RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's General Discussion. > General Discussion

General Discussion A place to post off topic discussions.

Old 12-18-2010, 02:30 AM
Weaver Of Dreams

Dreamweaver will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Lookin for YOUR opinion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonoranWraith View Post
One way to let people find your builds is put links to your build threads in your signature. I see this on lots of forums. If you like that poster, you can visit their threads.

That's what I did!! Wow great minds think alike.

Right under my truck pic in my signature it says "View My Build Here" I think it works anyway.

-Mike

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mike "DREAMWEAVER" Johnson

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11

Rims and Tanks by ihbuilder / Grill and Visor by Brian in PA / Mirrors, Front and Rear Bumper, Back of Cab Lights, and Steering Arms by tc1cat / Fenders by Stylin n Profilin / Frame Rails by The Late Freddy Gear Drive
Old 12-19-2010, 11:01 AM
It's a dry 115 degrees.

SonoranWraith is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamweaver View Post
That's what I did!! Wow great minds think alike.

Right under my truck pic in my signature it says "View My Build Here" I think it works anyway.

-Mike
Yup! Once you have several, or if you name your builds like some guys, you can use that alias for the link.
Old 03-17-2011, 02:59 PM

Heavy Metal Doctor is on a distinguished road

Personally, I don't care how it's handled. I frequent a few boards that use minimum character counts and have no problem with it. Sometimes I end up posting a "plus 1" to second an idea and then just add "eighteen characters" to fill the requirement. I understand some simple one or two word respsonses that are still appropriate.

Just an idea to add - over on a local RC board for my area, you are able to veiw, but not start threads in the BST section until the admins approve you. That way, anyone can post any number of one word repsonses and it has no effect if they are just signed up for another place to try and sell thier stuff. Of course, being a local one or 2 state regional / club sort of forum there's not so much traffic as this board gets, so it might not be a realistic option here.

Last edited by Heavy Metal Doctor; 03-17-2011 at 03:02 PM.
Old 03-17-2011, 05:15 PM

texken is on a distinguished road

Well, (from Northwest) I agree I'm not a Truck Builder,(yet) just making a Crane, but I have received a lot of input, and help.
But I have started to find going thou a long list to get to the last two words(nice job) did not give me any new input.
So I now start with the last # say 1 to 12, I start with 12, and see new input first, then go to #11, if seen before I am up to date, missing all the (good Jobs input).

Thank you to:
FreddyGearDrive
Administrator

Nice Job LOL just had to say that.

TEXKEN
Old 03-17-2011, 05:41 PM
Journeyman

scalelover is on a distinguished road

Kind of late with my input here but too me either way works. Constructive comments come in many ways including simple comments.

One idea I was thinking of, on Facebook and some other places they simply have a tab you can click to say " I like this" if that feature was added it may hinder some of the quick responses. Going this route would have just a tab at the top of the thread that would say "X" amount of people like this. Very simple very clean and it does not take up a lot of space. And not count it toward the post count.

Just my 2 cents on a fix for the issue. This way there is no minimum and it may help with the posts.

--Dan

Old 03-19-2011, 10:00 PM
Green Horn

CrimsonCorsair is on a distinguished road

New to the boards - so I thought I would give you my input as well. I have been snooping around for some time before I actually joined. Part of the reason I joined, even though I do not have an RC truck yet - was to get access to the signatures and sections that I did not have access to as a non-member. THEN I read this post. I was truly in a pickle. I could have commented on every build running and had access fast as can be - or, I could comment where appropriate and wait until I had enough posts. I can tell you the wait for the signatures was difficult but not too bad. However, I am still short of seeing the sale stuff, and that is something I am very interested in as I am collecting the parts I want for my build. So, does the system work? I think it works just like every other system out there - there are those who will follow the rules, and there are those that will try and find a way around them. Trying to change the rules to keep out the latter will only result in more restrictions on the former. Kind of like the 'When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns'.

There is my opinion - and one more post to the 30 I need.

Old 04-08-2011, 11:10 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

glorydays24 is an unknown quantity at this point

OK guys, I know i'm new here, and i've done the same
without even thinking about it. But I don't believe in
shortcuts, and i'm willing to go by the rules. Yes there
are some items I would like to get from B/T/S, but I will
go with the flow.

Big John
Old 08-24-2011, 06:17 PM
Out of control

fhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud of

I wish new members would take the time to read the stickies!!!!

Travis

Old 08-26-2011, 07:25 AM
Wannabe

Snowman is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Lookin for YOUR opinion on Postin like a fool!

There have been a lot of "nice build" type post count bumping posts, seems like it's just done to get into the bst. Maybe we could encourage new members to at least contribute by starting a thread on what they plan to build if they have no trucks yet.
It's frustrating to see a load of old threads brought back up making you think there are updates to the build when all it is is a post saying "nice work" or whatever.

My Peterbilt build thread:
Old 08-26-2011, 06:18 PM
Green Horn

Smokin Joe is on a distinguished road

I'm new here. Fresh perspective. Freddy, you do a great job. Most over comments are left by the same people. Postin like a fool are the ones who post on same thread 5--10 times.
Also the 'I saw Tom at the diner and he showed me his truck body etc.

