RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Tech section. > Electronics tech

Electronics tech Anything to do with the electronics in a model. Lights, Radio, ESC, Servo, Basic electrical.

Old 11-07-2017, 11:51 AM

scottyk is on a distinguished road
Default Advice on picking a sound/light/smoke module?

Hi everyone, I am interested in picking up a electronic controller to install on my Mack dump truck project. I want it to control all the LED lights, have decent sound, and I also have a smoke system I would like to control with it if thats realistic. I have seen some videos of the beier brand module in some vehicles and those seem very nice!

This would be my first time using a module like this and I will be using a Taranis Tx so I will have plenty of extra channels, it would be nice to have the option to turn off the smoke system in case I run out of fluid or just dont want to fill it up. I would like to have something with decent instructions and/or customer support in case I have questions.

Any recommendations?
Old 03-22-2018, 10:59 PM

Lloyd is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Advice on picking a sound/light/smoke module?

I have used the tamiya Mfc-01 for a tamiya grand hauler. This is my first build. This unit has sound and light control. I an very happy with it, in fact surprised with the quality and control, as I have no previous experience in building 1/14 scale truck. There is a lot to place in the cab (wires ,large speaker, but sounds great.). I was unable to add driver and seats, dash and steering wheel went in ok. To this I added a wireless ob1 v3.1m in the cab and a v3.1s to the flat bed trailer. This eliminated the wire between tractor and trailer. These units give many extra out puts for led lights in both the tractor and trailer. In short I an 100 percent satisfied with all components the smoke unit I am looking for ideas
Old 03-23-2018, 02:33 AM
Wannabe

Rimrock is on a distinguished road

There are different smoke generators on the market. Problem with many of them is that they don't make enough smoke) Search for 'rc smoke generator' at ebay. There is a guy in Austraila that makes some that seems pretty powerful
Old 03-23-2018, 10:17 AM

Lloyd is on a distinguished road

if the tamiya Mfc does not have enough aux ports ( for LEDs ) you can get an ob1 unit for just the main unit (vs3.1) this is a better price.
Old 03-23-2018, 11:09 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

skeeter is on a distinguished road

G.T.Power makes a MFU kit that's available on Evilbay for around $61.oo. Mine SHOULD be delivered any day now. When it gets here, & I get er installed, I'll be sure topost a review in my Construction Company thread.
Old 03-23-2018, 03:17 PM

scottyk is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeter View Post
G.T.Power makes a MFU kit that's available on Evilbay for around $61.oo. Mine SHOULD be delivered any day now. When it gets here, & I get er installed, I'll be sure topost a review in my Construction Company thread.
Sounds great! I'll be watching for it. Im leaning toward a Beier sound module and just using channel mixing on my radio to control the smoke. I have a smoke module already that I am going to use a esc to control amount of smoke. But I would like to have it programmed with the sound module to be in harmony with the truck starting and stuff, I think that would be super cool.
Old 03-23-2018, 08:04 PM

ramjetexpress is on a distinguished road

I have the GT Power lighting system for mine , it's not installed yet but I have one on one of my 1/10 cars and its simple to install and works great . I also have a ESS-ONE for sound , lots of programmable sounds . Smoke ?? most of the ones I have seen in use don't interest me for two reasons , it seems to trickle out no matter what speed your going . It would be cooler if it had a fan that sped up with the truck . I was looking at one with a fan but I cannot remember who made it .

On a side note the MFU is a bit pricey for me and every-one I've heard sounds identical

just my 2 cents
Old 03-24-2018, 02:59 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

skeeter is on a distinguished road

I have used the ESS1+ on two builds. I chose the G.T.Power this time around for more sound options.