RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Clubs/Groups and Events > Central Plains Mini Truckers Club

Old 02-26-2014, 10:36 AM
Journeyman

pigeonfarmboy is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Possible Spring Show in Monticello, Il

Curious if there's enough people that do not like to play in real dirt? If so, we can accommodate with an area for rubber as well.
Old 02-26-2014, 06:42 PM

BiLLy bOb is on a distinguished road

wish i could play in the dirt. only have a KH and flatbed. there's a **little** chance that ill have a dirt mover of some kind by then. what is there to do recreation wise around town? if im able to make it, my wife and 2 daughters will be with me. They might have some interest to watch, but i know 2 of them will eventually get bored. my 4yo, she'll be right there all day. are tanks allowed?

Last edited by BiLLy bOb; 02-26-2014 at 06:50 PM.
Old 02-26-2014, 06:54 PM
Journeyman

Lmackattack is on a distinguished road

I'm going to try to make the show...will bring all my tucks and stay for a day and head home or get a hotel if we get a good turn out.

As far as meterial I will haul what ever everyone wants. Personally I like anything the trucks can easly drive on and machines can dig,push in...
Old 02-26-2014, 09:35 PM

rsd53 is on a distinguished road

I'd be up for the trip. It would give my truck a chance to play with others for the first time.
Old 02-26-2014, 11:41 PM
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiLLy bOb View Post
wish i could play in the dirt. only have a KH and flatbed. there's a **little** chance that ill have a dirt mover of some kind by then. what is there to do recreation wise around town? if im able to make it, my wife and 2 daughters will be with me. They might have some interest to watch, but i know 2 of them will eventually get bored. my 4yo, she'll be right there all day. are tanks allowed?
There's a nice kids park/playground in town about 5 minutes from the field. We will also be right by a railway museum that should be running diesel or steam locomotives. I am also planning on building a sandbox so kids can play with all my bruder toys on the side.

Tanks would be fine. You can bring any RC vehicle or plane. It's nothing special, but there's an offroad track in the back of the facility. Anything that's not slow scale speed will be asked to drive off the main truck/construction site. No reason to damage a quality model with a basher.
Old 02-27-2014, 03:47 PM

BiLLy bOb is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigeonfarmboy View Post
There's a nice kids park/playground in town about 5 minutes from the field. We will also be right by a railway museum that should be running diesel or steam locomotives. I am also planning on building a sandbox so kids can play with all my bruder toys on the side.

Tanks would be fine. You can bring any RC vehicle or plane. It's nothing special, but there's an offroad track in the back of the facility. Anything that's not slow scale speed will be asked to drive off the main truck/construction site. No reason to damage a quality model with a basher.
understand completely on the speed issue. no issue with that at all. she's only 5 so she'll be using my tamiya tank instead of her henglong, i can limit its speed. her HL is wide open only in both forward/reverse so its not coming.

planes, hahaha, i got em, never learned to fly them. now gotta sell them. too big to ship.

i'll tell the wife about the museum and park. hopefully between them and shopping choices, hopefully they'll be happy.

Last edited by BiLLy bOb; 02-27-2014 at 03:51 PM.
Old 02-27-2014, 09:20 PM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigeonfarmboy View Post
Arrangements can be made with me if you need to ship models and fly here. Best airport would be Bloomington IL. Champaign is closer but will usually cost a bit more.
I'm sure you were thinking of me when you dreamt this idea and I thank you for the consideration, but unless the date changes to early or mid July? I won't be able to attend to after I retire 15yrs now.

You are doing a great job with the planning/organizing of such a show Nathan, I'm sure it will grow to be one of the best shows to attend every year in no time.

Joe
Old 02-28-2014, 02:50 PM
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Giants View Post
I'm sure you were thinking of me when you dreamt this idea and I thank you for the consideration, but unless the date changes to early or mid July? I won't be able to attend to after I retire 15yrs now.

You are doing a great job with the planning/organizing of such a show Nathan, I'm sure it will grow to be one of the best shows to attend every year in no time.
I'm aware of the timing conflict this is going to pose to farmers. It's a bummer for sure. Maybe an option would be to rotate the dates every year so we can get you down here.
Old 03-20-2014, 02:10 PM
Journeyman

Approval for work area! I'll be posting an official thread with all info needed and should have the hotel group rate by then as well. Really excited for this!
Old 03-20-2014, 08:02 PM
Craftsman

Snochaser will become famous soon enoughSnochaser will become famous soon enough

Sweet! Thumbs up.
R.I.P. FGD

Work Hard, Play Hard!
Never Forget- 343
Old 03-20-2014, 08:20 PM
Green Horn

YoungGunz is on a distinguished road

Awesome!! I'll have to start planning for this one!