RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Tech section. > Electronics tech

Electronics tech Anything to do with the electronics in a model. Lights, Radio, ESC, Servo, Basic electrical.

Old 05-25-2013, 12:41 PM

Zebra is on a distinguished road
Default Spektrum DX6i bind with surface receivers?

Hi all.
Just out of curiosity and because I have a few Spektrum SR300 surface receivers and am getting a DX6i soon,I just wondered if it will bind with the surface type 3 channel receivers also?
Thanks
Steve.
Old 05-25-2013, 10:47 PM
Out of control

fhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud of
Default Re: Spektrum DX6i bind with surface receivers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebra View Post
Hi all.
Just out of curiosity and because I have a few Spektrum SR300 surface receivers and am getting a DX6i soon,I just wondered if it will bind with the surface type 3 channel receivers also?
Thanks
Steve.
No the surface and air will not bind together. Spectrum does offer a 4ch air receiver that is fairly inexpensive and it works well with the DX6I.

Travis

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11
Old 05-26-2013, 07:18 AM
Craftsman

Rvjimd is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Spektrum DX6i bind with surface receivers?

What he said..

I actually tried this yesterday, I didn't think it was gona work, but had to try anyway. It actually flashes the RX like it is possibly going to work, but no.

And, I just got my new 6i about two weeks back and bought the 4ch RX at the same ti e. it was $40, got all of it from my LHS. It is nice and small.

Not sure what you are going to be using it for, but now I wonder if I should have gotten the 8ch radio?

Wile we are on the 6i topic, they told me at the hobby shop, but I don't want to believe it. Does the satellite RX have to be plugged in ALL the time? Including.to bind?

Jim