RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Clubs/Groups and Events > Central Plains Mini Truckers Club

Old 02-07-2013, 07:37 PM
Journeyman

rockNmayhem is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Kansas show April 19-21 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzy View Post
been keeping an eye on this. i am working on being there. i have an excavator, wheel loader,and dumper. if things work out i'll have some fun in town in kansas .
Sounds great, like I've said before we'll have plenty of room for all the toys to run them all. Bring what ya can and we'll make sure you have plenty of dirt, gravel, sand or whatever you wanna haul here to work with.

I'm looking at having my loader finished by the show so I'll be with ya in the dirt with the tractor and loader once its finished.

Keep em coming guys and I'll keep adding to the show.

Tyler
Old 02-07-2013, 08:29 PM
Green Horn

Dairyland Trucker is an unknown quantity at this point

Well I guess we will have to break in the new cargo trailer I just bought Monday!!!
Old 02-17-2013, 07:21 AM
Journeyman

Well guys a quick update I received from Scott yesterday about the truck show. He has been in contact with several big truck customizers and has word that atleast two are coming to the show. Both Chrome Shop Mafia out of Missouri and Wilkins Truck Supply from Oklahoma are coming to the show. They are planning to bring several of their custom builds and some custom parts with them for every body to drool over. Sounds like this just keeps growing in size and if we keep adding trucks too this sounds like a great show.

Tyler
Old 02-17-2013, 08:05 AM
Dairyland trucker's right hand man.

dabears is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockNmayhem View Post
Well guys a quick update I received from Scott yesterday about the truck show. He has been in contact with several big truck customizers and has word that atleast two are coming to the show. Both Chrome Shop Mafia out of Missouri and Wilkins Truck Supply from Oklahoma are coming to the show. They are planning to bring several of their custom builds and some custom parts with them for every body to drool over. Sounds like this just keeps growing in size and if we keep adding trucks too this sounds like a great show.

Tyler
Sweet!!!
Old 02-18-2013, 07:33 AM

bigmudbronco is on a distinguished road

This keeps getting better and better!!! I better get to building!
Old 02-19-2013, 08:18 PM
Journeyman

Well guys a few questions for everyone attending the show. It has come to my attention that we can be setup in a couple of locations during the weekend and I need to see what everybody would be interested in.

Saturday is the day of the main truck show from 9AM-3PM at the truck stop and surrounding area. Scott would like for us to have some interaction during the show if we could.

Weather pertaining he would like for us to have an area on the pavement located in the main parking lot of the show so that people could come by and see some of the machines in action but I know a lot of guys are like me and don't want to run the risk of people messing with them or their stuff. We will have a partitioned off area around us so kids or some adults can't just run in and start messing with stuff but there is still the factor that people will be all around watching.

I would like to keep everything running throughout the day similar as to St. Louis and what I've gathered from Indy so everyone can have plenty of time to play with their machines and talk to each other as well.

We have a large warehouse area that we can be in as well just a block down from the truck show where we can run till wee hours of the night if you guys so wish to and have plenty of space for setup and repairs if need be. I will have tables and chairs setup for everyone so we will be fine there but my major concerns are about everyones opinions on running at the show itself.

Please let me know your guys input on what you think about it and post up what you have for some suggestions.

My other question dealing with material we will be working with. I know some people like playing in the dirt (come on who doesn't still) but others prefer to keep their machines clean and functioning easily in the rubber materials.

I can get us anything from sand to small gravel or even sandy top soil so there would be plenty to choose from. Now I don't have any small rubber like what is used at Indy and some of you guys have but if enough people prefer it and have a place they know I can purchase it from just let me know and I'll get what you guys think we need.

I'm open to all suggestions on these two questions so I would appreciate all the feedback from anyone coming to the show.

