RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Clubs/Groups and Events > Central Plains Mini Truckers Club

Old 01-24-2018, 07:37 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

skeeter is on a distinguished road
Default Re: NEW Indy show 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zabco View Post
Fully functional!

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

Travis's I believe.
I very much like that trailer!
Old 01-25-2018, 06:08 AM
Backyard enginier

Izzy will become famous soon enoughIzzy will become famous soon enough

A big thank to the guys who showed early, and stayed late to set up. Clean up was Excellent.
As usual, couldn't do thus without Travis, if not for him, we wouldn't have 3/4 of the set up.
Thank you to all for playing nice, no harsh words and no inappropriate conduct.
Huge cudos to Truescale-rc.com for coming to offer parts, run the pulls and sponsor-in-part the show - THANK YOU!
Thank you to the fairgrounds for a wonderful site!
And thanks to all The drivers for coming out for another successful & fun show.
Old 01-25-2018, 12:19 PM

QUAN REED is on a distinguished road

I enjoyed my self ..Me and Will..had a great time meeting new and old peolpe..swap meet and some driving...let's keep up with each other y'all the only brother's I got..lol 🍗🍟🍔🍕
Old 01-25-2018, 07:22 PM
Out of control

fhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeter View Post
I very much like that trailer!
Thanks I have my friend next door with a machine shop that is milling me one out of aluminum. I will try and get some pics put up.

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11
Old 01-25-2018, 09:51 PM

Fury Fan is on a distinguished road

As a newb here and first-timer to such a show, it was a good experience.

Talked with Frizzen, Izzy and Mustang46555 - all good gents! (talked with some others but didn't get names)

Would've probably made the rounds a bit more thoroughly, but had a young 'un with me - she had a ball too but only wanted to drive around, didn't want the chit-chat.

A coworker joined me, and he was really impressed with the detail and creativity you guy have.

So - probably will try to make the next local show, probably will start some build threads if this Postimage link works. Probably will have something better next year - and probably will be Bruder-based, 'cuz my money is spread too thin on too many things already.

Oh - and finally found my avenue for photos - Postimg.org.
Old 01-25-2018, 10:08 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

frizzen is on a distinguished road

That's a nice looking truck, am i seeing some Bruder/on-road car action going on?

Nothing wrong with toy conversions, it just takes more creativity than something with a manual and designed to bolt together. Your truck looked plenty nice to me, but ya saw the rusty junk I drive.

It was great meeting you, and thanks for playing trucks with us.
Old 01-25-2018, 10:14 PM

SpeedyPetey is on a distinguished road

Just a great time! Awesome pics and Jess has made some great videos. Cant wait til Septembers show! Thank you Izzy and all the others for putting this one!!!
Old 01-25-2018, 10:40 PM

Fury Fan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by frizzen View Post
That's a nice looking truck, am i seeing some Bruder/on-road car action going on?
Thanks!

Yes, a Bruder with Tamiya wheels, Subaru Brat in rear, Frog/Hornet in front. 'Standard' ebay steer axle up front (hard-mounted) and a 540 motor running an XL-sized belt-drive. No suspension at all.

The Brat wheels were a last-minute change - I had the orig Bruders spliced with a 5mm shaft adapter, but it kept loosening up (and those wheels had limited traction).

So I got a regular 5mm shaft swapped in, and was going to use knobby Frog rear wheels, but those have 5 bolts, and the shaft hub adapters had 4 holes, so would need another adapter in-between. The Brats have 5 dimples on the inside of the wheel (Tamiya did that so they'd interchange with Frog/Hornet/Grasshopper parts), so I removed them, and then just enlarged the holes to fit the adapter.

Took forever to figure it out, but was pretty simple when I stumbled on the idea. I'll do a thread on the whole thing at some point.
Old 01-25-2018, 11:39 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

skeeter is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fury Fan View Post
Thanks!

Yes, a Bruder with Tamiya wheels, Subaru Brat in rear, Frog/Hornet in front. 'Standard' ebay steer axle up front (hard-mounted) and a 540 motor running an XL-sized belt-drive. No suspension at all.

The Brat wheels were a last-minute change - I had the orig Bruders spliced with a 5mm shaft adapter, but it kept loosening up (and those wheels had limited traction).

So I got a regular 5mm shaft swapped in, and was going to use knobby Frog rear wheels, but those have 5 bolts, and the shaft hub adapters had 4 holes, so would need another adapter in-between. The Brats have 5 dimples on the inside of the wheel (Tamiya did that so they'd interchange with Frog/Hornet/Grasshopper parts), so I removed them, and then just enlarged the holes to fit the adapter.

Took forever to figure it out, but was pretty simple when I stumbled on the idea. I'll do a thread on the whole thing at some point.
I for one, would be very interested in that tutorial video you mentioned.
Old 01-29-2018, 04:47 PM
Journeyman

sparkycuda is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by QUAN REED View Post
I enjoyed my self ..Me and Will..had a great time meeting new and old peolpe..swap meet and some driving...let's keep up with each other y'all the only brother's I got..lol 🍗🍟🍔🍕
Quan, I enjoyed talking with you and Will. Always great to meet folks new to me. Hope to get to Indy soon and will try to drop by the hobby shop to visit you.
"y'all the only brother's I got", from "Glory"? It's a favorite movie of mine.

Take care.

Ken Sharp
Old 03-04-2018, 12:54 AM

sandfarmer is on a distinguished road

Well if nothing else going through this thread and enjoying the pics led to me finally finding out we have a Facebook group! Just joined, maybe I'll be able to keep up better now with what's going on.