RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment > Construction Companies & Worksites

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-13-2012, 04:01 PM
Journeyman

tracksntreadslou is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Logging & Construction Equipment

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc13 View Post
Hello, I love the grapple and the thumbs on your equipment from the beginning of this thread. Very nice!. A grapple for one of my loaders and a thumb for my excavator is definitely a future addition for me.
Thanks for sharing,
Eddie
Thanks Eddie ...I find I use the thumb quite alot for moving the bigger rock..comes in pretty handy...around these parts almost all the forestry and road builders have them..as for my grapple someday I hope to add another valve and find some small cylinders for the close

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Giants View Post
Good work on the scale trommel Lou.

The conveyers have always been the hang up for me to get anywhere with building one myself.. I like your splice. Did you mill slots in aluminum plate, then formed it? I have some belting, I tried to use tarp tape for the splice, but it kept stretching & loosing belt tension. I'm going to try your idea.. what thickness of plate did you use?

How many ounces of gold did your father mine in his lifetime?
Thanks Joe...Im thinking 14 gauge aluminum ..Bendable by hand anyway ..Yes I used my dandy little Proxom and milled slots into a folded piece then took a sharp awl and worked a round hole threw the batch the diameter of the cable..once the slots are milled out the aluminum is pretty workable ..

Joe ..Im guessing maybe a total of about 200 ounces..the last year he worked it they did fairly good at close to 100 but gold prices were only about $600
My brother is trying to talk me into going up next summer now that my Dad has passed on ..I did run the plant the first year ..Maybe we should give those guys a holler at the discovery channel lol Very intresting work

Heres a couple more that i took when I up there working