RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's General Discussion. > Get it out of your system! HERE!

Get it out of your system! HERE! You have a gripe,bone to pick, Tamiya vs Wedico or just have to let it out! THIS IS THE ONLY PLACE TO DO IT!

Old 04-14-2012, 09:33 PM
Weaver Of Dreams

Dreamweaver will become famous soon enough
Default Trucking is really getting to be a B@#!h

Ok those that know me, know I used to teach at a driving school. So that being said...

These so called drivers they are turning out today... SUCK!!!!!

4 am Thursday morning, safely parked in the middle of a parking stall. Because of my length I have to take up two stalls. So being that I am not quite as long as two stalls, I park back a little, about 15 feet from the end of the stall lines just to give a little breathing room.

Apparently that was not enough room for a Swift driver fresh off the truck with his trainer (who more than likely only has 6 months experience him self)

It is always fun to be woke up by your truck shaking violently.

The good thing is, My bull bar turned out to be well worth the money.

This moron had his tandems on a 53' all the way to the rear. After he hit me he was backing out and finally stopped when I got on the radio and told him to.

I'm 6'2" which means I have a finger tip to finger tip of 6'. I could stand between the two truck and touch them both. He hit me 1 foot behind his landing gear.

Now for those that don't know how real big trucks work let me say this. Had I not been parked there, by the time he got to the end of the stall he was pulling into his tandems would have been either touching or slightly in the stall to my right.

Needless to say HE WAS WAY OFF....

Then on top of that. I ask the guy for his registration and Insurance and he had no clue where they were in the permit book.. He looked but could not find them.

Let me repeat that... He looked but could not find a piece of paper that clearly said "Indiana Commercial Vehicle Registration" in big letter on the top, or the one that said "Certificate of Insurance". I had to take his permit book and get them my self. Then I tell the guy I need his driver license number and he hands me his license. Good thing I didn't have a pair of scissors handy..

After I get done calling the police, writing down his info and calling my dispatch, all of which I did with this guy standing at my door the hole time, I grabbed my cell phone and started taking pictures. After doing this something clicked in this guys head that maybe he should do the same. So what does he do, he grabs the disposable camera out of his accident kit and proceed to start taking his own picture..... WITH NO FLASH.... AT 4:15 AM in the DARK...

Let me also make something else clear... I was parked in a center row (back to back) group of parking spaces. I was in the second from the end stall. the stall to my left is where he was trying to pull into. left of that stall is a road that is probably 45-50 feet wide then a curb separating the truck parking from the car parking. So he had a 12 foot wide stall and 50 feet of road to make this turn.

The real surprising thing to me was that I didn't loose my cool. I didn't even yell or call him a name. And most important he is still alive and did not go to the hospital that morning. (Lucky SOB he didn't do this 10 yrs ago)

I had to laugh at the officer that came. when he was all done with his stuff he told this driver that he was not issuing a ticket because he was on private property (also BS in my book) but that because I was stopped and sleeping, that he did determine fault on the report to be 100% his. Then he told the guy that he will help guide him back so that he don't hit anything else in the parking lot because it was obvious he had no clue what he was doing. When I heard that come out of the officers mouth I about died laughing. Oh and I guess I forgot to mention the officer that responded is my neighbor. You should have seen the look on that Swift drivers face when he showed up, called me by name and started BS-ing with me.

Guess one good thing will come out of this. I had not got to polishing the bumper yet... Now I don't have to. The new one will be nice and shiny.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mike "DREAMWEAVER" Johnson

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11

Rims and Tanks by ihbuilder / Grill and Visor by Brian in PA / Mirrors, Front and Rear Bumper, Back of Cab Lights, and Steering Arms by tc1cat / Fenders by Stylin n Profilin / Frame Rails by The Late Freddy Gear Drive
Old 04-15-2012, 05:15 AM
I'd rather be truckin'

Brian in PA will become famous soon enoughBrian in PA will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Trucking is really getting to be a B@#!h

Thats unreal Mike!. Around home here we always referred to Swift drivers as drivers who failed out of JB Hunt driving school.
Old 04-15-2012, 06:13 AM
Fabrication and design , super moderator

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian in PA View Post
Thats unreal Mike!. Around home here we always referred to Swift drivers as drivers who failed out of JB Hunt driving school.
I thought those where the Shinider ( spelling ? ) guys or local paving co Folk

Old 04-15-2012, 06:29 AM
Craftsman

Smiley is on a distinguished road

Schneider :-). Some people can drive some can't :-)
Old 04-15-2012, 07:15 AM
HillBilly Home Boyeee. WAZZZUP!

gun is on a distinguished road

Here in Texas you just have to pray that if they do hit you they stop and some one is around that can speak Spanish and the you hear them say no goty drivers lisence no goty insurance no goty phone number!!!!!!!!
Old 04-15-2012, 07:23 AM
Journeyman

MACK Daddy is an unknown quantity at this point

From the sounds of it, the guy must have been extremely scared at what just happened and probably all out of sorts...Its funny, when you first start driving you dont realize the importance of your paperwork until you actually need it and by him not even knowing where his registration was proves it.He should have had his paperwork within arms length as every GOOD driver should know ...Obviously the guys was at total fault and could not say anything other than accept it and take it

Saved yourself a couple of hours buffing that bumper though

Kudos !!!LOL

Alfy

Last edited by MACK Daddy; 04-15-2012 at 07:26 AM.
Old 04-15-2012, 11:12 AM
I'm tryin Boss!

