RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Scale Buildings, Warehouses and Structures.

Scale Buildings, Warehouses and Structures. If you have buildings and other structures that you have built to use with your Rc's here is your place to share them.

Old 06-15-2016, 10:42 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

RCP57 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Coroplast scale buildings

I'll have to build some micro dump boxes to put on the shelves.lol
Old 06-15-2016, 12:23 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

TRUCKMAKER is on a distinguished road

Those would be about Z scale?
Old 06-15-2016, 12:55 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Bo Wallen is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb Re: Coroplast scale buildings

No worries Reg..........I know you got one of this gadgets laying around somewhere..............
ShrinkRay by Bo Wallen, on Flickr

Old 06-18-2016, 05:58 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Supermario is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUCKMAKER View Post
You know your going to need a LARGE parking area around that building, I'm sure it'll have good eats and all the truckers will be stopping.
Parking available all around!

Tar paper is temporary and just to minimize rain storm splash back. So also did this. Outdoor carpet for lawn and splash protection.

Old 06-18-2016, 06:02 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

And to make it a little more official or proper looking..... Welcome RCPs metal works to Foxville Canada. The town approved your application for a secondary road access.

Old 06-18-2016, 06:08 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Nice Mario! Make sure you build a miniature MX track too!lol
Old 06-19-2016, 10:15 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCP57 View Post
Nice Mario! Make sure you build a miniature MX track too!lol
I don't know Reg. I've been called a suck up already for making the building and if I did make a track people are gonna wonder.
It did cross my mind btw.
Old 06-19-2016, 10:43 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

What? Suck up? That's just crazy talk. I look at it this way, you have the very first RCP's dump box ever sold and now you have the very first satellite shop. That has to guarantee pricing specials. Normal price plus tax because we both live in Canada! Justin needs that 12% extra!

In all seriousness though, I do think the building and setting are pretty cool. I was looking at the pictures yesterday and imagining the "mini compound" under the trees with some matchbox or hotwheels trucks running the roads.lol

On a full scale Foxville related note, DO NOT DIG A POND! Mine has become a heaven for mosquito's! There are so many that when the wind dies down they fly around and come in the door on the shop 150' away. I have been killing them constantly while working and it's driving me more mad! It may turn into a dry lake bed or a crater soon if this keeps up!
Old 07-10-2016, 03:25 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Thanks Reg. And ya, a pond is not a good idea for sure. Bugs are bad enough in my yard but I can't wait for them to die off, August is coming and need to get things done now.
Hence my post showing loading dock #2 is resurfaced with a couple sheets of black Coroplast along with the other dock. No more weather issuesthis will last along time

Old 07-10-2016, 05:17 PM
Apprentice

jack van is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCP57 View Post
What? Suck up? That's just crazy talk. I look at it this way, you have the very first RCP's dump box ever sold and now you have the very first satellite shop. That has to guarantee pricing specials. Normal price plus tax because we both live in Canada! Justin needs that 12% extra!

In all seriousness though, I do think the building and setting are pretty cool. I was looking at the pictures yesterday and imagining the "mini compound" under the trees with some matchbox or hotwheels trucks running the roads.lol

On a full scale Foxville related note, DO NOT DIG A POND! Mine has become a heaven for mosquito's! There are so many that when the wind dies down they fly around and come in the door on the shop 150' away. I have been killing them constantly while working and it's driving me more mad! It may turn into a dry lake bed or a crater soon if this keeps up!
there is stuff you can get for the water in the pond it will stop the bugs not to sure but maybe viniger might work or bleach in small amount
Old 07-16-2016, 05:30 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Ok, there's not much Coroplast in this building but I think the new dock is enough to qualify and it is a scale building of sorts.
I'm calling this to do project done! heres a couple pics showing my idea of using this as a loading area. if all works out I want to make a way that the crane can load and unload pipes off trailers all hands free. Lots of cargo to build yet but saving that for rainy days. Today's beautiful so took the time to complete the factory and scratch it off the to do list

And here is the finished product. Using styrofoam blocks I had lying around as skirting for the dock and a quick spray of paint all around to try and bring it all together.

Old 07-16-2016, 05:35 PM
Green Horn

Trucker Al is on a distinguished road

Very nice, I like it !!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 07-16-2016, 05:51 PM

Doggy is on a distinguished road

Wow, now thats a big plant! Great job!
No you need to make scale mob protesting to shut it down as its polluting too much
Old 07-17-2016, 01:14 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trucker Al View Post
Very nice, I like it !!
Thanks bud, glad you like

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggy View Post
Wow, now thats a big plant! Great job!
No you need to make scale mob protesting to shut it down as its polluting too much
Thank you , I like your idea and it's very real in this day and age. What's also real is the steel plant in my city is for sale at the moment so I figure I should make a few for sale signs.

I can still make a mob because they'll be protesting if the plant shuts down

Today's project was figure out a way to use a digital scale at the weigh station and be able to install and remove easily when not in use.
once again, nothing fancy and just trying to make things outdoor friendly. I've seen some guys build amazing looking scales and this ain't one of them.
But it works! Using a slim line scale off eBay for dirt cheap, I cut the display out, lengthened the wires to be able to mount on some posts. Tin plate for scale to sit on, another tin plate that straddles the two sections of 1/2 plywood and then lay the shingle roll back down. Can't weigh entire truck and trailer in one shot but can do axles so I'm happy with that and should be fun to use.

Old 08-18-2016, 11:46 AM
Green Horn

Just_Build_It is on a distinguished road

Thanks for sharing your pictures. I thought I was going to be needing a ton of wood to start construction on buildings for the backyard city I'm going to make. The material you use is exactly what I need to easily move and safely store when the weather gets bad here in Florida! I'm currently working with solar panels to power the LED's instead of battery power. This thread is a great stepping stone for new ideas. ��
Old 08-19-2016, 09:07 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_Build_It View Post
Thanks for sharing your pictures. I thought I was going to be needing a ton of wood to start construction on buildings for the backyard city I'm going to make. The material you use is exactly what I need to easily move and safely store when the weather gets bad here in Florida! I'm currently working with solar panels to power the LED's instead of battery power. This thread is a great stepping stone for new ideas. ��
Thank you very much and well said, that was my exact intention in making this thread was to share and inspire new ideas and ways of building

The solar power is a great idea but for me not sure if it would work due to all the shade all day long?
Old 08-19-2016, 11:34 PM
Green Horn

Just_Build_It is on a distinguished road

That's the downside to solar when the sun isn't always available. Luckily for me, sunshine isn't an issue. Preserving the energy with rechargeable batteries, I'll probably have to incorporate motion sensors and timers now that you brought it to my attention.