RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Tech section. > Truck Building Tech

Truck Building Tech Covers mechanical and electrical components for truck modeling

Old 09-09-2010, 10:03 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

SmallHaul will become famous soon enoughSmallHaul will become famous soon enough
Default Suspension modifications

Well, I spent about 2 hours or so messing with the stock tamiya rear suspension om my Mack DT trying to get better articulation using the stock parts and gave up. The stock suspension setup on these rigs is terrible, lol!

Are there any cool tricks to getting better articulation using mostly stock parts or do you have to just redo the whole setup to make it better?

"No load is too Small"
Old 09-09-2010, 10:42 PM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation
Default Re: Suspension modifications

http://www.scale4x4rc.org/forums/sho...=25724&page=19

Go to reply #276...

I later change the suspension back to stock form b/c of the intershaft between the diffs fell out one too many times & I couldn't find all the pieces in the basement, but I later noticed in one of Freddy's builds something that would work perfectly! Cut the dog bone shaft in half, use a Jug universal joint (just like the driveshafts in the F350) to secure one end of the intershaft to one diff & the dog bone & cup to float in the other diff.

(pics would help, I know, but I don't have any on hand & my internet is really slow tonite to look thru Freddy's threads for it)

I'll probably change back my white tractor to this setup again this winter... oodles of articulation!