Please, please use spell check! It makes us look smarter and I won't have to
use my decoder ring as much. Joe
Old 08-26-2011, 10:51 PM

derailed is on a distinguished road

well my posts are very low
47...well, 48 with this one
i would have liked to get in to the b/s/t not for selling but to buy parts for my builds
i dont even remember what the post requirement is anymore, it's been too long
i expect, i would only qualify in 4-5 years at the rate i'm going
because of this, i buy elsewhere
most of my parts purchases are in ebay
you notice, i rarely post
i just don't have the push to bother
most of my builds, i've never shown to anyone
obviously, i'm not posting to boost my count

glenn
Old 08-27-2011, 07:31 AM

Hanson50 is on a distinguished road

I agree with Derailed, I have been on the forum for almost a year, and I am only up to 21 post. It would be nice to be able to see what everybody has to sell and be able to buy. Maybe you can set the post limit for only people who want to sell or trade.
Paul H. Hanson
Old 08-27-2011, 10:56 AM
HillBilly Home Boyeee. WAZZZUP!

gun is on a distinguished road

for what its worth maybe we should do away with the post count on b/s/t/ and it would put a stop to this problem or it would create a new one ! it kinda sad that most of us are adults and still act like children and we even have to have this sticky on the board !!!!!
I for one don't like to get on the board and click on hi way trucks and see that one person commented on every thread.
JUST GROW UP PEOPLE !!!!!!!!! STOP BEING FOLLOWERS AND START BEING LEADERS.
if you know someone who is just trying to get their count up call them up and tell them to stop being a jack ***.
Ok i am off the soap box now so lets stop wasting time with things like this and build something bad azzzzzz
Old 08-27-2011, 11:12 AM
Out of control

fhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud of

You are right Shane it would be great if members would show respect for the forum but we have a problem they also do not read. I brought up this thread having hopes a new member would read it and understand what they were doing was not apriciated but he didn't and now he is going to force us to make changes that will affect a lot of the members and yes I know some will not think it is fair, but it will be fair for all.

Travis

Old 08-27-2011, 12:14 PM
Fabrication and design , super moderator

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough

The problem is ,there are people who read BUT they choose to ignore and/or break the rules , And people who just flat out don't read anything that says RULES becouse they THINK they know what they are then you get the type who are so excited to see all the building going on that they can't help themselves which is OK but try to to say alittle more or comment on different threads/builds you like at different times . Besides when you post on 10+- threads at once are you realy reading them

Old 08-27-2011, 03:35 PM
HillBilly Home Boyeee. WAZZZUP!

gun is on a distinguished road

Travis you have a hard job ! I have a saying I use at work a lot ( someone has to be in charge or nothing will get done !!! Its to bad we all have to suffer because of a few but some of use are big boys and can take what we get because of the others !
Old 08-27-2011, 03:55 PM

Ken Orme is on a distinguished road

I joined this group in June this year as I am building a 1/16 scale front end loader on a very strict budget. My strict budget is called "SS" The loader is a freelance design and scratch built. I have taken photos as I go along, for my records and I would like to post them here. My problem is the photos are 1.8mb in size and to post them they must be 19.5 or smaller. I have tried 3 different programs and not one of them will do what I need.

I would like read the "buy and sell" posts but I think this is only the 22nd for me. I have a long way to go. As far as the number of posts being listed I think some of the people do not have a life.

Ken
Old 08-27-2011, 09:40 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

BRICKNICK is on a distinguished road

I honestly could care less about my post count, I post a few times a day due to my interest in the hobby, lack of pace at work and nothing more. Most of my comments are stupidly simple I.e."nice job". I don't claim to be a world renown writer. Sometimes simple messages say it best, I.e."Nice truck, love the color". How else would you say that? If i see a build I really like I tell that person, so if some people feel that a person shouldn't incourage a fellow builder or compliment their work, why are you here posting it and showing it? I don't get it.....
Old 08-27-2011, 10:02 PM
Out of control

Well if it is a nice truck include why you think it is a nice truck. Do you like the make, model, color, axle configuration, or a specific detail of the truck. But to get back to the meaning of this thread it is about the person who post "Nice truck" or "Great job" 10 to 20 times in one day. Do you honestly think they completely read the all of the threads they responded to, well I will answer that for you NO.
Quote:
so if some people feel that a person shouldn't encourage a fellow builder or compliment their work, why are you here posting it and showing it? I don't get it.....
This whole thread is about members post whoring, the comments left are to boost their post count not to be a valuable part of the forum. No where did anybody say we weren't encouraging people to build so I don't know where you got that idea, but we do encourage people to use some respect when posting. There is nothing that pisses members off more than seeing a new post on an older thread they are watching waiting for an up date to go and see a post saying "Nice job" or asking what color will it be when the builder told you on the first page but the guy posting did not bother to read the first 2 pages.

Travis

Old 08-28-2011, 01:42 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

BRICKNICK is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhhhstix View Post
This whole thread is about members post whoring, the comments left are to boost their post count not to be a valuable part of the forum. No where did anybody say we weren't encouraging people to build so I don't know where you got that idea, but we do encourage people to use some respect when posting. There is nothing that pisses members off more than seeing a new post on an older thread they are watching waiting for an up date to go and see a post saying "Nice job" or asking what color will it be when the builder told you on the first page but the guy posting did not bother to read the first 2 pages.

Travis
No trust me I understand what your saying and i agree with you, there are multiple builds I have been following, just to see the expected update is a dumb post about the color or something mentioned earlier in the thread they didnt even bother to read. I just thing its a tough topic, its a double edged sword. How do you differ between the serious guys that do post a few short statements(like my self) and post whores that just want to get to b/s/t section. Maybe just open the bst section to avoid them post counts. I dunno.