RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > Hobby Shops > Precision Model Distributors (PMD)

Precision Model Distributors (PMD) Scale semi trucks,construction equiptment,parts & accessories

Old 10-15-2012, 04:25 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

BRICKNICK is on a distinguished road
Default Re: New Lowboy trailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihbuilder View Post
just from the machining and design stand point , 2 G for what's there , I see it . most ppl see the end result of all the hours of design/prototyping , setup and machining .
Yea that's were I'm clue less, I couldnt begin to understand the cost of the machining, I'm just thinking of it in a larger scale of manufacturing like tamiya, if they were to sell them at a lower rate they would easily sell more. But obviously they arent selling numbers anyway near tamiyas sales numbers. But I would never expect them to sell for less then cost or even close to cost. Everyone's gotta eat rite? See for me I just think that its expensive, cause I was assuming the cost to manufacture it would be around $500-$1000. Once again I'm clue less with the machining and probably way off with the estimated cost to manufacture them. So if guys like Steve and Russ say that the cost vs. Price is right, then I am for sure inclined to believe you guys. Thank you for informing me that I was way off.
Old 10-15-2012, 06:45 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Supermario is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACK Daddy View Post
You want a quality product that people will admire, than ya got to pay for it....Looking forward to getting my hands one one

I love it ric

Alfy
That's Right Alfy. In the Rc world, we ain't shopping at Wal Mart!! ...... Hmmm, because of the Rc.... I have to shop at Wal Mart! lol

Mario
Old 10-15-2012, 06:50 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stepside View Post
Here's my $.02

I agree, $2k is a lot of money. However, I always thought the same about getting a hydraulic excavator. At $5,000, I thought, no way I'd ever have one. Well, I've owned one for a few years now. I had to sell 5 trucks to get it, but I've got it and am now back to having 4 rigs. Expensive, absolutely, but never say never!
That's the problem Rod, a 2 grand low boy actually costs at least 7 grand! ... There's no way I would put a Bruder toy on a 2 grand low boy! It's gotta be a real RC on that deck man! Lol

Mario
Old 10-15-2012, 08:42 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Claus is on a distinguished road

Kind of like owning a dump trailer, next thing you know you need something to load the trailer.
Old 10-15-2012, 09:45 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claus View Post
Kind of like owning a dump trailer, next thing you know you need something to load the trailer.
Lol, yup. And the next thing you know, ya got an excavator a wheel loader, dump trailer.... Now ya need a big pile of dirt!.... Better yet, a basement to dig out
Not bustin your chops John ( lil giants ) love what you're doing! A true maverick of the RC world

Mario
Old 10-15-2012, 09:46 PM

sandfarmer is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Ooops! I got that one backwards...got something to load with but nothing to load...I need a dump trailer!
Old 02-05-2013, 05:48 PM
Green Horn

WhiteWolf McBride is on a distinguished road

Ric!

That looks sweet... but another query, about the outriggers (which look wider compared to the Tamiya/Wedico dropdecks) - Can they be retro'd to the other dropdecks?

Or is it my imagination, and its just the slots cut in the deck-wood making those extenders look wider than the Tamiya/Wedico dropdeck ones? Could always cheat mine the same way...

WhiteWolf
Old 02-05-2013, 06:21 PM
Green Horn

WhiteWolf McBride is on a distinguished road

ERF, no edit option.

Guess its my imagination, looked at a pic of the extenders on the new one side-by-side with the one on Garden Trucking, and can't tell the difference.

Gotta be the notched bed-wood thats fooling the eye. Will have to remember that trick.

WhiteWolf
Old 02-05-2013, 08:13 PM
Green Horn

ryman is on a distinguished road

Yes the extenders are the same ones on both trailers

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Riley
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 02-06-2013, 05:36 AM
Apprentice

D8R is on a distinguished road

When looking at the photos it lokk's like the hangers are wrongly placed on right hand side. What I have learned they should always be facing backwards, for safety reasons, never swing out against traffic. maybee they can be positioned both ways and just "happend" to be forward here.
Nice trailer but agree on most of you, a little 2 much $.
I will build one for my D8R and that will probably end up at 2 grand in cost but then it's so much bigger and a one off.
But I'm not supprized, there's a lot of money into hobbies these days. Remember when starting with us-trains in the 70's, had to import everything from states and could happily buy freightcars for $1 at Hobbies for men (not kidding, it was a train store).
Today people pays 30-45$ for each car and lacking all the fun detailing cars themselfes.
So I wish every manufactor success in the new offerings, it might wider the hobby and get more intrested in manufacturing other new stuffs to us who never will pay that money for a trailer.
Dan
Old 04-13-2013, 09:36 PM

Petedrivinman is on a distinguished road

This is one awesome looking lowboy
Old 03-10-2014, 12:20 AM

JDawg360 is on a distinguished road

You should let people set up an account so they can send payments and once they are paid in full you send out the trailer. I`d start paying right away.
Old 03-10-2014, 02:12 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDawg360 View Post
You should let people set up an account so they can send payments and once they are paid in full you send out the trailer. I`d start paying right away.
I doubt Ric wants to be the bank but I could be wrong.
Old 04-01-2014, 11:33 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

What's the chances of Ric doing this in Wedico scale? My Hillbilly truck wants one badly.
Old 04-05-2014, 02:21 PM

driveshaft is on a distinguished road

ya I can see why it is that much. but as someone that is new in the hobby and do not have a lot of money for it. a lot of the prices for trailers and trucks is just out of reach. so we are stuck having no trailer or one that is a kit that is no where near realistic looking.
Old 04-07-2014, 06:29 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

In these two photos I see one of the older lowboys Ric used to sell in the background. I like that style better as the neck looks like a Trail King.

Old 04-15-2014, 06:02 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

I talked to Ric today. He says He does not have any intentions of producing this in Wedico size. He also said He has two lowboys left, they have not been a big seller and is insure if He will make anymore of them.
Old 04-15-2014, 07:00 PM
Apprentice

cabs is on a distinguished road

I wish they were @1500. I'd have one on the way. They are awesome in person
Old 04-15-2014, 09:17 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabs View Post
I wish they were @1500. I'd have one on the way. They are awesome in person

If they looked right behind a Wedico I would have one on the way, I think the price tag is something you would get over after having the lowboy. I know it's expensive but I think you would not miss the $500 difference in a short time.
Old 02-06-2015, 12:59 PM
Apprentice

jack van is on a distinguished road
Talking Re: New Lowboy trailer

Quote:
I talked to Ric today. He says He does not have any intentions of producing this in Wedico size. He also said He has two lowboys left, they have not been a big seller and is insure if He will make anymore of them.
maybe list price is high but could be that he wants to make all costs back in as few trailers as possiblr instead of haveing to make so many models