Thanks,
Tyler
Old 02-19-2013, 08:20 PM
Journeyman

Also here is a larger and better picture of the truck show flyer in case anyone wants to use it as I know a couple of members have already asked me for it.

http://www.athskansas.org/newton2013r2.pdf

Tyler
Old 02-20-2013, 01:20 PM

it all sounds good. i have no problem running outside. there is always a risk running in public. and workng trucks get dirty!! we could do a parade around the truck stop and the custom trucks. also, is the free dinner still on?
Old 03-06-2013, 06:28 PM

Show is almost here. Is everyone ready?
Old 03-06-2013, 07:16 PM

fuzzy is on a distinguished road

I have my room setup. as far as small rubber, mine came from Des Moines ia. you could check with a tire shop to see where they send old tires. i am ok with sandy dirt.
Old 03-07-2013, 07:59 AM
Journeyman

Well Gentleman I am going to be having another meeting with the guys putting on the truck show this weekend and getting us started on setup for the show. From the sounds of it we are going to have quite a few machines so I'm gonna make sure we have ample amount of space and power for chargers along with tables for everybody.

If you don't mind, post up how many tables you would like to have so you can put your machines on them rather than having to work from the ground or somewhere else.

Things are really starting to take off around here and we'll get everything settled within the next couple of weeks for everybody.

Still have a few rooms left for anybody looking at coming still so don't be shy and head out for a good time.

Tyler
Old 03-07-2013, 06:38 PM

I will be bringing 2 6ft tables, As for truck parking I took some measurements and I need about a 20ft x 6 ft parking area lol Just saying... maybe 18ft if some sell before then. Also I will have 4 chargers there.
Old 03-08-2013, 05:30 PM

We will be good with 1 table. Also, we are building another truck to bring! This is my first truck ge together, so I am not real sure on the room needed. We just are going to have two trucks and trailers. Bringing a charger also
Old 03-12-2013, 05:01 PM
Journeyman

Just a quick reminder, almost down to the final one month before the show and things are falling into place. Just want to remind everybody to let me know what all they will need so I can make sure to accommodate everyone the best I can.

Looking forward to having some more information for everybody in the next few days with more details about our little show.

Tyler
Old 03-17-2013, 08:21 PM

Fat Boy Fab is on a distinguished road

Deffinitly gonna be there (i hope!!) bringing 2 maybe 3 trucks would need 2 tables proberly
Old 03-17-2013, 08:42 PM
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Boy Fab View Post
Deffinitly gonna be there (i hope!!) bringing 2 maybe 3 trucks would need 2 tables proberly
Sounds great. As said before the more the merrier. We will be glad to have everyone together for a good show.

I have talked to a couple of the other guys last week on the phone and from the sounds of it there is going to be quite a few trucks and machines showing up. I really need to kick it in gear and get my loader going to keep all these dump trucks and trailers hauling.

I also have to get the newest project going and buttoned up for the show that the girlfriend will be revealing at the show. I hope to get her started on it this week. Some of the guys remember her going to the St. Louis show and she won't admit that she is hooked but she did have a load of fun and will now have something all of her own at the show to reveal.

Can't wait for the show now and to see everyone. Sounds like it keeps growing weekly which is very good to know.

Tyler
Old 03-18-2013, 10:30 AM
Journeyman

woodhog is on a distinguished road

Hey Tyler, i think i will only nee one table rest of my stuff can sit on the groundI will have 3 trucks 3 trailers and excavator and maybe some others. If you think the dirt will flow through a sand master i will bring itas well.If we are playing in the dirt do yall want me to bring my so called bridge?
Old 03-25-2013, 08:58 PM

bring the bridge woodhog why not... is this bldg. we'll be in heated??? at this rate we will need it...
Old 03-25-2013, 09:10 PM
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodhog View Post
Hey Tyler, i think i will only nee one table rest of my stuff can sit on the groundI will have 3 trucks 3 trailers and excavator and maybe some others. If you think the dirt will flow through a sand master i will bring itas well.If we are playing in the dirt do yall want me to bring my so called bridge?
Chris I would be up for having the bridge as well with all the stuff we have available. There will be room for it so if you can squeeze it in somewhere we'll gladly have ya bring it along.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears View Post
bring the bridge woodhog why not... is this bldg. we'll be in heated??? at this rate we will need it...
Aaron the building is heated and the weather by then should be nice and warm if not hot again like the last couple of years. We hit 100* several times by mid April last year which is rare but it can still happen. Most of the time the weather is in the 70's to 80's this time of year.

Tyler
Old 03-26-2013, 04:55 PM
Journeyman

woodhog is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears View Post
We will bring it if we have room for sure i think dirt will flow through the grate if not we can rig something