RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment

Construction Equipment If it digs, pushes, hauls dirt "off road" post it here.

Old 04-23-2016, 03:18 PM
Green Horn

SteinHDan is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Fumotec 490

Very tidy and nicely laid out!

You already got some good advice on the battery, but here is even another one: :-)

I have this battery in my excavator. It's quite cheap and small while still at the 3S 5200 mAh capacity and costs only $19:

MultiStar 3s 5200mAh

(Mine has a XT-60 discharge plug but the Amazon text reads XT-90. I believe that is wrong.)

Best regards,
Stein :-)
Old 04-23-2016, 03:41 PM

calum_scania is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the advice on batteries guys, I was recommend hacker batteries on a German forum and they seems to fit my needs so I am hoping to source these otherwise i'll have to look at others. Posting is the problem because they can only be delievered by road

Calum
Old 04-24-2016, 03:11 PM

A little bit more done with the boom and the auxiliary lines

Old 04-24-2016, 04:53 PM
Apprentice

liftmys10 is on a distinguished road

Great updates! Get this puppy running!
Old 04-24-2016, 05:52 PM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation

So you have 2 auxiliaries & the hyd quick coupler? Six valves really fill up the back of the model... I thought 5 was bad enough!

Joe
Old 04-25-2016, 01:46 AM
Apprentice

Rakthi is on a distinguished road

Hi Calum, great updates! Really like the solution you crafted for the electronics. What a difference with the mess I made...
Old 04-25-2016, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Giants View Post
So you have 2 auxiliaries & the hyd quick coupler? Six valves really fill up the back of the model... I thought 5 was bad enough!
Correct Joe, quick coupling will be run off the 2 small lines on the outside and I'm planning on purchasing a grab later on this year if and when I get the model up and running. Yes its very tight but all the covers fit without modification just hoping I can squeeze the battery in behind the valves and into the counter weight of i'm going to run into problems

Calum
Old 04-25-2016, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakthi View Post
Hi Calum, great updates! Really like the solution you crafted for the electronics. What a difference with the mess I made...
Thanks Rakthi, i wanted them to be all in one place for ease of removal and also of the base incase of an oil spill. My next challenge is to get 6 servo wires routed to it... Still haven't thought of a solution yet

Calum
Old 04-25-2016, 02:22 PM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation

It wouldn't be that much of an imposition to extend the width of the counter weight to house a thicker battery. The 5amp EnrichPower batts are quite compact for the punch they have.

Joe
Old 04-25-2016, 04:51 PM

I'm hoping it wont come to that, I've spent some time measuring for batteries and thinking this one should fit in there nicely

http://www.hacker-motor-shop.com/e-v...&c=5649&p=5649

So 2 should hopefully coming into the UK this week..
Old 04-25-2016, 05:16 PM

Basically nothing done tonight, I was planning on make a channel for the servo wires to lye in but decided just to route the around the servo's I'll see how this looks/works for now.

A picture of my quick coupler partially assembled

And a small attachment too

Calum
Old 05-04-2016, 04:51 PM

Sunday night I made a bit of rock protection for the stick out of brass flat bar and box section

Fitted to the stick

I then made up brass pins for the end of the stick, these were made from 4mm brass rod. Threaded and castle nuts with split pins too, I ordered 1mm split pins to replace the ones I used as I think their a little large

2 of the auxiliary pipes were mounted to both sides and the hydraulic ram too

Old 05-04-2016, 04:57 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

egronvold is on a distinguished road

Nice details!

Construction site on Facebook:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Pictures on Instagram:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 05-04-2016, 05:03 PM

Thank you, I have a few more too add next time I get time to work with it. Getting majorly held up waiting for a battery sadly..
Old 06-12-2016, 04:46 PM

It lives! Now I have a question - how do people setup their remotes?

Should I run the pump on a 3 way switch so it has 2 speeds?
The other option I have is to use mixes, I can get on valve to open and power the pump on a curved mix but when I try to add more they don't work?

Also setting up the slew with a Servonaut MFR, I've slowed it right down but it takes a lot of movement to make it move so precise moves aren't easy.

Any suggestions?

Calum
Old 06-13-2016, 12:11 AM
Apprentice

Hi Calum

I have the Servonaut MFR on the fast setting, so takes only a very limited movement of the stick to make it go slow (and scale) enough to keep control. But there is some play in the whole slewing mechanism.

As for the pump ... The way it is set up in the Commander from Scaleart, you can control the speed of the pump with a separate control which allows you to set the speed of the pump, independent of the mixer which will make the pump go faster depending on the opening of the valves.

I have the pump running at maybe 10-15% of it's capacity at all times so there is no lag when you start opening the valves. Seems to work fine for me, even when operating more than one valve.
Old 06-13-2016, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Hi Calum

I have the Servonaut MFR on the fast setting, so takes only a very limited movement of the stick to make it go slow (and scale) enough to keep control. But there is some play in the whole slewing mechanism.

As for the pump ... The way it is set up in the Commander from Scaleart, you can control the speed of the pump with a separate control which allows you to set the speed of the pump, independent of the mixer which will make the pump go faster depending on the opening of the valves.

I have the pump running at maybe 10-15% of it's capacity at all times so there is no lag when you start opening the valves. Seems to work fine for me, even when operating more than one valve.
How do I change settings on the MFR just move the jumper?
I want to run mixes so the more the valve is opened the faster the pump goes but for some reason I can only get one mix to work?

Calum
Old 06-13-2016, 08:48 PM
Apprentice

Hi Calum,

Seems like the MFR is no longer produced by Servonaut ...

There is a small potentio thingy on the MFR that allows you to set the RPM of the motor. If I remember correctly you have to put the jumper on AB and then select the modus that allows you to change the reaction speed of the motor.

I have the German piece of paper with the instructions that came with the MFR, but can't really figure it out anymore.

As for the mixer, might be some limitation in your radio? ... The Commander was preprogrammed for the Damitz excavator. Never really checked how it was set up. All I did was remove the link for the mixer from the slew and track functions. Sorry can't really help you there.
Old 06-15-2016, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Hi Calum,

Seems like the MFR is no longer produced by Servonaut ...

There is a small potentio thingy on the MFR that allows you to set the RPM of the motor. If I remember correctly you have to put the jumper on AB and then select the modus that allows you to change the reaction speed of the motor.

I have the German piece of paper with the instructions that came with the MFR, but can't really figure it out anymore.

As for the mixer, might be some limitation in your radio? ... The Commander was preprogrammed for the Damitz excavator. Never really checked how it was set up. All I did was remove the link for the mixer from the slew and track functions. Sorry can't really help you there.
I will look into the MFR and see what I can try. I use a graupner radio and have spaces for lots of mixes curved/linear so I don't know why i cant program it

Calum
Old 06-15-2016, 07:55 PM
Apprentice

Hi Calum, wish I could help you out with the radio, but since I barely grasp the use of the mixers over multiple functions on my own equipment ... Think you will be better off posting your question on the German forum. I figure there will be one or more guys with a 490 and a Graupner.