RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Vehicles Picture Gallery > 1:1 Your Semi's,Trucks and Equipment

1:1 Your Semi's,Trucks and Equipment Here is a spot to share your 1:1 that you drive and or operate.

Old 06-26-2017, 11:49 PM
Administrator

Lil Giants is a jewel in the roughLil Giants is a jewel in the roughLil Giants is a jewel in the roughLil Giants is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Something new to rc

Finished in crop spraying Tuesday, finally... here's what remains of $100k of chemical used.

Joe
Old 07-05-2017, 11:26 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

doodlebug is on a distinguished road

That's a whole lot of lunch money!
Cheers!
Old 07-28-2017, 06:08 PM
Green Horn

Efroeh is on a distinguished road

How's the crops looking out your way Joe?
Old 09-11-2017, 11:31 PM
Administrator

Lil Giants is a jewel in the roughLil Giants is a jewel in the roughLil Giants is a jewel in the roughLil Giants is a jewel in the rough

Finished up my durum yesterday, still have yellow flax to do in maybe 2 weeks (I hope), then I'm done done! Big change over last yr! I worked by myself for much of harvest, this tandem/pup worked really well, heaped is about 1400 bushel... usually dumped it 4x a day.

This Spring went from crazy wet during planting to bone dry in less than a month & virtually no rain all summer... I say virtually b/c the tenth here & two tenths there was never enough to soak up the ground to make it muddy... wicked compaction created by both the tire tracks of the sprayer & tractor/seed cart lead to patchy crop germination throughout all my durum, the durum was seeded at a depth of 1,5". My peas were seeded nearly twice as deep @3" & no issues; the yellow flax @0,5", 1st 350ac came up great - last 250ac I sprayed out early July b/c germination was 20-30% & I don't need any additional weed populations than I already have

As dry as it has been, crop volume is about one third of last yr, BUT quality is near perfect! Now if the price would reflect that it would be a great yr... apparently much of Europe & Russia are pulling in bumper crops - keeping the price down below last yr's levels.

Joe
Old 09-12-2017, 08:11 PM
Administrator

Got a new piece of equipment for the farm today.

Joe
Old 09-28-2017, 11:10 PM
Administrator

Today's good fun on the farm

This half section native pasture is 2 miles straight south of my farm... the guy that rents this, he's another 1,5 mile south. He calls me July 20th to say 12 cow/calf pairs (out of 35) were at his front door that morning This bog has been so full of water the last decade that the cows never ventured into it... but this summer with zero rainfall, now the bog has dried up quite a bit & the fence is on the ground that far in. Today I put in two 8" diameter x 8' length post here & on the other side (had to drive 3/4 mile east to get around to other side). Probably December, after the temps have been -20's for a few weeks, hopefully the bog is frozen so I can unroll 3 strands of wire with my quad... not sure yet what use for posts, probably steel T bar.

Joe