RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > R/C Truck's Manufacturers/Venders/Retailers > Scale Products Industry

Old 03-05-2017, 09:49 AM

Doggy is on a distinguished road
Default Recent news

Hi guys, long time no write. I had a big change in life as I moved to a new city and started working in a new company. Maybe some of you hear about it, Rimac automobili, we make the worlds fastest electric hypercar, cool electric Greyp bikes, and a lot of other cool stuff for many other car companies.

So I started this thread to serve as a place where I will put recent stuff I am working on, and all of you can post your comments and suggestions. Something like a coffe chat place

I rented a garage, so as soon as I find some time, I will start decorating to suite the hobby . I cant wait to start building something cool again.

Right now I have to focus my free time on a Volvo FMX truck I am making, and I hope to have it operational in a month or two. After 1 year I spent on the 3D design to make it more detailed than anything out there, constantly changing and improving the design, I finally decided to print the first "complete" version and assemble it. I am still undecided if I want to glue the parts, or use nuts and bolts to assemble it, so for now its mix of both, but mostly uses bolts and nuts, as its more fun and gives you a chance to swap parts later.
There are still interior and many small details to finish, but I will wait until I finish the chassis, as I still dont have the layout for the motor and transmission, and I am not sure if I will have to make a custom transmission too.

Here are just a few photos what I have so far.

Cabin model I have so far. Will need many small details as the real thing, but the basics are here. Still need to make a tool to form glass panels.

Printed version. I used brass hinges for the doors, as all printed ones I tried were just too big and not scale enough. These look just like the real deal. You can also open the hood ( bonnet). When the rails are finished, I will make tilt cab mounts and mounts for the bumper. Final bumper will be metal, fixed on the rails, and all the plastics will be bolted on it.

This is something how a finish version should look like when I finish all. It will be 8x6 just like the real one.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 03-21-2017, 11:21 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Northern Farmer is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: Recent news

Very cool
Old 03-21-2017, 11:45 PM
Apprentice

jack van is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Recent news

will this be a dumper or flatbed with highhab hehe
Old 03-22-2017, 03:45 AM

Doggy is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Recent news

Still don't know. When I finish the truck, i will start making attachments. Dumper will probably be the first choice, then hook lift, and after 3 side tipper. Its a slow build as I dont want a one off truck, but a series production ready chassis.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.