RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Kings of the Road > Highway Trucks and Trailers

Highway Trucks and Trailers On road trucks and trailers single and twin axle trucks.

Old 06-02-2011, 02:05 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Stuff is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Silverado Dually in 1/14

wow at the progress
Subscribe!!
My Facebook -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 06-02-2011, 02:59 PM
Wannabe

skl1cent is on a distinguished road

thats really coool man looks goood

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 06-03-2011, 04:58 PM

mototodo is on a distinguished road

Nice work. That's going to be a long pickup.
Old 06-05-2011, 08:18 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

BRICKNICK is on a distinguished road

You gotta love the duely pickups with 11x22.5 low pros, lowerd, they look amazing. Nice job on an original and ball busting build. I give it 2 thumbs up.
Old 06-14-2011, 08:48 PM
It's a dry 115 degrees.

SonoranWraith is on a distinguished road

Ok so my problem was the length between the rear wheel well and bumper. The dually has the long bed and the model is a short bed and the added length is on both ends of the bed. I added too much to front and trimmed that down but now it is time to do the rear.

Stock model:

Some hours with sewing thread and....

Here is where I have scaled to now:

Does this look good? It is to scale, but it seems like I won't have quite enough room for the dually fender before taillight. Also it might be hard to tell from the pics, but all the body lines are out of alignment now. Not to mention even when I do get it back together I will cut the taillights out! LOL This is turning into a huge PIA. Thanks for looking.
Old 06-14-2011, 09:05 PM
Out of control

fhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud of

Just my opinion but you shold have cut it just behind the wheel well and extened it there where the pannel has less curve to the body line and made it esier to blend. As you have it cut now you only have one way to go strait back and no room to blend.
Just my $.02

Travis

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11
Old 06-14-2011, 09:10 PM
It's a dry 115 degrees.

SonoranWraith is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhhhstix View Post
Just my opinion but you shold have cut it just behind the wheel well and extened it there where the pannel has less curve to the body line and made it esier to blend. As you have it cut now you only have one way to go strait back and no room to blend.
Just my $.02

Travis
I considered that but in stock form the existing wheel well flare went all the way to the rear corner and in long bed form it does not. I am planning to make the flat section near the taillight only and hide the rest behind the dually fender. meh.
Old 11-17-2011, 02:53 PM
Apprentice

SWAGGER is on a distinguished road

Ha! What a coincidence! I was doing the grocery shopping today and they had these NewBright trucks for sale. I had never heard of them before. They had a Ford F150 and a Jeep Wrangler, so I bought the Jeep as a Christmas present for my nephew and then I come home and find this build thread. It's huge, check out the size of it against my Knight Hauler!

BTW, seriously great work here cutting and stretching the body. I can't wait to see the final result. Very clever work on the wheels/tyres too. Keep up the great work man!