RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Kings of the Road > Highway Trucks and Trailers

Highway Trucks and Trailers On road trucks and trailers single and twin axle trucks.

Old 12-02-2015, 12:15 PM

Joe is on a distinguished road
Default Wedico Freightliner Assistance

Hi - Longtime modeler, newbie to the board, have been out of the hobby for some years, now recently retired, and looking to revive some old equipment.
I have a Wedico Freightliner & box truck which has been on display in a cabinet some 20 odd years. This was the only model i ever purchased built, and so did not receive any documentation with it. Now i realize i'm completely at a loss as to the operation of it & don't wish to fry anything by fiddling around too much. I have a lot of questions, so please bear with me.
It came with a Titan 603 charger & MPX Combi Sport multiplex transmitter. I realize the batteries are toast, but hooked up the charger to the cab, the box and the transmitter. I was able to get red lights (good i guess) on the charger panel for all 3 connections. 4 way flashers, roof lights, tail lights all operational. Got some beeping from the horn. Even got a bit of reaction from the steering, but the battery kicks out & loses power very quickly.
At this point, I'd like to know -
1. Operation/function of the 4 switch panel in the cab.
2. Correct startup sequence & function of the 4 flip switches on the transmitter (there's a notation on the transmitter that says all 4 switches up to start)
3. What is the function of hooking the charger to the cab? Am i charging something, or is that only to provide power to check static operation while the box section battery is disconnected?
4. Are there replacements around for the 12 volt 10 C size battery pack? I've looked around, but the only 12V NiCd packs I see are with AA batteries. I see there are 12V NiMh's around, but know those are incompatible with the charger. And yes, I am aware i could rebuild it, but was just looking for the easy out! Would it be possible to use one of the 12V power wheels type of batteries, or those rechargeable ones for alarm systems or Fios, at least on a temporary basis to get the rig to where i can check all functions?
I apologize for the lengthy post (and i do have more questions - lol) but if anyone could help me with any part of it, or direct me to a source for more information, i would appreciate it. I have searched the web, but it seems Wedico information is super sparse.
If you read this so far, thanks for reading, and thank you in advance for any assistance you can provide!
Old 12-03-2015, 02:01 PM
Apprentice

Grainfarmer is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Wedico Freightliner Assistance

For the switchboard in the cab you may ask WEDICO for a plan.
http://www.wedico.de/
Maybe they can send it as a pdf to you. My experience is, that the customer servic is not bad...

Tags
freightliner, wedico