RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment > Construction Companies & Worksites

Old 04-10-2018, 09:45 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Cooper is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Great Dane excavating co.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9W Monighan View Post
Ahh pinion wire is so nice to turn on the lathe isn't it.
Ha, yeah, had my no-spill oil can vibrate off top of lathe and splatter oil all over,, but after coming to a rest it did not spill any . Just no smooth cut anyway possible with that. Parting tool made me nervous also .
Old 04-10-2018, 08:48 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Just had to see if it looks the part nex to haul truck.
Old 04-10-2018, 09:23 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

And started running hydraulic lines and fittings. This piece I’m using for transitioning from hidden lines to visually lines. Using the frame parts to pass lines through. In the background the same part is installed on loader but doesn’t have threads cut. The small holes are for cover plate to be installed last when I get to body work.
Old 04-10-2018, 11:57 PM
Apprentice

jack van is on a distinguished road

seeing next to the truck is very nice but you need second loader so you can load from both sides that is a BIG truck
Old 04-11-2018, 10:11 AM
Craftsman

modelman is on a distinguished road

Nice work Cooper-when I saw the first pics of the loader I thought it was huge but I didn't realize how big your truck was. Looks like they go together perfectly. Good job.
Old 04-11-2018, 04:40 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

�� two of them are being built

Yea, she is going to move some material. Will take the strain off the excavatorloading the haul truck in 30 min. ����

Working on hardlines. One isn’t too bad but the replication is a bit difficult with my backyard bending tools

Old 04-14-2018, 05:04 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Soldering up hardlines and my pressure testing Air compressor only goes to 125psi but can show me any spots I may have missed soldering , just using soapy water.
Old 04-23-2018, 07:48 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Finally got some of the upper deck done. Don’t know if my internet is weak or if computer is lacking on the number crunching power, probably the computer. But struggled with the profile on this. Pattern, trim, dimensions,, computer just didn’t want to work for this one.

And it’s spring time so I had a chance to play with one of the scale trucks. Well lardass wanted to,,,,

Got to keep it on the ridiculous side.
Old 04-23-2018, 08:26 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Bo Wallen is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: Great Dane excavating co.

Good job right there......except Lardass is to big.....overload and some 11&00's is missing in your computer.....other than that it's ridiculous enough for me ;o) Carry on Sir I'm watching !
Old 04-23-2018, 08:26 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

frizzen is on a distinguished road

Wow. This is really coming together great.

I dunno what's more impressive: scratchbuilt hydraulic cylinders running on perfume, or the texturing on the deck plate.

The cat seems to think your toyota needs helper springs
Old 04-23-2018, 09:25 PM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation

Are you not done yet?!

Joe
Old 04-23-2018, 09:27 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Lol,,, the bottle that holds my leak finder was donated by my wife,,, she has not noticed it missing in the last 5 years!! Lol!! All the times I have old , almost empty windex, some sort of spray bottle and not one around when I needed it !! So next best thing,, although she has been encroaching on my man cave lately,,, may have to make her slightly unhappy with me ,, then she will not invade my space . But that is a razor blade ,,, just one sliver too much and it backfires!! Lol!! Naa, she’s been pretty supportive of this,, I’m not getting knocked out or any broken bones so she likes me doing this. . The texture would have been a bit more detailed but like I said , computer was not making it easy. Maybe next years project will get a computer upgrade.
Old 04-23-2018, 09:32 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Giants View Post
Are you not done yet?!
Uhh, almost . Yeah, I definitely did not take into consideration the time spent on learning and computer design!! Hats off to them programmers!! And I’ve had a good bit of time to devote to this so far!! I do have all electronics and hydraulic system set up. Have not found the final resting place for them. Want to wait till I get the back cover somewhat done to decide exactly where everything will live.

Oh and it doesn’t help that I am still amazed by watching the cnc machine so it’s thing,,, it’s supposed to be a time saver and I just watch , mesmerized!! Time not well spent
Old 04-23-2018, 09:59 PM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
Oh and it doesn’t help that I am still amazed by watching the cnc machine do it’s thing,,, it’s supposed to be a time saver and I just watch , mesmerized!! Time not well spent
Yeah, I'd be totally doing that too.

Joe
Old 04-24-2018, 11:59 PM
Apprentice

jack van is on a distinguished road

we need to get you a set of blockers like they have for horses in traffic lol
Old 04-25-2018, 04:28 AM
Green Horn

Hofabooz is on a distinguished road

Hi

All the work to your high standard as usual looking great.
The top deck looks great love the finish on it.
Were you using fusion on line or offline.
You can have the files locally which can remove internet problems I use this feature when travelling with my laptop and fusion
It also protects you from the internet being down.
PM me if you want further details

Mark

Over the Pond in the UK

Member of Ribble Valley Radio Controlled Truck Club

my weather station
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 04-25-2018, 12:25 PM

Wiskybilt is on a distinguished road

If the nc file is to big for your mill, what I do is drip feed the mill from my desk top.
Old 04-25-2018, 03:11 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

I can run 999,999 lines of code in the mill. The issue I have been encountering is in design software. Well it’s not the design software it’s my hardware. I’ve been finding that my $200 computer has its limitations. It’s been fine for most of what I done so far with fusion 360. But some issues in past that I just assumed were my ignorance are revealing to be processing power of computer. Specifically the gpu or graphics driver. And having a lot of dimensions or model points intensifies the lack of kernels. So I’ve been working around that by using patterns and splitting some operations. Once it gets to the mill I’m good to go. So before long I guess I need to postpone the laptop and get a new desktop. Or a laptop that can handle the requirements. This machineing is a vicious circle of learning, spending, realizing how much I don’t know, having to learn, a bit more spending, more learning, ,,,, but before long I will be able to sit in my lawn chair with cooler next to me , a battery pack and transmitter , hide from the world and play in the dirt !!! That’s my therapy, r&r , vent, that makes it all worth while
Old 05-08-2018, 10:28 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

JAMMER is on a distinguished road

Hi DB do not get a laptop to run your mill if you do you will be unhappy with thew results I tried that my desk top has an 8 core with 60 gigs of ram in it it's fast but some times it isn't fast enough. I do cad on it and transfer it to the computer on the mill witch is a lot smaller. Ed
Old 05-24-2018, 03:36 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMMER View Post
Hi DB do not get a laptop to run your mill if you do you will be unhappy with thew results I tried that my desk top has an 8 core with 60 gigs of ram in it it's fast but some times it isn't fast enough. I do cad on it and transfer it to the computer on the mill witch is a lot smaller. Ed
ed, the mill has its own controller or computer, the computer I use is my desktop that was a cheep home computer, nothing special. I use it for the design and cam generation only. copy to a usb stick and take over to mill and load it to mill computer. sometimes I have noticed the mill controller may not show the correct numbers in the dro field, but that only did it when I had a program with over 300,000 lines of code. program ran fine, I think it was just a display issue.

as far as the computer issue I know my inexpensive desktop is not up to the task of the assembly files I have in fusion 360. so that is where I am , shopping for a more powerful computer to use for design and cam. and now that I have some knowledge of this cnc stuff I realize most of my time is spent on computer, the part I don't like but as I said before when its mill time I stay and watch like an amazed little kid!!