RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment > Construction Companies & Worksites

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-31-2019, 10:59 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Cooper is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Great Dane excavating co.

Thanks joe, you know me, I'm always doing the things the hard way, look at it, study it, think about it, build it, then realize why it doesn't work, then read some info pertaining to it, then figure out how to make it work. .

The hard part for me is trying to figure out how to machine it , keeping in mind mating surfaces and allowing for surfaceing. (Also with dimensions of applicable materials that I have or easily obtain. Trying to keep my tollarances of +\- .001. That's on the radial side of things. Axial sides should a lapped surface.

As far as flow increase, the fittings are still less than .125". But larger than the 4mm hose fittings. I didn't take exact measurements of them but that will be the smallest diameter that oil passes. That's why I just redneck engineered (eyeballed) my non existent math . And similar to original valve all mating surfaces get an o ring for sealing. The valve and valve housing is where I need to get a tight fit. I plan on making the rotary valve part one piece, nesting it inside the housing and then surface grinding. Probably going to use the parts against each other to achieve a lapped fit. (Only for the top of rotary valve and valve housing. Then flip them into a fixture and surface both parts to achieve exact same heights. At least it looks that way from the back of my eyelids .