RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's General Discussion. > General Discussion

General Discussion A place to post off topic discussions.

Old 01-03-2018, 03:37 PM

sassgrunt is on a distinguished road
Default Sliding fifth wheel

I've been waiting for somebody to produce one of these for some time. I like it, and am willing to pay the $100 price, but an additional $40 for shipping is unreasonable. I will hope that it becomes more affordable as it gets further into the market, and I'll get one then. https://www.ebay.com/itm/The-new1-14...IAAOSwKQ9aTO5v
Old 01-03-2018, 07:13 PM
On Leave

Cossett is a jewel in the roughCossett is a jewel in the roughCossett is a jewel in the roughCossett is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Sliding fifth wheel

Have a good google and search ebay there is another on that came out awhile ago that ive seen people use not sure on its price ............
Not sure who had it but one of the members here fitted one on his truck

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-03-2018, 11:51 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Northern Farmer is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: Sliding fifth wheel

Looks good. Here’s another option that’s half the cost.

http://www.rigidrc.com/shop/fifth-wh...114-truck.html

Old 01-05-2018, 01:07 AM
On Leave

Cossett is a jewel in the roughCossett is a jewel in the roughCossett is a jewel in the roughCossett is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Farmer View Post
Looks good. Here’s another option that’s half the cost.

http://www.rigidrc.com/shop/fifth-wh...114-truck.html

Yes that the one I was thinking of and wouldnt be that hard to fit a micro screw drive to make it hands free...

Old 01-05-2018, 04:04 PM

Thank you for the link to other options out there. The link to the eBay one I posted also showed pictures of the same fifth wheel with longer slider rails. I wrote and asked them how much that one was, and they quoted me $100 for the shorter set and $145 for the longer set, (and still $40 for shipping on top of that for either one). Sorry, but that's half the cost of a new truck kit. I will wait until they figure out that they aren't going to sell any at those prices. Thank you again.
Old 03-03-2018, 11:35 PM

As an update, (and also as a warning to others who might be considering it), I went to the Rigid RC site link, and bought the sliding/oscillating fifth wheel here: http://www.rigidrc.com/shop/fifth-wh...114-truck.html
Delivery took about a month, and I just installed it today. The quality of the parts if first rate, and the slider works smoothly and locks in position securely. My issue with it is the dimensions of the kingpin and fifth wheel slot. The Tamiya kingpin does NOT fit this fifth wheel, (it is too tall and the diameter of the head is about 0.050" too wide). I also tried a Scale Art kingpin, and that does not fit this fifth wheel either. The Wedico kingpin is far too large to work with it, and I don't have a Robbe or Carson trailer to try on it.
So, while it IS good that they enclose a kingpin that works with their fifth wheel, what it means for me is that I can fit up ONE trailer to work with it. A trailer so equipped won't work with a Tamiya fifth wheel on another tractor, and I won't have the option of using other trailers with this tractor. I can learn to live with that, but am just disappointed that Rigid RC didn't design it to work with a Tamiya-size kingpin.
Old 03-08-2018, 09:41 AM

ittigger is on a distinguished road

Sucks that they don't make it so it's compatible.

I also like the sliding tandems. I've seen them somewhere.