way the pressure does not hit the hoses.
Yes, adjusting pump motor speed is going effect flow, not pressure so much. When you are talking about a pressure relief valve, are you talking about the small screw on the fixture that holds the black relief tube off the fluid tank? Mine seems to either have to be tighten down or just spins pretty freely. Doesn't really seem to want to hold a position.
Old 02-17-2018, 12:59 PM
Apprentice

it is a crappy product thats all i can say DO NOT BUY ONE
Old 02-17-2018, 01:39 PM
Apprentice

I wouldn't go that far. I've only read a few cases of people having issues out of the box and for the most part they were corrected pretty quickly. Unfortunately sounds like you may received one that my have been overlooked at QC before it shipped out. I've had this happen to me on my Eagle Mach 4200. RC4WD was quick to send replacement parts and I had it operating smoothly pretty quickly. Since then I go directly to Tang at Eagle Mach and have had no problems with the Dozer and 870K I ordered from him.
Old 02-17-2018, 02:46 PM
Apprentice

nothing but crap and they never checked anything out not even once and i have to wait another month for parts such good service for what you pay for crap
Old 02-17-2018, 06:34 PM
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack van View Post
nothing but crap and they never checked anything out not even once and i have to wait another month for parts such good service for what you pay for crap
Everything is good but one fitting right? Once you get that fitting settled you'll be good to go?