RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment

Construction Equipment If it digs, pushes, hauls dirt "off road" post it here.

Old 06-01-2021, 09:31 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

skeeter is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 3D Filament color match to Bruder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddmckee54 View Post
I ordered a spool of the "scarlet", but I think I may have screwed up on who I ordered it from, because it's not even close to the sample. I'll use it somewhere, I'm printing out parts for stuff in my shop so I can use it there. Dust collector parts, CNC router parts, little stuff like that.

I did order another spool of the CoexLLC "scarlet red", I made sure I was ordering from the right place this time, but it hasn't arrived yet. I don't want to open the vacuum packs until I'm ready to use the filament, but I REALLY want to see how close a match I get when I print something. I suppose this is just one more justification for buying one of those vacuum pack food-savers. I mean protecting your filament is a really GOOD reason - right?

Don
YEPPERS! That filament oz for ounce cost more than do most foods! Protecting the investment in filament sounds like a good enough reason to buy a vacuume saver to me.
Old 06-02-2021, 11:05 AM
Green Horn

ddmckee54 is on a distinguished road

I got to looking through the Pantone color chart, searching for a close match to the Bruder color, and then searched for a filament with that color. Here's the Pantone color chart: https://www.pantone.com/color-finder I think the 3546 C is a close match to the Bruder red, and I'm thinking that the 7549 C might be a good match for the Bruder yellow used on thier construction equipment. What do you guys think?

Matterhackers has a Pantone 3546 C red that looks pretty close to the Bruder red, and The also have a Pantone 7549 C that could be a match to the Bruder yellow. I asked if it would be possible to get a sample of both the red and the yellow. I think I've asked Matterhackers for samples before but I don't remember for sure.

Don
Old 06-13-2021, 10:56 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Unboxing the newest addition to the fleet!
www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLFmFX991yo
Old 06-25-2021, 05:17 PM
Green Horn

For you guys on the Eastern side of the pond, I found a reference in thingiverse for a filament that looks good.https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3308068

It's 3dk.berlin Dahlia yellow filament and looks to be a good match for Bruder yellow.

I've contacted them about USA sellers, and/or cost for shipping to the Western side of the pond - I'll let you know what I find out.

Don
Old 09-17-2021, 04:57 PM
Green Horn

Been a while since I updated this thread.

Matterhackers was a no on the samples. They did recently list a Pantone red that MIGHT be close, I pulled the trigger on a spool of that color. There's another Pantone red color that might also be close. I'll see how close the color of first spool gets, that'll let me know how close my monitor is to the Pantone color codes and how far out of whack my MK. I eyeball is.

I got an answer back from 3dk.berlin about the Dahlia yellow, no US sellers - but they'd be more than happy to ship to the US. Looks like the price would be about $40-$50 for 1KG plus shipping - which isn't really that far out of line depending on the shipping. I REALLY have to remember to stop at the UPS store and find out what the approximate shipping would be.

Don
Old 09-20-2021, 11:08 PM
Green Horn

OKEEY-DOKEE, the Matterhackers spool of red arrived today, it's Pantone 3546 C. It's a nice red, but it's not really a close match. It's too something, bright might be the best word. It's more of a Radio-Flyer, little red wagon color. It's a nice color and I'll definitely make stuff out of it, just not the parts I want to make.

Looking at the Pantone color chart, the Pantone 3517 C color looks like it might be a good match. The only problem is that nobody makes a filament in that particular color. Pantone 199 C is darker yet, and also looked like a possibility. I even found vendors that offer that color. Unfortunately e-sun is one of those vendors and they call that color Fire Engine Red. Been there, ordered that, and I've got the spool in my stash of reds - it's too dark. Most of the "red" filaments appear to be close to if not the same color as Pantone 3546 C. I need something about halfway in between Pantone 3546 C and 199 C.

I stopped at the UPS store to find out how much it would cost to ship a 1 Kg package from my house to Berlin. I figured that if it wasn't too outrageous I'd go ahead and pull the trigger on a spool of Dahlia Yellow from 3DK.BERLIN. I knew it would be expensive, but almost $150 for shipping? I don't think so Tim. I'll swing by the post office sometime and see what their rates would be.

The search continues.

Don

Last edited by ddmckee54; 09-20-2021 at 11:14 PM.
Old 11-21-2021, 09:23 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
OKEEY-DOKEE............................................. ..
I stopped at the UPS store to find out how much it would cost to ship a 1 Kg package from my house to Berlin. I figured that if it wasn't too outrageous I'd go ahead and pull the trigger on a spool of Dahlia Yellow from 3DK.BERLIN. I knew it would be expensive, but almost $150 for shipping? I don't think so Tim. I'll swing by the post office sometime and see what their rates would be.

The search continues.

Don

WOWZERS! 150 for shipping is insane!
Old 03-23-2022, 12:25 PM
Green Horn

The Matterhacker's Pantone 3546C is about as close of a match as I can find to the Bruder red, but it only comes in a 0.75Kg spool.

I said I wasn't going to do it again, but I ordered ANOTHER spool of a different shade of red hoping for the best. This time it was Paramount's "Iron Red", there was no joy in Mudville as I struck out again - more of a red wine color.

Coex has a different shade of yellow, "Green Bay yellow" that I've requested a sample of. It's darker than their True yellow, but lighter than their "Construction yellow", so it MIGHT be a close match to the Bruder yellow. The Bruder yellow is darker the the spool of "True yellow" that I've got, and lighter than the "Construction yellow" sample that I've got - might be as close a match as I'll find.

Don
Old 03-25-2022, 12:26 PM
Green Horn

I got the sample of "Green Bay" yellow from COEX yesterday. The Green Bay yellow and the Construction yellow kind of fall on opposite sides of the spectrum to the yellow that Bruder uses. The green Bay is too light and actually has an orangish tint to it, while the Construction yellow is too dark and has a bit of a brown tint. Of the 2 colors, I think Construction yellow will be the winner - IF they still make it. But I think they do, the last time I looked on-line it was still available.

I found that Paramount's Pantone 3546C is an almost exact match to the Bruder red, it's a bit lighter, but it's only available in 0.75Kg spools. I had a spool of Paramount's Enzo red and really liked it. I liked it so much I used it on other projects to the point where, when I got done printing the last part I only had about 6" of filament left. When I tried ordering another roll, I found that they were no longer offering that color. I later found out that they had so many requests that they made more of the color - but they gave it a different name. (Maybe Ferrari had a hissy-fit about the Enzo red?) I'll stick with the Pantone 3546C, it'll ALWAYS be Pantone 3546C.

The roll of Scarlet that I ordered from COEX did not match the Scarlet sample that I got from them. At first I thought I screwed up and ordered the wrong color, so I ordered ANOTHER roll. I didn't screw up, apparently they changed their color formula. For a while EVERYTHING got printed in Scarlet, I finally got both rolls used up.

Don

Last edited by ddmckee54; 03-25-2022 at 12:31 PM.
Old 04-08-2022, 09:14 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
For a while EVERYTHING got printed in Scarlet, I finally got both rolls used up.
LOL!

I know that feeling. More than once I forgot that i already ordered a spool, & clicked to order another one.
Old 04-08-2022, 04:30 PM
Green Horn

Yup, I've got most of a roll of "Iron Red" to use up. And then an unopened roll of "True Yellow" that I'll have to use for something.

You gotta wonder who comes up with these names. And if they were drunk, or stoned when they came up with them. I can almost see them now, sitting around in a circle, passing a fat one around, when someone yells... "OOH. OOH, I got one."