RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Clubs/Groups and Events > Central Plains Mini Truckers Club

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-29-2012, 11:35 AM
Journeyman

pigeonfarmboy is on a distinguished road
Default Clubhouse?

I for one am tired of seeing all these badass European dudes that have wicked "train-layout-quality" facilities. Their big kid sandbox time is just exponentially greater than our shows/GTGs. No offense to our shows, but they just don't compare.

Solution? A permanent facility we can build upon and grow into. If it's a COOP or Club setup, I'd like to use this thread to start discussion about the possibility of making this a reality.

Obviously location and dollar amount are the biggest key factors.

Points of consideration:
-Cost (Club Dues or Buy-in COOP)
-Facility rental/lease + Utilities
-Building security to leave items
-Frequency of Get Togethers
-Material Cost
-Positions of Leadership (President, VP, Treasurer, etc.)
-Number of members

I have experience running a 100+ member strong RC Rock Crawling Club in the past so I have an idea of what kind of time/organization it takes to do something like this.

I know many of you are extremely busy and have families that conflict with fun time so I don't take any offense to being told this is a dumb idea that can't happen. Maybe I'm just really hardcore about this stuff but I can see myself grabbing my cot and setting up for an all weekend session once a month. Again I don't have any kids or obligations to stay home every weekend so I have a different perspective.