Stylin n profilin has a spectacular aura aboutStylin n profilin has a spectacular aura aboutStylin n profilin has a spectacular aura about

Wow!!! So they do live up to there name...SWIFT....See what I #%*#ed up today

One Bus Stop Short Of The Short Bus...
Old 04-15-2012, 05:23 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

BRICKNICK is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylin n profilin View Post
Wow!!! So they do live up to there name...SWIFT....See what I #%*#ed up today
Hahahaha....that's great. .......I've sat in the loading docks in my truck and in produce markets especially and watched these so called "DRIVERS" try to back into the dock. One guy especially J.B Hunt, took almost 15 mins to back into a gap with three empty doors, then couldnt get it and got out and asked me to guide him in. Needless to say I was absolutely dumbfounded someone let this guy loose on the road with a truck.
Old 04-15-2012, 07:35 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

doodlebug is on a distinguished road

Stupid
With out
Intellegence
Failed
Trucker

Sorry to hear about the fender bender. Cop's just don't seem to have a spine, when it come's to assigning fault!
Cheer's, Neil.
Old 04-16-2012, 08:11 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

1985 kenworth is on a distinguished road

oh yea i know all about those swift drivers we have tons of them in canada also i was in post office one day and watched 4 guys back a truck up to the dock one would go so far and jump out then the next guy would do the same after about 20 mins..i kid you not they finally got the trailer in the dock and put the brake on only to figure out they forgot to open the trailer doors ..i watched them and i was wondering if any of them would have figured this out but they didn't..good thing you were there because i read all too many times where the person hits the truck and leaves and insurance companies will look at you when you tell them this like yea right
Old 04-16-2012, 08:25 PM

Autocar is on a distinguished road

Yeah I know what you mean a couple years ago had two guys come pick up a load they had to drop the trailr when they went to hook back up they just looked at the air lines then at each other and said I dont know do you I almost fell down laughing
Old 04-22-2012, 04:27 AM
Craftsman

Diesel Demond is on a distinguished road

**** saved you truck but that bull bar aint cheap either. but a new one will be sweet also i feel your pain brother. cant stand my truck either with a little damage makes me look bad.
my freind is a teacher at century college for truck drivers here in minnesota and he just sais! un fricken beleivable the drivers comming in. he sais they are here to just make a quick buck no pride in driving anymore!!

Flat bedders do it with chains and straps,but now im yanking 53's
Old 04-19-2013, 10:47 PM

windless1 is on a distinguished road

Ha ha, it happens but it is not just swift that turns out turds, trust me you drive long enough you will see a lota so called turds. I have to poney up and say swift is the company that gave me my first year of pain, yes they are to big,yes they do turn out drivers to quick, but they gave me a shot when others would not. So please remember not all swiftys are bad. If ya think its easy try it, but to Dreamwever that dude was wrong and sucked at driving, but gotta ask did ya get a new shiny bumper outta the deal?
Old 04-19-2013, 10:51 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Stuff is on a distinguished road

LOL your neighbour!!! hahahaha that's awesome!
Subscribe!!
My Facebook -
Old 04-19-2013, 11:01 PM
Green Horn

Dieselchopper is on a distinguished road

Never fails these days. I drove truck many years and have a few similar stories. Defiantly hard to keep cool about it. Working now at a welding company and having many daily shipments it gets tough to watch the Cracker Jack box licenced drivers that can't drve to save their lives. Real ard to to yank them out ad jump in.
Old 04-19-2013, 11:23 PM
Green Horn

WhiteWolf McBride is on a distinguished road

Yep, another thingf we call 'em is (NotSo)Swift. Just like Oops & Federal Extortionists (aka, FedEx)

I am always on the lookout as an experienced driver (albeit car: 'Za delivery) and have NEVER gotten a ticket on the job. Never an At-Fault either, but then again, Canada has that stupid 'No Fault' insurance crap. It would get the lousy drivers off the road.

If I see dents/dings/damage on a vehicle, and they cannot hold their lane or other stuff like not signalling properly, I hang WAY back, or pass them soon as I can to leave 'em behind. That poor maintenance in a car meand they don't care enough to fix it, and can't drive well enough to prevent it.

I may drive a 06 Focus wagon, but I'm not gonna let her die due to rust. My last Ford, a '89 Focus, died of old age. 12 years and over 800 thou kms on her, and it was frame failure that put her in the yard, not the engine.

You're gonna have to twit your neighbor about not ticketing the git... somewtimes it takes a big scare or two to get 'em to pay attention.

WhiteWolf
- glad it was just yer bull-bar! See they ARE worth it after all!
Old 04-20-2013, 11:44 PM
Apprentice

Mama Sue is on a distinguished road

Although I don't drive a truck, I can relate to your situation. My big yellow school bus tends to be invisible to most. I am astonished with the way people drive these days. It wasn't until I did my training that I realized so many laws and techniques had changed since I had gotten my license....Most days I am shaking my head because some one has run my lights, had a near miss or seen the most ridiculous incident.
Old 06-06-2013, 02:10 PM

Clint307 is on a distinguished road

Students With Idiots For Trainers (Swift) thats what they're called in Wyoming!
Old 06-06-2013, 07:15 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

1985 kenworth is on a distinguished road

Whatever you call them.....they are everywhere obviously...and like the great police captain on Hill Street Blues would tell his officers after the briefing in the morning..."LET'S BE CAREFUL OUT THERE!!!!